New for Fox's Fall lineup: Kitchen Confidential

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

New for Fox's Fall lineup: Kitchen Confidential

Post by Xatrei »

Ok, it's TV, but probably of more interest to the foodies on the boards than others. For any interested Bourdain fans, Fox will be airing a sitcom based on Tony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential This reminds me of the Los Angeles episode (LA didn't make it into the book) of A Cook's Tour when Tony did the nightmare sequence fantasizing about him selling out to Hollywood.

http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_fall.htm
Kitchen Confidential

Based on renowned chef Anthony Bourdain’s best-selling autobiography, KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL explores the deliciously crazy world of upscale restaurants. Chef JACK BOURDAIN (Bradley Cooper, “Alias,” “I Want to Marry Ryan Banks”) found enormous success at a young age, but his culinary genius also led to a lifestyle of boozing, womanizing and drugs. After hitting rock bottom and deciding to sober up, the only job he could get was slopping soggy pasta for the masses at a tacky opera-themed restaurant. Out of the blue, Jack is offered an opportunity to get back in the game as head chef at a top New York restaurant. There’s just one problem: the owner gives Jack a mere 48 hours to fully staff his kitchen and prepare to dazzle over 300 customers – including the food critic for the New York Times (who also happens to be a jilted ex). Jack hastily assembles a renegade crew of colleagues from his past, including chefs STEVEN DAEDALUS (Owain Yeoman, “Troy”), SETH KLEIN (Nicholas Brendon, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and TEDDY WONG (John Cho, “Harold & Kumar”). Also along for the ride are TANYA (Jaime King, “White Chicks,” “ Pearl Harbor ”) the hostess, a rookie pastry chef named JIM (John F. Daley, “Freaks and Geeks”), and the owner’s daughter, the gorgeous MIMI (Bonnie Somerville, “NYPD Blue”), who can’t wait for Jack to fail. In KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL, executive producers Darren Star (“Sex and the City”) and David Hemingson (“Just Shoot Me,” AMERICAN DAD) expose the secrets of the restaurant business through the delectable story of a talented chef who’s determined to climb back to the top of the food game.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES
20th Century Fox Television
New Line Productions, Inc.,
Darren Star Productions, Inc.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
Darren Star
Jim Rosenthal
David Knoller

WRITER/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
David Hemingson

DIRECTOR
Darren Star

CAST
Bradley Cooper as Jack
Bonnie Somerville as Mimi
Owain Yeoman as Steven
Nicholas Brendon as Seth
John Cho as Teddy
Jaime King as Tanya
John F. Daley as Jim
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

OMG thank you for showing me this... calling Tony now to give him fucking HELLLLLL!

This is too fuckin funny
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Haha - he deserves some ribbing over this. Can't totally blame the guy for cashing in, but it is deliciously ironic considering how critical he's been of stuff like this in the past.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

His voicemail says

yes I am a total sellout, feel free to add you message to the ever growing list
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

rofl