Quests

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Quests

Post by Dregor Thule »

Still haven't decided to reactivate my account, but was wondering... are you still locked out from getting quests if you're too high level for them?
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Hmm not from what I've seen. Went up to a guy the other day with no quest marker, but one I knew to have offered a quest when I was still really low level, and he still offered it when I clicked on him.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Hmm, maybe I should give a more specific example. I remember on the newbie island, there was an item that dropped off the crabs on the coast that started a quest, but it wouldn't drop if they didn't give exp anymore.

Do cases such as this still exist? It always bothered the heck out of me that I could miss out on content because I didn't kill the right mob at the right time and there was no way to go back and fix it. And since, if I picked up playing again, it would be for things like questing, it's an important point for me.
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

i started playing again not long ago andhave been able to finish off every quest that was left in my journal.

quests go green, the mobs may be gray but you can get drops for quest items required. Quests never go gray as far as I know.

I've done most of the low level quests that i had left over, even if hte mobs are gray and been able to complete them.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I know what you're talking about. Certain mobs drop chests with a quest starter when you kill them, if they're grey, no chest = no quest.

I think they've fixed this. Quest items are just body drops off mobs now. There might be an exception or 2 for rare items, but the only ones I can think of are tradeable anyways.

Quests don't ever go grey, but if you're about to finish a green quest, try to mentor someone lower if you can before you finish it off so you still get AA xp!
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

If you do run into the Grey Mob Quest problem, you can always Mentor down to get within level range of the mob.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

There are quest starters that are still chest loot.
For example, all the Fallen Gate and Wailing Caves FSRs are chest drops in Commonlands. There are numerous chest drop startes in every tier 2/3/4/5 zone.

Like the others have said, if you really really really want to get those quests, you can just mentor down to make the mobs green (or higher).

Certain items like language clickies (which are reqs for later quests) have been moved to corpse loot. Specifically, giant language is required for PGT heritage and Prismatic... the Giant language totems are corps eloot. Stilettos Orders (for manastone heritage quest) which used to be chest loot have been changed to corpse loot.

Quest items (not starters) are all either corpse loot or autoupdate, so you cannot outlevel a quest once you get it.

Do cases such as this still exist? It always bothered the heck out of me that I could miss out on content because I didn't kill the right mob at the right time and there was no way to go back and fix it.
It's still very easy to miss quests... the game has close to (or maybe more than) 3000 quests. A guy in my guild has an alt that has leveled exclusively on quest XP (disabled combat XP). He has only 900 quests completed at level 48.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Time remaining: 7:41:31

](*,)