Your next epic encounter may be against...a baseball player?

archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Curt Schilling Will Be Virtual Villain in EverQuest II During Red Sox-Yankees Series June 5, 6, 7

Sony Online Entertainment LLC, today announced that Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is about to debut in his favorite online video game, EverQuest II, as an epically awesome, loot-dropping virtual bad guy who battles unwary players. And it's all for a good cause.

Schilling's video game character will reside within the online world of EverQuest II (EQII) for three days during the Yankees vs. Red Sox baseball series June 5, 6 and 7, 2006 at Yankee Stadium. During this time, anyone can register for and log into EverQuest II at battleals.com to challenge the evil Schilling character, appropriately named "Curt Schilling."

Every time a player defeats the virtual Schilling character, Sony Online Entertainment, creators of EverQuest II, will make a donation of $5 dollars (up to a maximum of $10,000) to the ALS Association, which assists patients with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. After the three-day baseball series, Curt's character will remain within the game as a high-powered enemy that characters will have to face later in the game. At the launch of the campaign on June 5th, Schilling's 10-year-old son, Gehrig (named after the legendary Yankee first baseman), will be one of the first to battle his virtual dad in-game.

In addition, SOE will encourage its hundreds of thousands of EQII players to type /ALS within the game in order to donate money to Curt's charity of choice, the ALS Association. This program will run for the entire three-day series and will give the SOE player community a chance to help with this worthy cause.

"ALS is about as devastating a disease as you can imagine," says Schilling. "It's relentless, ruthless, and devastates entire families as one member slowly perishes. With video games exploding in popularity, I can't think of a better place to reach the masses to raise awareness."

That's actually kind of cool. :)
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Sign me up.

I liked Boston back in the playoffs of 2004 (or whenever they won) but god damn, I hate them and their cocky fans now.
miir and I are best friends. <3