Jagr traded to NY Rangers

What do you think about the sports world?
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Jagr traded to NY Rangers

Post by Xouqoa »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

Kind of appropriate, in my opinion. The Capitals get to ditch a whiny baby and the Rangers get to pick up yet another overpaid player to add to their already inflated roster salary. Good job to all!

It's kinda sad Jagr is such an ass monkey, too -- he sure was great when he played with Lemieux in Pittsburgh. Jagr and Lindros will make a lovely pairing, I'm sure. *snicker*
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Jagr traded to NY Rangers

Post by laneela »

Xouqoa wrote:Rangers get to pick up yet another overpaid player to add to their already inflated roster salary
This made me chuckle coming from you, Xou. Granted, the Wings are doing much better with their "already inflated roster salary" than the Rangers are doing with theirs but seeing those words come out of a Wings fan was quite ironic. =P

edit: if I'm doing my math correctly, that'll put the Rangers over the Wings as far as payrolls are concerned.

(http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/n ... fault.aspx)
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

The Red Wings at least make smart decisions with their players and money. The Rangers.... not so smart!

I just think it's funny they picked up Jagr AND Lindros. I mean, wasn't getting Lindros a learning experience or anything? Guess not.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Eh, I do believe that I saw on Sportscenter that Jagr had scored more points since he entered the league in '90 or '91 than any other player.

/shrug
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I'm not the biggest fan of the man that used to be called Mario Jr, but there is no denying that he can wrack up the points. The man is a machine at times, although a bit of a tempermental twit.

Will this help the Rangers? Who knows. They have so many people on that roster (and have had over the last 5 or so years) with so much talent that never produce(d). With all the money the Rangers have spent, they still couldn't buy a playoff spot. Will Jagr get the same disease as so many others?

As for the Caps... WTF??? They give away a premier forward, agree to pay half his bloody salary for the next 4 years and get a 2nd line quality player in Anson Carter. The GM, George McPhee, ought to be fired on this one. Carter for Jagr as a move if the caps were looking to dump salaries might be acceptable... but they're still on the hook for $20 million over the next 4 years.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

OMG... 9 to fucking 1. NINE!!!!

Great trade.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Maybe they should contact the Wings about acquiring either Hasek or Joseph and take on more salary. After all, they seem gullible enough to do it.
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
poppa - N00b Conglomerate Emerald
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

This is the biggest load of crap. I move from Pittsburgh down to DC, I *try* to be a caps fan...and these anal beads at the front office can't even get a fucken trade right. What unbelievable shit happens to the Caps is totally their own fault...they do the stupidest shit sometimes. This is why I'm one of those annoying Pen's fans at the Caps home games...

Further reminders that hockey will never be as good to me as it was 89 thru 92. I miss Francis/Lemiex/Jagr :(
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

This is the last year I buy my 8 game mini-plan. They keep e-mailing me about putting a non-refundable $50 deposit for the same plan next year. No mas. I'm disgusted quite frankly. They can kiss my $680 richer ass goodbye.

NHL fan, looking for any team to now follow(except the Devils), will pay, will travel
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Chidoro wrote:This is the last year I buy my 8 game mini-plan. They keep e-mailing me about putting a non-refundable $50 deposit for the same plan next year. No mas. I'm disgusted quite frankly. They can kiss my $680 richer ass goodbye.
Wait, how many seats is that for?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Jagr can be a great scorer, but he needs someone else to handle the puck and get it to him. The Francis/Lemieux/Jagr combo was the best scoring line EVAR!!!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Two seats, eight games, one game against each Atlantic Division team. Only 300 level to boot. 200 level tickets for the same plan are 50% more
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Rangers have too many finishers and not enough playmakers.
Too many egos in that dressing room.

While the style of hockey they play is entertaining, it doesn't translate into success.

Look at the top teams in the NHL right now... their rosters are loaded with quality role players (forecheckers, stay-at-home defencemen, power forwards, setup men) with a few top tier goal scorers.

The Rangers roster is loaded down with one dimenional goal scorers coasting on the fringe waiting for that perfect setup pass. Teams like the Leafs, Senators and Red Wings have guys that will sit in front of the net and take obscene amounts of punisment so that their linemates can get the scoring chances. Players like Gary Robers and Owen Nolan come to mind.
Further reminders that hockey will never be as good to me as it was 89 thru 92. I miss Francis/Lemiex/Jagr
A perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Fancis got the crap beat out of him night after night so that Lemiuex would have the room to set up Jagr with the perfect pass.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z