Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Post by Zamtuk »

Great album! If you know who he is, definately go pick this up. If you liked his first one (Food and Liqour), then you will love this. This is absolutely a lot better than his last one, which was very good on its own.

If you don't know who he is, Lupe is a muslim MC out of Chicago (he was the guy on Kanye West's 'Touch the Sky'), who raps about pretty much completely random things. But does it really, really well.

Check out:
First CD -
Daydreamin
Kick, Push

Secon CD -

Superstar
Street on Fire
Little Weapon
The Die
Fuck Michigan!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Post by Funkmasterr »

I tried to like his first CD but couldn't get into it, I will give this one a shot and see if I like it more.

Was it him whose cd was mostly produced by the neptunes (can't stand them, particularly pharrell) ? Or am I thinking of someone else.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I like his stuff a lot.
I've heard a few of the new tracks and it seems a bit darker... but I still like em.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Funkmasterr wrote:I tried to like his first CD but couldn't get into it, I will give this one a shot and see if I like it more.

Was it him whose cd was mostly produced by the neptunes (can't stand them, particularly pharrell) ? Or am I thinking of someone else.
Nah, I don't think that was him, but they do both like skateboarding a lot, so the similarities are there.
Fuck Michigan!