Attn. Michigan Fans: Fuck the wolverines!!!

What do you think about the sports world?
Davel
Gets Around
Gets Around

Attn. Michigan Fans: Fuck the wolverines!!!

Post by Davel »

I think I can safely say that as a USC student and member of the greatest marching band in the history of the universe, I am by far the most pissed off person on this board over this BCS travesty because I lost my fucking all expenses paid trip to New Orleans for New Years. However, I've accepted what happened, and that said, I have a message for the numerous Michigan fans that post here: PREPARE TO FUCKING DIE YOU STUPID BLUE FUCKS!

/shit talking ON
Big Balls Pete is going to have our team more focused than a fucking laser beam for this game. We know we can be national champions if we blow you guys out in the Rose Bowl, and thats exactly what everyone on our team will be playing to do. Not only that, but unlike the Sugar Bowl, this game is in our own backyard. This is OUR god damn bowl game. We've played in it the most, we've won it the most times, and we will not fucking lose to a bunch of bastards that wear blue (did I mention I hate the color blue?) There is no way we will lose this game.

Not only that, but since its practically a home game, we are going to have a ton of fans, and we are all going to be loud as fuck. The Rose Bowl will be a sea of cardinal and gold. Our fans will be even louder than we were at the bRuin game last year. We are going to play Tribute to Troy so loud, your pussy eardrums will burst! You will be so sick of that song you will want to puke! You'll start leaving in the third quarter completely demoralized and humiliated because we'll already be up 69 - 0 by then.

So basically what I'm saying is don't even bother coming out to Southern California this New Year's unless you want to watch your shitty ass band march in the Rose Parade, because you don't have a prayer to win this football game. Oh yeah, and our asshole band director went to Michigan too! Thats just another of the many reasons why your school is totally gay.

FIGHT THE FUCK ON TROJANS and FUCK the wolverines!!!!
/shit talking OFF

Man I feel a lot less angry now. That was good.
WE BUILT THIS CITY!
WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL!
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

:popcorn:
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

we built this city....
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

no way jose, wolverines will dispatch trojans as easily as we crush spartans. go the fuck back to ancient greece, you queers.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

this thread owns!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

No doubt, the true National Championship will be in "the granddaddy of all bowls" the rose bowl will be the best bowl game of the year.

Don't think for a second your team will be more "prepared" than the wolverines. This is our National title game too. Making sure that USC doesn't wn the National Champioship is just as good as winning the championship ourselves.

This is going to be the best match-up of the bowl season.

and won't it burst your bubble when the game is done and over when the blue and gold are singing HAIL TO THE VICTORS through the streets of TROY
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Sorry, being a penn stater affords that I must go Big Ten when it comes to bowl games. That and the fact I hated Carson Palmer, and he forever ruined whatever it was I had for USC.

It will be nice to see how well USC shows up. I'm thinking the wolverines will win, but I can't see how they could win enough to gain the spots to be champ...either team at that.
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

Michigan will fall to USC, just like they fell to Oregon... crappy special teams and getting shut down in the running game will doom them. Pac-10 all the way.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Let's hear it for the Sun Belt Conference!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Bocc
No Stars!

Post by Bocc »

A sea of fans that's loud as fuck? USC doesn't even fill the coloseum for home games. That being said, Chris Perry and Braylon Edwards will run all over your mediocre defense.

Go Big Ten, and go Bucks
Boccaccio Fat
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

The way I see it, this should be an offensive shootout. Which is always fun to watch!

USC:
- Damn good offense.
- An advantage in special teams.
- Defense is too variable. If they show up, they can be good.

Michigan:
- Damn good offense.
- Special teams shaky.
- Defense also varies a bit, but not as much as USC's.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Our special teams aren't that shaky anymore, the special teams coach who was around to cause our two losses has already quit. In fact, I hear he had some sort of a mental breakdown and locked himself in his office, they had to finally remove the hinges off the door to get him out of there. So with our ONLY weakness patched up, we're going to win the Rose Bowl.

Go Blue!
IeailandDokktur
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by IeailandDokktur »

Protection > Not Protection
( Tros ) ( Wolver )

ooh well i dont follow college football that much..
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

IeailandDokktur wrote:Protection > Not Protection
( Tros ) ( Wolver )
Huh?

