cardio in 5 mins?

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

cardio in 5 mins?

Post by Xzion »

personally i hate cardio excersize and have been looking for non time consuming yet meaningful cardio excersize...lately ive been trying "burst" push ups where you lift off with your feet and hands and do somewhat of a jump after each pushup, doing a good 50 of these in a row or whatever your built for will give you a decent cardio workout...without having to run for say a 30 min equiv..anyone else have any ideas for non time consuming yet effective cardio?
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

Hmm, Cardio workouts mean keeping your heart rate at a certain elevated point, for a given amount of time. By definition, that means there are no "quick" cardio excercises that are meaningful. Far as I know...
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Menelaos wrote:Hmm, Cardio workouts mean keeping your heart rate at a certain elevated point, for a given amount of time. By definition, that means there are no "quick" cardio excercises that are meaningful. Far as I know...
well grappling ina sense is also "quick" cardio excersize, as 30 mins of that...maybe 7 mins in 3 matches gives you a hell of a cardio workout...i bring up thisthread because i get bored running or doing something of the sort for 30 mins streight, so im looking for the same results in something that takes 5 mins
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Grappling is NOT an aerobic exercise.

You will NOT increase your aerobic threshhold in 5 minutes of anything.

You are stupid.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Xzion wrote:
Menelaos wrote:Hmm, Cardio workouts mean keeping your heart rate at a certain elevated point, for a given amount of time. By definition, that means there are no "quick" cardio excercises that are meaningful. Far as I know...
well grappling ina sense is also "quick" cardio excersize, as 30 mins of that...maybe 7 mins in 3 matches gives you a hell of a cardio workout...i bring up thisthread because i get bored running or doing something of the sort for 30 mins streight, so im looking for the same results in something that takes 5 mins
Did you eat paintchips as a child?

You are painfully retarded.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'd just like to say that as an individual who does daily aerobic exercise, your total lack of knowledge made my blood boil.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I am at a total loss of words.
Xzion, ... I just can't even comment.
I am speechless for one of the few times in my life.
Congrats...
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

Cardio requires time. it is as much a law of anatomy as gravity is a law of physics.

at my peak i was running a 10minute 2mile in Airborne school. At the time i ran about 8 miles a day on average. i spent about an hour a day on cardio whether it was jump rope, running, or whatever. i ate lots of carbs and spent a lot of time staying in shape.

then i went to afghanistan and quit working out. my last run i dropped to a 15:30 2mile. being in shape requires time. if you are too lazy to stay in shape then don't bother with quick "schemes" b/c it's not worth even the little effort you are putting in.
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Yeah the minimum for aerobic excercise to have any impact is 20 mins as I recall...
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

45 mins morningwalk is enough! Add Coffee (caffeine-pills) or for the lazies, wash yerself with a caffeine-soap afterwards! :D

Add some Ripped Fuel for quicker results!

Fat Burned and Shredded!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

i am pretty ignorant (il admit) as i never do any heavy cardio excursive, just eat relatively healthy, bjj and weight training 3-4x a week...i never really liked any "traditional" sports....looks like im just sticking to a couple hundred push ups and crunches a day, since atm i dont have to worry about fat
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xzion wrote:i am pretty ignorant (il admit) as i never do any heavy cardio excursive, just eat relatively healthy, bjj and weight training 3-4x a week...i never really liked any "traditional" sports....looks like im just sticking to a couple hundred push ups and crunches a day, since atm i dont have to worry about fat
Well, everyone have different metabolism!

Since you do BJJ, eat well and train 3-4 times a week , that works well for you.

Some people, ectomorphs and mesomorphs don't have to do as much cardio as endomorphs who easily gain fat etc.

Some burn fat very easily (and quickly) while others have to struggle and do cardio OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.

I'd say keep up what yer doing X!

When you add mass though, you get fat as well, and after you have gained desired mass, you usually do OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of cardio as well as change diet to burn the undesired fat.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I have gained almost 30 pounds of mass over the past year, so i am in process of burning off undesired fat right now, my gut is getitng a little too prominent for me, so aiming to shed at leats 10 pounds through cardio and diet.

Anyone have ny good recommendations for that? So far i am going to be doing 2 x ½ an hour and 1 x 1 hour in a crosstrainer a week, while lifting 4 times a week, and then try to control my calorie intake as much as possible.
Fortune favors the brave!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Anyone have ny good recommendations for that?
Go down to the park and play basketball.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tegellan wrote:I have gained almost 30 pounds of mass over the past year, so i am in process of burning off undesired fat right now, my gut is getitng a little too prominent for me, so aiming to shed at leats 10 pounds through cardio and diet.

Anyone have ny good recommendations for that? So far i am going to be doing 2 x ½ an hour and 1 x 1 hour in a crosstrainer a week, while lifting 4 times a week, and then try to control my calorie intake as much as possible.
TEGS!

Fastande mage optimerar fettförbränningen.

"fasting longer than 6 h optimizes fat oxidation."

Thats why morning walks are better than doing the walk in the evening.

If you do evening walks, the energy is taken more from the carbohydrates (active energy) than the bodyfat (stored energy)

If you want to burn fat even quicker, add Ripped Fuel (if its legal in Sweden it should be legal in Denmark LOLZ)!

Good luck! :)

Change the diet of course :) 200g proteinas usual but less carbs!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
Xzion wrote:i am pretty ignorant (il admit) as i never do any heavy cardio excursive, just eat relatively healthy, bjj and weight training 3-4x a week...i never really liked any "traditional" sports....looks like im just sticking to a couple hundred push ups and crunches a day, since atm i dont have to worry about fat
Well, everyone have different metabolism!

Since you do BJJ, eat well and train 3-4 times a week , that works well for you.

Some people, ectomorphs and mesomorphs don't have to do as much cardio as endomorphs who easily gain fat etc.

Some burn fat very easily (and quickly) while others have to struggle and do cardio OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.

I'd say keep up what yer doing X!

When you add mass though, you get fat as well, and after you have gained desired mass, you usually do OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of cardio as well as change diet to burn the undesired fat.
aye, ive put on a couple of pounds and was looking for a non time consuming way to get the 6-pack ready for the cruise, running gets too damn boring and im fucking horrible at basketball, might just increase the push ups and do some kayaking
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I personally find that rowing in a rowing machine (not sure what it's called in english) is less boring than running. Might wanna try that out?

Thanks for that advice Kwon, i am just so bloody bad at getting up early, but might be an idea to hit the gym before breakfast on my days off.
Fortune favors the brave!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Hmm, 5 minutes....

In school we had what our basketball coach called a "Marine Drill" which you had to finish in 5 minutes or less depending on his mood.

Run horse drill (near foul line, half court, far foul line, far base line and back) then do 25 situps. Do the horse drill again, and do 25 jumping jacks, do the horse drill again and do 25 pushups. It sounds easy enough, but get one jackass taking his time means the clock loses 30 seconds and you start over. If everyone wasn't finished in the time limit, you start over.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tegellan wrote:I personally find that rowing in a rowing machine (not sure what it's called in english) is less boring than running. Might wanna try that out?

Thanks for that advice Kwon, i am just so bloody bad at getting up early, but might be an idea to hit the gym before breakfast on my days off.
There is also spinning, indoor exercise-bikes and other cardio-machines (beside running)

During diet, eat healthy fats, fish oil or flaxseed oil for example.

Or Avocado, nuts, seeds, fat fish (salmon) and healthy oils such as olive.

Eat multiple times a day(each time you eat, your metabolic rate rises as your body processes the food), the more meals you eat daily, the higher your total metabolic rate.

Strive for 5-6 meals a day with 2-3 hours apart.

Consume fewer calories per meal than you need for maintenance to encourage your body to tap into bodyfat stores for energy.

Rely on slow-burning carbs at most times of day, instead of sugar use complex carbs like brown rice, yams, oatmeal, pasta and whole-grain breads.

Take in plenty of lean proteine, eggwhites, turkey,chickenbreast, whitefish.

Drink plenty of water, eat fiber, increase fruit and veggie consumption.