FUCK FAVRE

What do you think about the sports world?
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

FUCK FAVRE

Post by Zamtuk »

Fuck you, you stupid ass fucking son of a whore piece of shit eating sheep fucking retarded asshole.

guess i dont get to attend the NFC championship game this year :(
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Bad throw, bad decision... but still one of the best QB's ever. I'm upset too, but not quite as upset as you, apparently. =)
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

by far the worst play of that game was the 4th and 26 completion. To allow such a heinous thing to happen simply means the packers are not a championship team. I'm very saddened by this game.

Before the season started I gave a guy 7 to 1 odds that the eagles will not win the superbowl. He bet me $50. If the eagles win the superbowl I lose $350. I think I'm going to be sick.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

The AFC might have something to say about an Eagles win in addition to Carolina for that matter. You have four grinder teams out there now. As a Giant fan, this is easily the next best thing, excellent games each and every one
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Blame the defense on the 4th and 26 more for sure. Was a bad pass though.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

New England or Indy will eat Philadelphia for breakfast. Carolina just might, too.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Packer defense just did not show up again. They had 7 or 8 sacks but McNabb really wasn't pressured by the front four at all. Those sacks mostly came on corner or LB blitzes. Packers also fucked up by not relying more on the ground game early on. How many 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 did they try and pass on and fail. Fucking shitty coaching against a Philly team that couldn't stop the run at all.

Anyone else think they should of taken the 3 points at the end of the first half instead of go for it? If they would of been ahead by 14 instead of 7 then I would have gone for it but in a close game every point matters. I would have settled for 3, especially with Philly being fairly strong against the run that drive.
Deward
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Packers had the Eagles on their heels and when push came to shove and the game was on the line, Sherman pussed out on the 4th and 1 that would have iced the game. As it turned out the only difference would have been 20 yards after the bad punt for a touchback. If there is anyone to blame, it was the play calling by the coach. For example, why in the world do you go for a TD with 4th and 1 on the 1 yard line that EARLY in the game when you can take the almost automatic 3 points? I'm sorry, but in a playoff game you never do things like that when you are ahead early in the game.That choice directly cost them the game. Its funny how he messed up both 4th and 1 situations.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Xouqoa wrote:New England or Indy will eat Philadelphia for breakfast. Carolina just might, too.

Maybe, but the Eagles have been winning dispite their injuries and loss of players via FA. Being able to win the NL-EAST this many times in a row and going to the championship game for the 3rd straight year is quite a tribute to Andy Reid. The Eagles continue to win against teams that should most likely 'eat them for breakfast'. As far as the Favre pass he was about to get killed by 3 blitzers and threw it up, all his previous 'close his eyes and huck it' plays went for TD's or big plays so why not? If he had'nt thrown it up for grabs the whole game GB wouldnt have been in it at the end anyways.

Really the only play that makes a difference in this game is the 4th and 1 with ~2 minutes to go, why they didnt go for it boggles the mind. The 4th and 26 was impressive but the Eagles should never have had the chance. During that GB drive the Eagles couldnt stop the run and where completely spent and being pushed around. What makes a coach punt when there is a high probability its going to be a 20 yard punt?
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The Eagles are the NFC's Buffalo Bills. If GB's defensive line ate McNabb up like they did, then Carolina's d-line (arguably the best in the nation) will have a field day.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xouqoa »

Nothing wrong at all with Andy Reid, he's done an excellent job in Philly. I just think they are lacking the offensive power to get the job done against (especially) Indy, and also New England. Indy has just looked absolutely unstoppable the last two games, I'm looking forward to see how they fare in Foxboro.

The problem with the pass Favre threw was that it wasn't anywhere near Walker. It was a broken play and he probably shoulda just thrown the ball away. But that's easy for me to say, sitting at home watching the game on television. =)
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

McNabb took a lot of sacs because he was always waiting too long for recievers to be open. Once in a while,GB's pass rush did crush them pretty good but if McNabb tucks the ball away and runs more against Carolina, I don't see Carolina coming close to winning this game. After all, Carolina has zero sideline to sideline speed defensive players, as was exploited by Vick.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Staley looked pretty damn good as well. He was reminding me a little bit of what I used to see him do best, bounce and roll off of defenders while keeping the motion forward and the ball tucked away.

I will say that playing in Philly isn't going to be that big of a deal for Carolina though. Green Bay had the crowd completely out of the game for most of it. Meanwhile, you could barely hear the radio announcers talk at Arrowhead even when the Chiefs were also two td's down.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I completely disagree with the Arrowhead thing. Anytime a quarterback can perfectly execute an offense that relies so heavily on audibles and no-huddle, well, that means that the crowd sucked.

I agree with Xou about the Eagles though. As an Eagles fan, it sucks to say, but I don't see them winning the Super Bowl this year. They just have way too many injuries. Westbrook is out, Vincent is either out or banged up, Carlos Emmons is out, and their defensive line consists of like 5 guys. They have no talent on offense beyond McNabb and the line.

They're just spread too thin. When the Eagles are at full strength, they're a scary team, but as it is now, they're just holding on and trying desperately to pull out games that they have no business winning. At full strength, the Eagles would likely nail the Packers to a wall. As it is, it took an incredible effort and a ton of luck to win that game. Carolina is better than the Packers, and Indianapolis and New England are much better. Stranger things have happened, and the Eagles certainly could win it all, but I'm certainly not as hopeful as I would be if my team was playing in the AFC championship right now.

Edit: The Eagles put guys named Reno Mahe and Sam Rayburn in positions of responsibility yesterday. Never heard of them? Well, Rayburn is a rookie out of Tulsa who managed 9 tackles this year. Mahe is also a rookie, out of BYU, who had 1 catch for 5 yards this year. I'm sure that both of them have some talent, but you can't trust that sort of inexperience to hold together against the teams that are left.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xyun wrote: Before the season started I gave a guy 7 to 1 odds that the eagles will not win the superbowl. He bet me $50. If the eagles win the superbowl I lose $350. I think I'm going to be sick.
You'll get your $50.00. NE (or Indy but I doubt it) will steamroll Philly. NE's defense is way too good for Philadelphia's Offense to score enough points to stay in the game.

The only problem is NE players might pass out from heatstroke in the Superbowl after having played most of their games in freezing temperaures.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Sueven wrote:I completely disagree with the Arrowhead thing. Anytime a quarterback can perfectly execute an offense that relies so heavily on audibles and no-huddle, well, that means that the crowd sucked.
The crowd was pretty damn loud throughout the game. I think they did a story on the Colts offense and they said that noise doesn't bother them because they rely more on hand signals. Against the Cheifs defense, you could have had Joe Theismann come out of retirement to toss 4 TD passes. Never in my life have I seen such a total crappy display of defense in a playoff game. Also, I wouldn't count out the Eagles yet as they have shown more heart than any team out there this year. They really do have big mo on their side at this time.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I'd like to say that I wasn't able to reply before this due to mourning but I was actually without net access until about an hour ago. I missed most of the game yesterday but I have to agree that allowing the eagles back into the game on that 4th and 26 was the worst play of the game. You can all blame my wife for that. She said we won the game before the play took place thus jinxing the entire thing. Sigh, well at least Favre will play another year I guess.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Farve and the defense petered out late, but this game really was blown by the coach. Sherman has fucked up a lot this season costing GB several games they easily could have won, but this is this game showcased the summit of his poor judgement. Some critical examples:

1) You have the best running back in the AFC and a total mismatch in your O-Line against their D-Line. Anyone with half a brain would run the fucking ball down the opposing teams throat all game, until they stuffed it. Any passing would have been play action, short range posts, and the occasional shot to the end zone to keep the D stretched out. Once they jumped up by two scores on deep shots, you want to keep pounding the fucking ball and wear out their D while you eat the clock. Sherman chose to run constant short to mid range pass play and the running game, despite being hugely effective all day, was seldom used. They even ran plays with an empty back field for fuck sakes, basically telling the D "hey we are going to pass for sure this time" at critical conversions. The end result of this was that they left plenty of time on the clock, never gave their own D ample rest, and never once delivered the KO shot that a runner can do late in the game to destroy the D's will. Completely unescusable.

2) Fourth Down and Goal. Okay, you are on the goal line and up by two TDs and your defense has the other team locked down. At home, this is the correct call if you have a good running game. On the road you are gambling the entire momentum of the game. You should never pass up any chance to put points on the board in a playoff game on the road. Having those three points would have changed the entire course of the game. Sherman got cocky because he was able to convert against the Seahawks attrocious D line with the home crowd backing you, but the Eagles are too talented to take this kind of risk against, especially on the road. That, in my mind, is the single biggest decission that cost GB their season and it rests solely on Sherman's head.

3) The Defense that Prevents you from winning. Jesus christ, why on 4th and 26 would you pucker up your assholes to that point and call a Prevent D so deep you have the free safety standing in Canada? They had basically contained the Eagle's offense for the better part of the game and shout out their deep game completely. This is probably the second biggest error of the game, right here and it was completely avoidable. Any sort of mid range zone, or basic cover 2 would have limited a play to less than a quarter of the fucking field. The only real threat from the Eagle offense all day was McNabb running, and there is no way he would pick up 26 yards against a short zone. This was completely unexcusable and the lack of agressive play calling handed the game to the Eagles.

4) Sticking to your guns. Ok, you went for it early on 4th and goal on the road and got stuffed, but now its late in the game and you are in Eagle turf with your defense getting tired and needing a first down to keep the ball and secure the win. If Sherman had not gone for it early in the game and taken the FG, then punting here makes sense since his team is up by 6 and have been playing the percentages all day. The fact is though, they let the Eagles back into the game early on and their D was tired. If you are going to go for it on 4th and short early, you need to stick to that philosophy the whole way through. Instead, Sherman displayed all the testicular fortitude of Scooby Doo and backed down, when it was abundantly clear that his D was not going to keep the Eagles from getting a FG either way. Furthermore, he kept altering the packers Offensive game plan, which makes no fucking sense when what they were doing early had put them up by two TDs. Sherman has long shown a complete lack of will to stick to a gameplan even when it was working and it cost us several games this season, including this one.

In short, Sherman basically fucked the team out of what would have been a trip to the Superbowl. We had this game won, but he made a large number of poor decisions that gave the game away. Favre should have never been put in that position, late in the game, let alone passing at all in OT when teams are traditionally succeptible to the run. The Defense should have never been anything less than totally aggressive, even though McNabb was getting some big runs (which we all knew would happen) but they backed down. It was a huge disappointment to see this game just get handed to the Eagles and I am sure a lot of people are going to put the blame on Favre, but Sherman is the guy who really screwed us. Hopefully Favre comes back without serious mental issues next year, because Green only has a couple good years left at best and its pretty clear we are not going to win on coaching savvy.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I'd fuck Brett Favre.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt