I started playing again

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

I started playing again

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Props to Blizzard for not only giving me new stuff to do this patch, but giving me a shitload of new character goals.

I'll be playing full time again.

Btw, hunters and resto druids are borderline insane now.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: I started playing again

Post by Psyloche »

That avatar is insane, stop it sir.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

do you mean PVP or PVE wise? and if you mean PVP, why so for resto druids (hunters are pretty obvious!)

I had OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of fun doing Zul'aman last night (free 20 slot bag woo!), the encounters were actually more difficult than I expected. I haven't checked out much else this patch had to offer so far.

Also, your avatar is terrifying, fairweather
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PvP resto is what I was referring to. That bit of spell damage being added to a class that was already hard as hell to kill was icing on the cake.

Hunters pretty much own me now. I used to have a decent record against them. They needed a boost though. I'll just have to come up with some new tricks. As a feral, we were given some subtle, yet significant boosts as well.

I'm pretty much unstopable in world PvP now. If I'm getting beat, I just run away. No one can catch me.

I sit around stealthed in cat tracking everyone. (The new tracking changes are insane btw) I can also insta swap forms, including any animal form straight to epic flight from once out of combat. I feel like a god amoungst ants during Halaa PvP. I was surviving 3- people on me at once, just by running away. They couldn't catch me to kill me. Very fun stuff.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

He did it to scare me :(

I played a little bit of WoW over the weekend, and had a little fun. I don't know that it was enough to keep me hooked though. I finally got to use my Kara key since I had it before most of my guild was even 70...
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm pretty much unstopable in world PvP now. If I'm getting beat, I just run away. No one can catch me.
Except the Paladin with JoJ Rank 2 and Crusader Aura. :D

Ret got some much needed love in this patch, and I can't wait till Season 3 to pick up my gloves, helmet, and legs so I can rip faces faster than I already do.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sargeras wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm pretty much unstopable in world PvP now. If I'm getting beat, I just run away. No one can catch me.
Except the Paladin with JoJ Rank 2 and Crusader Aura. :D

Ret got some much needed love in this patch, and I can't wait till Season 3 to pick up my gloves, helmet, and legs so I can rip faces faster than I already do.
All I have to do is maim and run, or bash and run, or cyclone and run. Pallies can't hold me. They can only hope to contain me. If I want to get away, I'm getting away!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Ah..I primarily pvp with a resto druid, and didn't notice any huge buffs to the class, but I totally forgot about spellpower from healing. I assume you have the 4 piece arena bonus? A single druid can stall a WSG for infinity with that, and I bet it's even worse now.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

druids are pretty good now. I'm regretting that I stopped playing arena games for my druid (couldnt stomach the 2v2 queue times) but I'm going to get back into 2v2 or 3v3 with her

ele shaman got a pretty sick buff. A good majority of them, including me, didnt even have LO before and took the mp5 talent instead, but I imagine almost all of them will have LO now for the extra burst. watershield is sexy. the elemental mastery change was a pretty tough nerf though. if you crit twice in a row you end up losing a lot more mana than you would have previously, and most shaman crit twice or more in a row pretty consistently so over time that will suck a lot of juice up in comparison to pre 2.3. not to mention the fuckin 4 piece bonus is absolutely insane, ha!

went 31/30 on my rogue also, picked up 1.5 minute blind as a filler. definitely looking forward to 5v5 this week :}

i cant fuckin wait for season 3 to come out. between my 3 characters i have like 100k honor and over 14k arena points just waiting to spend
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

also, i'm pretty sure that trinkets remove JoJ now, unless they retracted the change in PTR. even so...... yeah... youre not killing a half-decent druid w/o help :}
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

cadalano wrote:also, i'm pretty sure that trinkets remove JoJ now, unless they retracted the change in PTR. even so...... yeah... youre not killing a half-decent druid w/o help :}
Yes, the trinket removes JoJ, but that doesn't bother me since using the trinket will dismount my target and keep them in combat, which is exactly what I want them to do. If a druid pops trinket, awww hello STUN! Wasting a 2 min CD trinket on an 8 second CD debuff is just fine with me.

