Grief Fix Coming Soon (thank god)

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Grief Fix Coming Soon (thank god)

Post by noel »

For those that didn't believe me when I told you how many grief points I had... (SS from one of my gimp characters)
When you go over 1k grief points (the first time), you get a 30 second weapons lock. The second time, an 18minute weapons lock. A third time, you get a 30 minute weapons lock. :( Grief points currently dissipate at 2 per hour. :( Grief points are shared by all of your characters on a given server. Therefore if you have 300 on one, you have 300 on all of them on that server (up to 4). If they decrease or increase on one of your characters, they will decrease or increase on all of them.

The great oversimplification of the current grief system says: You accrue grief points for shooting your own teammates.

In reality, you get grief points for:
  • Running over the idiot that runs in front of your moving vehicle.
  • Destroying an enemy vehicle when there are members of your empire standing next to it. When the vehicle explodes, if it hurts them, you get grief.
  • Shooting the member of your empire that walked in front of your field of fire while you had your gun zoomed in.
  • Shooting a friendly vehicle that an enemy is attempting to use for cover.
  • Shooting the friendly equipment terminal behind the enemy you're shooting as well.
The grief system is currently totally fucked, but it should be fixed this next week. Biggest problem right now is, there's no way to decrease it once it's up to a high level. Hopefully soon.

Edit: Weapons lock is a bit of an oversimplification. You cannot use ANY weapons or support equipment, you can't fire any vehicle weapons, and any vehicle you pilot/drive can only move at 10% maximum speed for the duration of the lock (you can use afterburners on your jet, but your far better off just staying home). All time durations are online time only.

Edit2: FYI, that's the general portion of your 'character sheet'.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Here is a question since you posted the char screen.
What the heck is the events tab for and how to get get those things "checked-off" in that tab?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Sabek wrote:Here is a question since you posted the char screen.
What the heck is the events tab for and how to get get those things "checked-off" in that tab?
It worked for a little while, but it is bugged. I still get 100 bep for just starting.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Events tab will check off each vehicle/weapon system you use, and each continent you've visited. Like Zam said, it appears to be bugged.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

Oh, don't forget, you also get grief points if you blow up an enemy vehicle that's parked too close to a friendly door or turret. :vv_BANGHEAD2:
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Best was when I was running around, got hit by someone in a vehicle..and _I_ got grief points..guess my skull bouncing off the bumper left a dent.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I got points last night when i crashed my Reaver into a mountain side. Apparently damaging your own empires equipment including the ship or car your in causes you to get grief points. Funny thing is i was shot down and lost control of my ship, and it charged me for the vehicle kill.../shrug
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

at the same time, I ran over three of my own squad memebrs last night and didnt get a single grief point. I even ran over two of them on purpose.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

I think I ran over someone's skeeter last night and got no greif for it. AMS's are quite fast when they get going. ^_^
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Squad is defintely no grief at all, not even a message. And during a fire fight last night where a max got between me and another outfit member I got a +0 message before I moved.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

When Aran and I were capping those guys that were taking out the gens, I was getting +20 per shot. I killed him like 3 times, so I got like 60 greif out of it. Overall, from what I can tell, it's a lot better than before.