Make the change ?

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Make the change ?

Post by Funkmasterr »

I am patching eq2 right now, I haven't played it since I started playing WoW almost a year ago.

Here is my issue. WoW is okay, I am currently working on bg's and am like rank 9 or something.. What I know is going to happen is that once I finish with battlegrounds I will be bored with it until the expansion comes out (who the hell knows when that will be) and I am not interested in just starting a new character on wow to pass time. I don't play enough at the right times to join a raiding guild which is about my only other option in wow.. Hence the reason im patching eq2 again.

Anyhow, are many people still playing this ? How are things, is there a fair amount of high end content with the new expansion and all ? (there has to be a lot compared to WoW).. Im just wondering if this attempt to keep myself occupied is going to work or not. .. I think I was playing on Permafrost originally and didnt really know anyone so I might think of going to a different server to find some veeshan people.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

I just picked up the game a short time ago. I made a character over on Permafrost because I knew a few people there. So far I like it a lot better then WoW because the high end isn't as easy to reach.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Is it just me or is just about every other thread in this section asking, "So who is still playing?"
miir and I are best friends. <3
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

The high end really sucks, has always sucked and will forever suck do to the way they have it set up now.

The high end game mostly focuses on one or two very long quests which result in one item per person that isn't even that good. The high end raid zones are just copies of zones you would XP in and they are instanced so that there is no competition at all between guilds. There are a few contestable mobs in the high end but they are few and far between.

Many people are quitting due to this shitty environment of 'high end raiding'.

I quit about 2 months ago not necessarily because of it, but now that I have the time to come back, reading responses from other long time players that recently quit don't make me thrilled to return.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keep in mind like I said that I don't play at the right times to raid anymore. Basically what Im wondering is if there is more content for solo and groups at high level then in WoW.. I can only do UBRS so many times before my head explodes.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I'm playing on Lucan D'Lere with a bunch of old Veeshan people and having a blast. Been playing since August and it's definitely kept my interest better than WoW. Don't get me wrong, I love WoW it's just that I got way behind my guild and everyone was 60 and I had no time to play for months on end.

Our guild on Luclan is an adult casual guild. We have fun, tell dirty jokes and help whoever needs it in the guild. There are usually about 10 of us on most nights if even only for a while just to say "Hi" and "you suck" or something. We are almost level 31 as a guild (max is 40 with the expansion but you get all the good stuff at 30). We have a couple of 60s already but people will mentor or play twinks at times just so we can play together. Me of course I still have to solo a lot but I always have help when I need it. Primary location is Qeynos but we all have FP alts as well, which is what I'm playing most of the time right now...

Anyway, there are a lot of newbie changes coming in January, no more Archs I think because it's "hindering" some newbies. Personally I enjoyed it but oh well. I'm usually on Marbus or Mardie, give me a shout if you want to hand out.

Cheers!
Marb
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Archs?

Wait, you don't mean they're getting rid of the class system do you? that was one of the best things the game had going for it.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Dregor Thule wrote:Archs?

Wait, you don't mean they're getting rid of the class system do you? that was one of the best things the game had going for it.
I don't think so, but you won't have to do wierd quests to get your archetype, you'll just be a paladin/sk/etc from the beginning.

I don't see what the archetype progression has going for it really... when I made my paladin he was a paladin; he wasn't a fighter then a crusader then a paladin, as far as I was concerned.

Having to go back to town when you're in the middle of a nice XP group so you can do a shitty quest and be "allowed" to gain XP again in your new archetype was a retarded mechanic.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

I like that part more then the rest of the game
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Zaelath wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:Archs?

I don't think so, but you won't have to do wierd quests to get your archetype, you'll just be a paladin/sk/etc from the beginning.

I don't see what the archetype progression has going for it really... when I made my paladin he was a paladin; he wasn't a fighter then a crusader then a paladin, as far as I was concerned.

Having to go back to town when you're in the middle of a nice XP group so you can do a shitty quest and be "allowed" to gain XP again in your new archetype was a retarded mechanic.
That's your opinion. Myself personally, quests are the key thing for me, and having a quest where it felt like your characters class progressed by doing it was nice. Shame.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Right, and I thought it was cool the first time....
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I didn't mind the class quest things, I think it was relatively painless. But then again I played FFXI which took that concept to the furthest fucking extremity possible so my opinion may be skewed.