GO GO TERPS!!!

What do you think about the sports world?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

GO GO TERPS!!!

Post by masteen »

Northern Illinois-20, UM 13?

TEH ACC IS TA BEST!!!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Mid American Conference > all.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

we'll see how the Gators do against the 2004 ACC champions in 8 days!!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I still haven't figured out why the Canes are leaving one patsy division for another.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

$$$$$$$$$

the television contracts run up through 2006. at which time each conference is trying to position itself to be there for the next super money payoff. Also the ACC is going to have a championship game like the SEC.

those games only exist to do one thing. generate $$MONEY$$. and that is what the ACC is trying to do. So they expand to around 12, and Miami needs to join a conference where this is a possibility, etc.

its all about TV revenues.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

11 != 12. If the Big 11 don't get a champ game, then neither should the neuvo ACC.

I'm hoping the NCAA stands strong on that point, and makes y'all whore around for another bling-bling oriented program.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

masteen wrote:11 != 12. If the Big 11 don't get a champ game, then neither should the neuvo ACC.

I'm hoping the NCAA stands strong on that point, and makes y'all whore around for another bling-bling oriented program.

the ACC has more political power in the NCAA than the Big 11. The ACC already has begun negotiating a location for the 2004 ACC championship game. Jaxsonville, Miami, CHarlotte, and Atlanta are in consideration. Atlanta is best suited, but probably will not have it because of the proximity to the SEC championship (would be the weekend before the SEC), and the ACC probably doesnt want to brand their first championship game as something that is the "warm up" for the SEC.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Voronwë wrote:...the ACC probably doesnt want to brand their first championship game as something that is the "warm up" for the SEC.
Because the truth hurts?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

hey for now you cant say even with Miami in it that top to bottom the ACC is better than the SEC.

at the top it is much better than the SEC. Miami alone has more national titles in the last 20 years than the entire SEC combined.

but yeah the lower tier teams in the ACC are nothing like the SEC.

but i'd say FSU, Miami, VT, NCState, Virginia, are a good top 5 teams.

what would the equivalent be for the SEC:

Florida, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU whoever.

Duke and Wake will always suck, like Vandy. But will be routinely fielding 1-2 bowl teams over the next few years that are better than the SEC champs.

so if that is a bad thing, i'll take it :P
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

In the past 25 years, going by the AP/Coaches' polls, the SEC has won 6 national titles, Miami has won 4 undisputed and 1 split title ('91 w/ U Dub). So adding them into the 2 that FSU has won, puts the '04 ACC 1/2 a title up. :razz:

During the last six seasons, the SEC teams have gone to 46 bowl games, more than any other current conference. I don't know how that stacks up against the '04 ACC.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i'm not gonna try to say the ACC will be the best conference or anything like that.

i respect the SEC a lot. right now, the SEC needs to have a team back in the title hunt because i would say the Big 10 is a better conference then they are right now.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

No question that a title contender would boost the conference. The SEC's problem lies mostly in the decline of Florida. We're still beating our confernce bitches (UT and UGA) w/out Spurrier, but we lost a couple games last season we shouldn't have. I'm confident that Zook will get us back on track this season.

My biggest fear isn't losing to Miami; playing flat and losing just because you're the Hurricanes is what I fear. Even in a loss, if we execute well and put up some numbers, it'll help us in Oct. and Nov.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I can't believe someone had the audacity to dis the MAC. The MAC puts out teams that routinely beat the Big 10 and other major conferences, while actually educating a majority of the kids that play sports and do it without recruiting violations.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

MAC rules :) Of course, I am biased heh..

Kinda funny, a Kent State basketball player signed a deal to play in the NFL...