Respec

CoH Discussion
Drem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Respec

Post by Drem »

I saw a couple of posts asking for an ETA on Respec (i.e. allowing you to "de-select" unwanted powers and re-select new ones). I didn't post on those threads because usually my responses get buried quickly and I wanted everyone to know about this.

As many already know from the Strategy guide, the respec option was previously tied to the Terra Volta Trial. That did not make it into release; as it is currently written in the Guide, it was only in the conceptual stage.

The Respec option will still be tied to this Trial - and we're working on it. I can't give you a definite ETA on it, except to say that it will be done in a few months and not in a year or more. The Respec as its written in the Strategy Guide will NOT be the final version. In fact, we're already working on the specifics. But until it's nailed down for sure, I don't want to say anything.

Thanks for making City of Heroes the success it is!
So if you screwed up, start over, you gotta wait 11 months before they add in respec.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Feck, there goes my gravity controller. Much h8 for Dimension Shift, as well as the fact that I'm stupid enough to take the power with the snappier name over one that actually helps make shit dead.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Drustwyn
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Drustwyn »

Masteen, Dimension shift can be very useful in small groups. I use it quite a bit to pull in small groups. The main time it sucks is when you are in a large, quick quick killing group.

When respec comes out, I think I will keep it :)