Dead Space 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Dead Space 2

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Got it. Love it.

So far it appears that Visceral has upped the quality over the already impressive Dead Space 1. The graphics are definitely a step up, which is saying a lot right there. The story is unfolding right now, so I don't have a synopsis right now other than you play Issac again, this time it appears you're on a larger space station/structure. It looks like the Necromorphs are at it again, and you're just the guy they need to stop them and help others escape. One thing that stood out to me is that they went the entire game of Dead Space 1 and made a point never to show Issac's face or have him speak. They do both from the opening credits in the sequel. Production values are all around AAA. If you liked the first one, I think it go es without saying that you'll love this one as well.

The PS3 version comes with Dead Space: Extraction, an on-rails shooter that is Move compatible. It is a Wii game porter into HD. It's been getting good reviews and is only 15$ on PSN if you just want that game separately (or bought Dead Space 2 on Xbox like me).

All in all this appears to be a great addition to the Dead Space universe, which is surprisingly large and detailed considering how young the franchise is.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Dead Space 2

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bought it last night, it scared the piss out of me a couple times and I decided to go back to Two Worlds 2 for now. Haha, great game though so far! I bought one of the armor packs to get a little boost, as I did in the first game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Haha, I was playing it in bed while my wife was surfing on the iPad and she said it was freaking her out and asked if I could play something else instead!

I was surprised at how immediately invested I was in the setting after a couple year break from the first game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I have zero interest in the multiplayer mode of Dead Space 2. For some reason, I fired it up yesterday just to see how it was handled. Multiplayer in Dead Space 2 is incredible. Incredible.

It's fast, fun, and team based. So far I like playing as the necromorphs more than the humans. They knocked the multiplayer out of the park IMO.