Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Flobots

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I heard the song Handlebars and felt obligated to go buy the album for my love of rock/rap style. I can't stop listening to this album. Its very political, but very intelligent.
When a pair of intelligent, visionary emcees joins forces with a battle-hardened, groove-fusing rhythm section, a classically trained violist, and a jazz trumpet player, the result is a sound that explores and expands the frontiers of live hip-hop. Progressive in both style and message, the band's ability to drop from symphonic rock-infused crescendos into stripped-down string-laden breakbeats has earned Flobots a reputation for both originality and authenticity.

After originally forming as a side project in 2005, Flobots brought together Emcees Jonny 5 and Brer Rabbit with violist Mackenzie Roberts, guitarist Andy Guerrero, bassist Jesse Walker, trumpet player Joe Ferrone, and drummer Kenny Ortiz. By the end of the year, it was clear that the band's refreshingly positive message and nontraditional instrumentation gave it both a universal appeal and a marketable buzz factor. Whether sharing the stage with jam bands, indie rock acts, or hip-hop groups, Flobots connected with audiences and quickly reached a tipping point to became one of Denver's most influential bands.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)