Maim, bash, cyclone... I can trinket out of all of those, or bubble the first two.

You will not evade me Pussy_Druid_234! :D
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

so if the druid has the foresight to stun/incap/cyclone/whatever you before running away to trinket.. your counter is to use your trinket to catch him before he outranges hammer or repentance? then when he stun/incap/cyclones you again after you get in another swing you'll use your divine shield? who's wasting cooldowns here? ;P
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

By then he's usually dead. :P

Diminishing returns ftw~!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

FRAPS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

cyclone, bash/feral, maim, root all being on different DR's FTW!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

cadalano wrote:FRAPS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

Yup.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The enhancement changes were pretty nice, but I don't PvP much anymore so I can't really comment on how it affected that side of things. Raid wise tho, being able to pop Shamanistic Rage and take 30% less damage for 30 seconds is very very useful. Mana is a joke now with Focused shocks and the new Water Shield. I'm finding it hard to adjust to tho.. I keep seeing WS almost wearing off and feel the need to refresh it!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

the shamanistic rage deal kinda sucks in arena play because it can be dispelled. as a possible solution.... i havent had the opportunity yet, but i think blizzard might not have considered the potential OP factor of being able to spam watershield to counter dispells and purges at zero mana cost, and without even resetting your regen timer. but like i said, i havent had the chance to see if its even worth the bother.

they really should have at least made SR give you 2 different abilities on two different cools and made the protection side a physical effect because you will almost always need the mana at a different time that you'll need the protection and its kinda lame that you have to reserve it for when youre taking a beatdown or risk being exposed later.. enhancement is already pretty hot but 2.3 definitely makes them stronger. I actually was originally planning on going the underdog enhancement on my shaman for 5s.. you basically trade the LOS Pillar-hugging and interruptibility vulnerabilities of Elemental for the melee kiting vulnerabilities of enhancement.. but ele is still definitely stronger overall IMO. even so.. there will be OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more enh in 5v5 games and I cant wait till I cap out my elemental gear so I can buy some enhancement stuff to have some fun with it.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Actually, I was referring to Cyclone DR. Feral bash, while being 4 seconds, actually requires him to charge/hit me, which means he isn't running anymore. Maim is only 2 seconds since I doubt he has any combo points stored up while running away. And root, well... cleanse/BoFreedom!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Sargeras wrote:

Actually, I was referring to Cyclone DR. Feral bash, while being 4 seconds, actually requires him to charge/hit me, which means he isn't running anymore. Maim is only 2 seconds since I doubt he has any combo points stored up while running away. And root, well... cleanse/BoFreedom!
Yeah, but he could charge/hit you, switch from bear into cat (directly, no caster form inbetween), and be out of range before it wears off, or that's what appears to be happening to people in WSG right now.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Aardor wrote:Yeah, but he could charge/hit you, switch from bear into cat (directly, no caster form inbetween), and be out of range before it wears off, or that's what appears to be happening to people in WSG right now.
True, but then I'd mount up, chase him again. JoJ is 20 seconds, and by then his trinket still wouldn't be up yet. If he tried to stealth, I pop consecration and get him again.

It would be a vicious cycle that would either never end, all his CC would be on DR's and I get him, or he actually stopped to kill me... or at least try to. 8)

It's happened to me so many times. Before BC every single class in the game could easily escape a paladin, and now the tables have been turned.

What pissed me off the most about 2.3 is that Blind is no longer considered a poison. :vv_arge:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aardor wrote:
Sargeras wrote:

Yeah, but he could charge/hit you, switch from bear into cat (directly, no caster form inbetween), and be out of range before it wears off, or that's what appears to be happening to people in WSG right now.
And in world pvp it's even easier. A druid in cat can maim, sprint, and go straight to epic flight form as soon as he's out of combat.

It's odd that a druid's ability to run away has to be described in such detail.

Btw, if it's 1 on 1, I just kill the pallie.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

A friend won the game on the Horde side yesterday. I am on a PvE server, and he was flagged on his paladin while fighting an Alliance paladin. When he saw that the fight would never end, he bubble-hearthed away. Game Over. We were all laughing and he logged over to his Alliance character to explain why his actions meant he finally achieved what all Horde players wanted to do ever since it was announced that we would get Paladins.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

If Sargeras was there he wouldnt have been able to bubble hearth away 8)
Breagen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Breagen »

Healing -> damage is kind of nice but generally useless as a holy paladin. Only time I ever find it a valuable change is killing felhunters with a HS - exorcism - judge combo assuming it actually works and I didn't just waste 1k mana. For non-PvP it was already easy to just collect shockadin/ret gear when you are capped out in arenas if you want to be able to farm.

Although I hate resto druids due to being incredibly OP in 2v2, and to some extent 3v3, they pretty much need to be since they aren't very effective in 5v5 yet. If people can figure out a viable four dps team with a resto druid they may face a nerf of some sort but until than I'm betting Blizz will stick to their 'we balance around 5v5' claim.
Forest Stalker - EQ Retired
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

For the record, I have only bubble-hearthed twice in my entire WoW life.

Once while training the entire zone from zone-in to the Zul'Gurub enchant troll.

Once when a retarded guildie trained the KOS dragons on me while trying to handin the AQ ring quest to Anachronos.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

My guild has been focusing on KT since the nerf (killed him tonight =D) so haven't done too much ZA. We did it for a few hours, and the encounters were a lot more difficult than expected, but at least the first three were totally doable on our first tries of ever even seeing them at all. Granted we're all t5 geared and such. The dragonhawk was a bit challenging, and we left before we killed him. I got a healing / spellhaste necklace on my paladin, going to try to build a nice spellhaste set and play around with it. I'm also loving the new heroic badge rewards. I had 70ish badges on my paladin and warrior, finally something to spend them on.

I'll agree that the healing = damage is useless to a holy paladin generally. Priests and resto druids can throw a dot or an instant nuke on mobs in between heals. We have to use a 20 second CD ability that still only causes 900 - 1100 damage with roughly 700 spelldamage, and has a 20 yard range. Otherwise we can run even closer and so a seal / judgement, or better yet, just melee the mobs =p. I'm not really thrilled about it, but it's a fun boost I suppose.

Also resto druids are very viable in 5v5, but you need a holy priest or paladin with it. The huge heals from paladin / priest coupled with the hots from resto druid are incredible. I have a moonkin / pompyroiceblock mages x 2 / resto druid / my holy paladin team and we own some face off :p. Huge burst damage, tons of CC, lots of healing. Don't ask me about the mage's spec, but somehow they have pom and pyro AND iceblock, and they still manage to rip people up. We're at 1800 rating on BG9 (so like, 2200 rating in any other battlegroup, amirite?????!11one).
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

resto druids arent viable in 5v5 in the same sense that the other healers are. their heals blow for countering burst damage once NS is down, but the trade off is that they are virtually uncontrollable short of being focused. they need a buff, but blizz made the wrong move, imo.. they have enough survivability as is and giving them more wont change their insufficient heals in a 5v5 situation.. it'll just make them even crazier for 2's and 3's. What they could really use, imo.. is a better windup for swiftmend. Something like an instant cast, 15-20s cooldown, 100hp/2s over 60 seconds HOT which would have to be either immune to dispell OR low mana cost. Something that was insignificant on its own, but made Swiftmend a power heal rather than the "oh shit" patch it is now. Even more interesting would be two ideas... Option A: Battle Res. Option B: Give druids an ability that negates a portion, or all, of -heal effects.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bagar- wrote:Don't ask me about the mage's spec, but somehow they have pom and pyro AND iceblock
Don't all mages get that for free now?
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Not yet, Iceblock will be trainable next patch.

My guild finally downed Archimonde last night. Good god that felt good. Talk about a fight where so much can go wrong so easily. I don't think it'll ever be on "farm" status, it's so random, merely reducing the odds that something will go wrong and screw the pooch.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Yeah Arch looks like a big clusterfuck from the videos I watched. People getting feared into the fire and such.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte