NCAA 2009 Hoops Talk

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

NCAA 2009 Hoops Talk

Post by Winnow »

How far will Arizona State go in the tournament?

Gooooo Deeeeeviiiiilllsss!

ASU plays USC for the Pac 10 Title tonight at 6pm EST on CBS. It's probably regionally televised though.

This is the only thing that bothers me about these tournaments:
Before this game, a loss to Washington wasn't such a bad idea. It probably wouldn't hurt ASU's seeding in the NCAA Tournament, and it would spare the team from having to play a third consecutive game just 16 hours later.
Three games in three nights and all it does is hurt the seedings for the NCAA if they win? Kinda lame. Still, ASU has never won a Pac-10 Basketball title so it's a big deal.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: NCAA 2009 Hoops Talk

Post by Gzette »

I'll be happy if Texas goes past 2nd round. At least they're getting invited, pretty off year for UT :(
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, and who the hell told 9th seed Baylor that they could post wins in the Big12 Tourney?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:How far will Arizona State go in the tournament?
No one cares.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:
Winnow wrote:How far will Arizona State go in the tournament?
No one cares.
I care. That's someone so your statement is false.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

ASU goes out in the second round.

MSU somehow comes back in the second half of every game it plays and makes it to the elite eight, where the typical Spartan Flop occurs this year.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I was really rooting for ASU last night. One of my teams is on the bubble, and you gave up one of those spots to USC. Thanks a lot!
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Taison Earbiter »

Anyone making a VV bracket challenge/pick'em this year?
"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Not yet but I'll play if someone does. Midnyte usually makes these ....oh wait, he no longer posts here...got run off by the libs!
Taison Earbiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Taison Earbiter »

Well, I made a group if people want to play. Never set one up before so someone join and make sure it works before I make a separate thread for it.

Group ID #137436
PW: midnyte
"The secret of being boring is to say everything."
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'm in.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I for one hate March Madness. I look forward to it being over. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I'm happy that Michigan finally made it back to the tourney. Been a long time!

Go Blue!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

ASU's still in it!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Apparently, so Is Dick Vitale!

(from The Onion)
BRISTOL, CT—Emerging from her husband's dressing room slightly out of breath and sporting nothing more than a silk robe and tousled hair, Lorraine Vitale, wife of iconic ESPN college basketball analyst Dick Vitale, told reporters Sunday that her spouse is at his sexual peak during March Madness.
"He's an animal," said Mrs. Vitale, adding that prior to her husband's appearance on ESPN's Selection Sunday special, the couple engaged in sexual intercourse three times in different locations, including once in a Bank of America ATM kiosk. "We fool around at other times during the year, of course, but once the conference tournaments start and the brackets are finalized, well, that's when the role-playing starts, the dirty talk gets louder, and 'the prime-time player' comes out of its velvet-lined case and gets fresh batteries."
"He's especially aggressive this year because Duke has a legitimate chance at making the Final Four," she added.
Lorraine, who has been married to Vitale for more than 35 years, said her husband uses certain erotic techniques only during March Madness, including the dipsy-doo dunkaroo; the super scintillating sensational slam-jam bam bam; the backdoor, baby; and the trifecta, which Lorraine would not describe in detail, but said involves the use of Mr. Vitale's index, thumb, and forefinger.
According to Mrs. Vitale, their lovemaking becomes longer and more intense as the NCAA tournament progresses—sometimes lasting well into the morning hours if her spouse has had a particularly heated exchange with fellow college basketball analyst Jay Bilas. She said that once the Sweet 16 is set, Mr. Vitale enjoys achieving orgasm by playing erotic games such as the "Cameron Crazy" and the "Diaper Dandy."
"That's what the baby bottle and diaper are for," she said.
But what her husband enjoys playing most, Mrs. Vitale noted, is "Duke vs. UNC," a game in which he dresses up as a Blue Devil, she wears a University of North Carolina cheerleader outfit, and, at the sound of an air horn, the two "go at it hard like two in-state rivals."
Mrs. Vitale would not confirm rumors that ESPN analyst Digger Phelps sometimes participates while dressed as Wake Forest's "Demon Deacon" mascot.
"When the Final Four comes around, Dick is so sexually charged that he's pretty much into everything," said the mother of two, who admitted that it was disturbing at first to watch her husband stand stark naked in their kitchen, a ball gag muffling his screams of "It's awesome, baby," but that the practice had grown on her. "And I'll admit that it's a little weird when he shouts out 'Krzyzewski' at the moment of climax, but believe me, it's worth it. I have so many orgasms that it doesn't matter."
"Quite frankly the month of March has given our marriage the kind of excitement other couples only dream of," she continued. "Every woman deserves to experience, just once, the type of arousal I feel when my husband and I join together in the slap-a-lapp-anapper."
The Vitales' odd and oftentimes graphic lascivious behavior began in March 1983, when the two spontaneously made love on Testudo, an oversized bronze statue of a diamondback terrapin turtle that sits outside the University of Maryland library. It was at that point that Lorraine Vitale said she knew something carnal had taken over her husband.
"It was after a pretty close game with a tournament spot on the line. We were walking through campus, and Dick whispered to me, 'The students rub [the turtle] for luck, so let's get really lucky tonight,'" she said. "I'll never forget it. The torn-off underwear, the cool bronze against my knees, and Dick's hot body on my back thrusting, thrusting, thrusting…. Excuse me, I need a drink of water."
"Hey, Lorraine, come on," Dick Vitale could be heard saying from inside his dressing room. "I want to try this cream that Bob [Knight] and Karen [Knight] use."
Before reentering the dressing room, Mrs. Vitale confirmed what everyone had already assumed to be true: that immediately after the NCAA championship game Dick Vitale ejaculates one last time, rolls over, and sleeps through the entire month of April.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Vitale rocks and ASU's still in it!

ASU has to beat Syracuse and Michigan has to beat Oklahoma to set up a great Pac 10/Big 10 (11) matchup! It's a longshot!
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Michigan especially. I dunno why, but for some reason I think ASU will go further than most think. just a gut feeling. I'm no NCAA expert, except maybe Big 12 basketball. Blake Griffin will beat Michigan on his own, in my opinion. He's a damn beast.

Anyone see Griffin get body slammed last night? It was seriously Busch league. I wonder if the coach ordered it. I hope not. Regardless, as an avid Texas fan, I laughed my ass off.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

does chalk talk indirectly benefit the rock chalk Jayhawks? I smell conspiracy.

Really thought UT was gonna pull it out against Duke. Refs fucked us though. Duke gets those calls, and Kryzewski teaches his players to look for those opportunities. Two questionable fouls on TX with less than one minute remaining in regulation. A no call would have resulted in Texas ball.

Not that I blame the refs entirely. Leaving Dexter Pittman out for the last 2-3 minutes of the game, when he is our most dominant force was downright stupid. I can't imagine what Rick Barnes is thinking. He's a great recruiter, but I sometimes question his coaching style. He'll regularly pull starters after they make one mistake. Like that's gonna help their confidence. Hell, Pittman scored 6 points in the first 2 minutes of the game, and then Barnes benched him. I know he needs to preserve the big fella's energy, but why stop something when it's working very well.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

more games tonight and i have to work very late :(

im looking most forward to the Syracuse/OU game. i think that will be an awesome game. bracket says root for OU, heart says "fuck OU and Blake Griffin's retard-lookin ass"

he's quite good for a retard
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Not to inflate my post count (ok maybe a little), but here's the youtube of the above-mentioned body slam of the neo-neanderthal Blake Griffin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUaobnPsLs
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there