Post by Skogen »

I FUCKING HATE SERVER QUEUES!!

/em really annoyed right now.

carry on.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

After two server splits and over a year of minimal queues I am glad to say that on EU-Dunemaul it's never been much of an issue.

I think the worst we ever had since the initial launch was a one time 400 person queue that involved a 10 minute wait time. Is it really that much worse on the US servers?

I really wonder how hard it would be for Blizzard to create 50 new servers given their unbelievable revenue per month.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Nick wrote:After two server splits and over a year of minimal queues I am glad to say that on EU-Dunemaul it's never been much of an issue.

I think the worst we ever had since the initial launch was a one time 400 person queue that involved a 10 minute wait time. Is it really that much worse on the US servers?

I really wonder how hard it would be for Blizzard to create 50 new servers given their unbelievable revenue per month.
I just waited 29 minutes. That's the usual for this time of night (7:30 pm)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Still no queue on Khadgar. They put it on the new hardware a few months ago. Has your server been upgraded yet?
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Boogahz wrote:Still no queue on Khadgar. They put it on the new hardware a few months ago. Has your server been upgraded yet?
Nope!! We've been begging for it, but no upgrade yet
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Isn't conforting to know that you're paying 15 bucks a month for the privilege of waiting 30 minutes before you can play every evening?
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Better than playing on a server thats empty
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm really not regretting putting my 15$ a month gaming budget on an online game rental place.

Same amount of money(a bit less actually) and I get a ton of variety for my gaming time.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Animalor wrote:I'm really not regretting putting my 15$ a month gaming budget on an online game rental place.

Same amount of money(a bit less actually) and I get a ton of variety for my gaming time.
I am assuming that you use Gamefly? I have thought about signing up for it, but my console playtime is so erratic that I don't know if it would be worthwhile.

How does it compare to the DVD service from Netflix, Blockbuster, or some other comparable service?
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Animalor wrote:Isn't conforting to know that you're paying 15 bucks a month for the privilege of waiting 30 minutes before you can play every evening?
Yes, that pisses me off! The only bright side is that it is only a narrow window of time in the evening....which isn't saying much, because in that window is when the raids form up, and get going. By the time I get in in, the raid is full, and my spot has been given to someone else because I was a no-show.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Boogahz wrote:
Animalor wrote:I'm really not regretting putting my 15$ a month gaming budget on an online game rental place.

I am assuming that you use Gamefly? I have thought about signing up for it, but my console playtime is so erratic that I don't know if it would be worthwhile.

How does it compare to the DVD service from Netflix, Blockbuster, or some other comparable service?
Actually I'm in Canada so no Gamefly for me. I use http://www.gameaccess.ca , which is pretty much the same thing.

The service is good. A bit slower than i'd like at times (3 days for them to get a game back and acknowledge they got it and 2 to get the next game back to me). I also seem to get sports titles much much faster than other non-sports(given that the 360 has so many sports titles it isn't surprising either).

I haven't had any problems with any of the disks I've received either.

I have mostly 360 games in my top 10 queue with some PS2 and DS games rounding out the bottom.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

The Official Blackhand gripe thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 979918&P=1
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Boogahz wrote:I am assuming that you use Gamefly? I have thought about signing up for it, but my console playtime is so erratic that I don't know if it would be worthwhile.

I use gamefly and it's okay, but I'm thinking about switching to http://www.gameznflix.com. It's cheaper, they have games, movies, books... I will let you guys know how the service is once I make the switch.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!