Valentines Breakfast Horror Story

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Valentines Breakfast Horror Story

Post by noel »

So I wanted to surprise my girlfriend and make crepes for breakfast this morning. I mentioned to her last night that I needed to go out and get milk, but she didn't want me to go out, and she mentioned we still had some soy milk in the refrigerator.

So this morning I get up at 4:45 right after she got in the shower, and I snuck downstairs to start making them. I discover to my horror that the soy milk is bad (I don't think it survived our recent move).

I start frantically looking around our kitchen for something to use in its place, and I discover a carton of vanilla ice cream in the freezer. I melt down the ice cream and blend it into the batter, and thankfully, they turned out great.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I'll be honest with you, not only is that a great substitute, it's more than likely a lot better than if you had to use soy milk. Pure vanilla extract is a normal ingredient of fruit or breakfast crepes. I'd just drop any added sugar from the recipe to the batter (not the powdered on plating of course, that's a staple).

Pretty frikken ingenius
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I did drop the sugar and vanilla. :) I was lucky we still had it to be honest.

I generally don't use soymilk in recipes that call for milk because I find the consistency of soymilk to be more viscous than regular milk, but I was willing to try it since she didn't want me to go out, and I really didn't have anything else to work with.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

soymirk are berong to the devir.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

gotta agree w/the Dane on this one. Soy milk are definitely not the bomb.
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Glad it turned out well, but that is not a horror story.

If you had not realized the milk had gone bad and she then spent the day yakking or in the emergency room: that's a horror story.