Go Redhawks!

What do you think about the sports world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Go Redhawks!

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

So now that Miami of Ohio finished the season with the nation's longest winning streak, has only 1 loss on the year, there is no doubt in my mind that they should be getting votes for the top 3 in the country. Under-rated all year by piece of shit computer systems and idiot voters because of their conference is bullshit. They should have been playing in a major bowl so they could kick the piss out of one of the way over-rated BCS teams.

That will be all.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

hehe I liked the comment at half time.. "There are 12 officials here who would like a recount for the Heisman!"

Ben Rothlisberger is awesome. Can say what you want about the MAC, but we have some damn competitive teams and some awesome QBs.
Fazzar
No Stars!

Post by Fazzar »

I hope you meant to be sarcastic. While Miami had a great year, and should be proud, take it for what it is. They are in a second tier conference and would be pounded by any top 10 team. They would finish no better than 5th in most major conferences (they didn't even win the MAC)
And as far as the Heismann for the QB...he may very well be the best QB in the country, but I guarantee his numbers would not be near as good if he played in the big 12 like Jason White.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Are you as stupid as you sound?

- They won the MAC, and they won the games with an average of 26 points.
- They are ranked #14 in the AP poll and #15 in the coache's poll.. oh yeah they would be pounded by any top 10 team!
- That second tier conference had several victories over first tier teams.
- Jason White is the most overrated player in the game.

Rothlisberger is the best QB prospect in the league, although he will probably go second after Manning.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

It would be fitting if they went to number 10.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Didn't win the MAC? They didn't lose a game in the MAC. They were 13-1, averaged 43 points a game, were in the top 5 in the nation in offense and scoring, etc. The only game they lost was to Iowa in the first game of the year where they just looked out of sync. Since then, the blew out the next big 10 team they played (Northwestern) 44-14, smoked Marshall ( a preseason top 25), and Bowling Green twice (in the top 25 both times...and a team that lost to Ohio State by 7).

I would loved to have seen them play Ohio State or another of the Big 10 twams in a bowl. I don't think anyone in that conference could have beaten them at this point in the year.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Is that the Same Marshall that beat Kansas State? The Kansas State that made Jaspn White look like crap and killed the Oklahoma Sooners?

I think he is right though, they should not be ranked too high, I mean they did win their conference so they should not have a chance at a title. Only second place teams from the Big 12 like Nebraska and Oklahoma should play for the title.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fazzar
No Stars!

Post by Fazzar »

Hmm...by bad on them not winning the MAC...I know that Bowling Green is going to the Motor City Bowl, and that the MAC champion goes to the Motor City Bowl...so I assumed that Bowling Green was the champion of the MAC.
I still say that over time, the best teams in second tier conferences like the MAC would average at best in the middle of the pack in first tier level conferences. Sure, once in a blue moon, they might sneak to the top of the conference (Northwestern in the Big Ten, for instance), but then quickly come back to reality.
And ya, Miami had 13 wins....but 13 wins against crappy MAC teams and powerhouses like 6-6 Northwestern. The only non-conference win against a team with a winning record was Colorado State (barely winning at 7-5) and the bowl game against the perennial football powerhouse Louisville.
And don't give me they are ranked #13 in the polls...TCU was ranked in the top 10 for a while before they were revealed for the fraud they were.
Congratulations on a great season, Miami....just don't get so full of it that you seriously think you are one of the better teams in the country.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I think you will find that a whole lot of folks who think they are "one of the better teams in the country".

People would love to see a "2nd Tier" team kick the piss out of the usual money making majors. Truth be told, they'd probably do just that. That's why you didn't see any big names want to play them.

And Roethlisberger is that good, probably the best nfl qb prospect in a while. Watch him go high, very high
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Oh come on.

Roethlisberger is great. He'll be a top 10 pick for sure, and probably higher.

Miami had a great season. They should be justifiably proud of their accomplishments. They won a pretty tough conference.

But there is no way that Miami is a BCS caliber team. The talent and athleticism at Oklahoma or USC, or hell, even Kansas State or Miami (FL) is just astronomically better than at Miami (OH).

Put Miami up against a BCS team 10 times, and Miami loses 9 of them.

Let's say that Miami had to play Georgia twice, Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. You think they'd come out of that with one loss?

Maybe a better comparison is Ohio State. The two teams played some shared teams, in Iowa and Bowling Green.

The only challenge that Miami faced beyond those two teams was Bowling Green again. I guess Cincinnati, Louisville, and Colorado State are OK, but certainly nothing special.

Ohio State, on the other hand, played Washington, NC State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue, and Michigan.

Maybe Miami is that special team that actually is that good, and actually would be able to roll through that schedule.

But history shows that most likely, Miami would get walloped a few times. Look at Northern Illinois this year. Or TCU. Or Air Force last year. Or BYU a few years back, getting stomped by Hawaii as the season ended.

It's just a fact: Mid-Major teams really are not very good. Maybe Boise State this year is about as good as teams like Maryland or Pitt or Arkansas, teams on the fringe of the rankings. And maybe Miami is a little bit better. But top 10? BCS worthy? Please.

And...
They are ranked #14 in the AP poll and #15 in the coache's poll.. oh yeah they would be pounded by any top 10 team!
Their ranking means nothing. It would mean something if you could show me a score from a game where they beat a top ten team. Sadly, they only played one team all year that finished the season in the top 25. That would be Iowa, at number 12, and if memory serves, Miami got fucked in the ass.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I would loved to have seen them play Ohio State or another of the Big 10 twams in a bowl. I don't think anyone in that conference could have beaten them at this point in the year.
No way would Miami of Ohio beat Michigan. Michigan would have to have a meltdown of mythic proportions to lose to them.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club