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sylvus, your defense will have to play their best game just to keep Michigan in it, and your offense cannot make any mistakes. Should be a fucking awesome game!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

when navarre beat OSU, it looked like his career would be considered a success (i still consider him a failure)

however, if he loses this rose bowl to USC, michigan fans will be back off his bandwagon and call him a loser

regardless what happens, i consider his 4-year career a bust, he has one only 1 big game in his 4 years

if he wins versus USC, i will less harsh of him, but he is still a mediocre quarterback and will never be an adequate backup in the NFL

he has the size but he is dumb as dogshit
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
poppa - N00b Conglomerate Emerald
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Davel
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Davel »

Yeah well honestly I'm not gonna try to defend our fans because I think they suck too at most games. Thats not going to be the case this game, though. Even shitty LA fans get up for the big games, and considering we haven't been to the Rose Bowl since 96, this is going to be one of those big games.

Although my official stance is that I fucking hate wolverines and you guys are going to get shit-dicked 69-0, I think this is the best matchup we could have asked for out of the top BCS teams. I'm tired of the shitty ass meaningless Rose Bowls that we've had in the past few years, and I'm glad that we are bringing back the classic Pac-10 vs Big-10 rivalry with the style and prestige that it deserves.

IMO, if I had to say what our biggest weakness is, I'd say that it is our special teams. Maybe its because I'm bitter that all 3 games that we have lost while I've been at SC have been because of fucked up special teams plays, but Ryan Killeen can not kick a clutch field goal to save his life. Other than our shitty place kicker though, I think we're pretty solid. Mike Williams has blocked a couple field goals and we have blocked a few punts with Reggie Bush in there. Also Tom Malone is the most insane punter I've ever seen. It gives me a chuckle every time the ball sails over the head of the returner.

I think our key to victory is the fact that our defense always stops big time running backs. The only running back to gain more than 100 yards on us in the past 2+ years has been Echimandu in that fucking Cal loss. Other than that, we have stopped the best of them. We stopped Cadillac Williams and Stephen Jackson two years in a row, along with many other impressive running backs. Its that ability to completely stop a running back that lets us get away with a shitty secondary that gets burned by every halfway decent wide receiver it faces.

I hope this turns out to be a good game, because I'm tired of blowing out shitty Pac-10 teams by 3 touchdowns every time. FIGHT ON TROJANS!
WE BUILT THIS CITY!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Hey xZiBiT:
Among the players I will not put on my ballot are:

* RB Chris Perry of Michigan, because he was mediocre in the middle of the season when Michigan was struggling and because I think quarterback John Navarre was more important to the Wolverines
Tim Layden, CNNSI
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/w ... index.html
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Davel wrote: I think our key to victory is the fact that our defense always stops big time running backs. The only running back to gain more than 100 yards on us in the past 2+ years has been Echimandu in that fucking Cal loss. Other than that, we have stopped the best of them. We stopped Cadillac Williams and Stephen Jackson two years in a row, along with many other impressive running backs. Its that ability to completely stop a running back that lets us get away with a shitty secondary that gets burned by every halfway decent wide receiver it faces.
Ohio State had like the #1 rush defense in the country at like 50-some yards per game, until they met the Wolverines and Chris Perry lit them up for 150. I'm just saying.

Go Blue!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

204 total yards if you're being real picky...
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I don't recall the exact numbers, but I was only going for rushing yards. I spoke nothing of their pass defense!

Go Blue!
Fazzar
No Stars!

Post by Fazzar »

Shitty ass band, eh? Well, as a former member of the Michigan Marching Band, might I take some offense to that? I'm glad you think USC has the best marching band ever, as a member of that band, you should think that. But might I suggest a little hubris? What band won the first ever Sudler Trophy (given to the best college marching band)? What band has performed at two superbowls? Hint: the band wears your favorite color--blue (and maize).
Your attitude reinforces the belief that you are a bunch of prima donnas who are famous only due to your location in Los Angeles. All those Fleetwood Mac/Hollywood movie appearances are due to location, location, location.
Perhaps you have heard that we have a rather heated rivalry with Ohio State. Not only the football teams, but the bands as well. UM thinks we are better, OSU thinks their band is. But regardless, we respect each other and don't stoop to shitty name calling. I obviously think UM is better, but OSU's band is awesome as well.
And as far as your Tribute to Troy song....yes, we will get sick of it, because that is the only thing you play during the game, regardless if you are winning or not. I went to 3 rose bowls with the band and 2 of them were against USC (late 1980's) Believe me, I couldn't get that song out of my head for days.
As far as the game...USC hasn't played anyone of UM caliber...UM should win....only concern is that this is basically a home game for USC.
GO BLUE
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Hail to the Victors, Fazzar!

Go Blue!
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Davel wrote:IMO, if I had to say what our biggest weakness is, I'd say that it is our special teams. Maybe its because I'm bitter that all 3 games that we have lost while I've been at SC have been because of fucked up special teams plays, but Ryan Killeen can not kick a clutch field goal to save his life. Other than our shitty place kicker though, I think we're pretty solid. Mike Williams has blocked a couple field goals and we have blocked a few punts with Reggie Bush in there. Also Tom Malone is the most insane punter I've ever seen. It gives me a chuckle every time the ball sails over the head of the returner.
How do you think we feel? We lost 2 games this year because of special teams.
Davel wrote: I think our key to victory is the fact that our defense always stops big time running backs. The only running back to gain more than 100 yards on us in the past 2+ years has been Echimandu in that fucking Cal loss. Other than that, we have stopped the best of them. We stopped Cadillac Williams and Stephen Jackson two years in a row, along with many other impressive running backs. Its that ability to completely stop a running back that lets us get away with a shitty secondary that gets burned by every halfway decent wide receiver it faces.
You stopped a two great running backs and let a crappy one run all over you. The fact is that Michigan's offensive line is arguably the best in the country and will pound the Trojan's front 4 and push you off the line of scrimmage. Did you see what they did to OSU (best rushing defense in the nation)? Chris Perry really didn't need to do much to gain 5 yards per carry because his O-line did it for him. Perry may have struggled in the middle of the season but have you seen him lately? He is still the #4 running back in the nation ahead of Cadillac#20 and Stephen Jackson#10.

Perry will run enough to expose your pass defense to Avant, Edwards, and Breaston. UofM for teh win!!!!111!11!!!
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Kelshara wrote:Hey xZiBiT:

* RB Chris Perry of Michigan, because he was mediocre in the middle of the season when Michigan was struggling and because I think quarterback John Navarre was more important to the Wolverines
Tim Layden, CNNSI
I don't think I ever claimed Perry to be Heisman material. He was good but not great.

In fact, I spent most of my time in this thread telling you how much Navarre sucks.
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Hence why I quoted the comment about Navarre :)

I wonder of USC might come in better prepared and with a more hellish attitude though. You are #1 in the country yet don't get to play in the big game, that would make a team pretty pissed off. Also, Michigan has a longer break than USC and that is not always a good thing.

Time will show I guess.. should be a good game. Will the Michigan pass defense stand up to the challenge? Will USC keep creating turnovers? Will Michigan's offensive line be dominant?
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Kelshara wrote:Hence why I quoted the comment about Navarre :)
Navarre is more important to the Michigan team because he always finds ways to throw 3 yard passes in 3 and 10+ situations and he has a knack for losing big games. Thats the only reason Navarre is more important to Michigan.

Perry wins games.
Navarre loses them.
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kelshara wrote:Hey xZiBiT:

Tim Layden, CNNSI
That's bullshit, too. He was mediocre in the middle of the season because the offensive coordinator wasn't giving him the ball. I don't know what happened, but there were like 3 games that they decided we were going to just pass the whole time. Navarre isn't that great, and his receivers were dropping balls left and right, and they were throwing all the time. It nearly drove me crazy.

Go Blue!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Probably because in those games they were trying to come from way behind and win..
Davel
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Davel »

xZiBiT wrote:You stopped a two great running backs and let a crappy one run all over you. The fact is that Michigan's offensive line is arguably the best in the country and will pound the Trojan's front 4 and push you off the line of scrimmage. Did you see what they did to OSU (best rushing defense in the nation)? Chris Perry really didn't need to do much to gain 5 yards per carry because his O-line did it for him. Perry may have struggled in the middle of the season but have you seen him lately? He is still the #4 running back in the nation ahead of Cadillac#20 and Stephen Jackson#10.
I dunno, you are gonna be dealing with The Wild Bunch II so I doubt that your offensive line will be pushing us around that much. I don't know why we let a shitty team like Cal run all over us, but I do know that every time we face a team with a top ranked running back, our team seems to be prepared.
WE BUILT THIS CITY!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Kelshara wrote:Probably because in those games they were trying to come from way behind and win..
No, I understand how football works. Quite well, in fact. Those games we came out guns blazing, trying to pass from the get go.

Go Blue!
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Davel
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Davel »

Yeah and if you think we're gonna play Fight On a lot, you are gonna fucking rip your hair out when you hear how many times we play Tribute to Troy, because we play it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Fight on Stalker!
WE BUILT THIS CITY!