Baseball, Steroids, and Tainted Records

What do you think about the sports world?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Baseball, Steroids, and Tainted Records

Post by Voronwë »

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1733645

you know what is sad, is Bonds will probably break Hank Aaron's all time home run record, and nobody will really care that his most prolific home run years came when he was obviously juiced up.

his "trainer" has been indicted with 42 counts revolving around providing steroids to athletes.

shocking! bonds juiced up? how did the feds catch on?

expect to see a more svelt bonds in 2004!!
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Ive said it for years, its very easy to see from his rookie card and his other cards through the years.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I can't wait to see how many players this year come out with a "new training program to increase flexibility" and are a hell of a lot less buff than the last 5 years. IMO, they should put astericks next to the home runs he ahs hit while juiced. They should also ban every player that they find using steroids for life. If they can ban you for gambling on games, then you should be banned for actually affecting outcomes via illegal performance enhancing drugs.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

steroids is a much bigger threat to the "sanctitiy of the game" than gambling in my opinion.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Voronwë wrote:steroids is a much bigger threat to the "sanctitiy of the game" than gambling in my opinion.
I agree
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

cripes Trek, cant you spell Sanctity?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I will try to do better in the future, but no garanteez :shock:
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Ive always wondered why pitchers havent been supporters of testing. Theyre the ones that suffer the most from it. All the beefed up hitters make a pitchers career very short and very laughable. Its gotten to the point where a 3.60 era is considered a good year thanks to all the juiced up batters.

If I were a pitcher, I wouldve demanded long ago to have mandatory testing. Its in their best interest.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I honestly can't wait for the crackdown on steroid use in American professional sports. It's about time.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Homercles wrote:Ive always wondered why pitchers havent been supporters of testing. Theyre the ones that suffer the most from it. All the beefed up hitters make a pitchers career very short and very laughable. Its gotten to the point where a 3.60 era is considered a good year thanks to all the juiced up batters.

If I were a pitcher, I wouldve demanded long ago to have mandatory testing. Its in their best interest.

Because a lot of pitchers are juiced up as well.