Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Kidz in the Hall

Post by Funkmasterr »

Have any of you hip hop fans out there listened to any of their music? I saw one of their videos on MTV the other day and ended up picking up there album "School was my Hustle" on amazon.com, and it's a great album. I would would say they are somewhere in between Common (they are from Chicago as well), and more gangsta rap, but leaning more towards the laid back type of music common makes.

They don't act hard and don't claim to be from the hood, they are well off suburban kids with college degrees and they state that flat out in their music, but honestly this cd is one of the best I have heard in a while. I actually purchased the cd for two reasons; 1- since they are a small less known group i'm sure they could really use the money, and 2- I wasn't able to find any of their music on any of the sites I generally look for torrents on.

Anyhow, if you like Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, etc- I would suggest checking these guys out, I don't think you will be disappointed.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Kidz in the Hall

Post by miir »

It was a great show.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I really like Dave Foley.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I found this cd on demonoid the other day, but I had already bought it.. It's a great cd! I was going to link the demonoid file to you guys but it appears demonoid.com has been down for the past 24+ hours...
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Wish I'd have taken advantage of Demonoid and downloaded their album earlier!

As of September 25th Demonoid's been shut down by the CRIA (Canadian Recording Industry Association).
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Goddamn motherfucking Canadians :vv_pissed:

Now I'm gonna have to find another site, and all the others I've checked have sucked. Guess it's time to learn how to use the fucking newsgroups, this really irritates me.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Funkmasterr wrote:Goddamn motherfucking Canadians :vv_pissed:

Now I'm gonna have to find another site, and all the others I've checked have sucked. Guess it's time to learn how to use the fucking newsgroups, this really irritates me.
easy. giganews.com + newsleecher.com ... worth every penny.
newsleecher with supersearch = $30 / YEAR.
giganews unlimited = $25/month, smaller packages available.

with giganews servers (i use 4 connections), you'll get your absolute max download speed..
I downloaded 12 gigs of music the other day in less than 5 hours (~750K/s)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:
easy. giganews.com + newsleecher.com ... worth every penny.
newsleecher with supersearch = $30 / YEAR.
giganews unlimited = $25/month, smaller packages available.

with giganews servers (i use 4 connections), you'll get your absolute max download speed..
I downloaded 12 gigs of music the other day in less than 5 hours (~750K/s)
I use 10 connections just to be sure I'm maximized (the rare hung connection/reset connection and to allow for possible slightly slower transfer using SSL although I haven't noticed that at all if there is) but I could cut that to 4-6 and still get full 12.5Mbps from giganews servers. They rock. I'm always max speed when I download from them.

I still get PMs on how to get started with Giganews and Newsleecher.

My flash tutorial (linked in first post) is a little outdated now but still allows you to see how it all works:

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 25&t=18565

Newsleecher is constantly updated with improved versions that distance it even more from any possible second tier binary newsreading app that you'd consider using.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Winnow wrote:I use 10 connections
totally unnecessary. 8)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fash wrote:
Winnow wrote:I use 10 connections
totally unnecessary. 8)
I'm not changing! 10 connections! If for some reason, I'm downloading 1000's of very small parts (small 100>KB images for example), I can overload Newsleacher sometimes, getting a message stating that it has to catch up, pausing my download. (most likely the hard drive can't write the data fast enough). That's really rare though.

I still get all excited (nerdlike) when my Mbps races up to ~29-30Mbps for ~15 seconds with the new speed boost feature Cox has that will give you a short burst of max speed if it's available. It's awesome for web pages, etc. They all load at 30Mbps. Anything that is under 50MB, I get at 30Mbps before it adjusts to the normal 12.5Mbps.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

demonoid.com is back!!!!
demonoid.com wrote:Downtime

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and we need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kidz in the Hall - School was my Hustle

There is the link to the torrent on demonoid for any of you non-canadians that wanted to hear this!
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

In other news, Kidz in the Hall's new album "The In Crowd" is out in the usual locations. I daresay it sounds a bit like Lupe Fiasco, but I like them more than Lupe Fiasco. Check it out.

And, in Kids in the Hall news. I'm seeing those fine Canadian gentlemen at their tour on May 31. I think we also get the opportunity to meet and greet, I'm pretty excited about that!

I wish that their names were more different!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:In other news, Kidz in the Hall's new album "The In Crowd" is out in the usual locations. I daresay it sounds a bit like Lupe Fiasco, but I like them more than Lupe Fiasco. Check it out.

And, in Kids in the Hall news. I'm seeing those fine Canadian gentlemen at their tour on May 31. I think we also get the opportunity to meet and greet, I'm pretty excited about that!

Yeah I grabbed this off of demonoid the other night and have it in my changer in my car right now.. Haven't listened to more than a few songs but I like it quite a bit so far!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Sylvus wrote:...And, in Kids in the Hall news. I'm seeing those fine Canadian gentlemen at their tour on May 31. I think we also get the opportunity to meet and greet, I'm pretty excited about that!

Lucky. They're going to be in Atlanta in a week and a half, but I can't swing getting over there for that. Make a post after you go and let us know how it is, please!
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey