A few pics...(img heavy)

Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

A few pics...(img heavy)

Post by Lynnsie »

I know I had said something about posting some pics of the priest Claymore quest item. Not sure if everyone has seen them and seen the stats..so here's a few pics. Took a couple of shots just to show what it looks like being wielded and when the shield actually changes designs. I didn't have a gay torch equipped in my charm slot so sorry if the pictures seem semi dark. :D

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

87 icons on your screen at one time including 40 hotkeys!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I use a pretty high resolution when playing, so it's not as bad as it seems. Thats the one thing I love about EQ2's default UI. It's pretty customizable without having to change any fancy stuff (that I'm totally clueless on) and with as much as they change the UI files, it just makes it less hectic for me. My chat boxes as you can see don't show up much, and they are only full opacity when you mouse over them on someone says something via tell, raid, guild, group, or in a public channel. It may seem insane, but there isn't a single hotkey on any 4 of those hotbars that I don't use during raids. Anyway, what'd ya think about the shield? I think it's time Sony put something in game that didn't always have the same graphic, I really like how the Claymore changes designs.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Heh, I have 5 hotkey bars.
The default UI for EQ2 is great.
I've tried out some custom UIs and UI modules but keep going back to the default.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

miir wrote:Heh, I have 5 hotkey bars.
The default UI for EQ2 is great.
I've tried out some custom UIs and UI modules but keep going back to the default.
:lol: I could probably stand to have a 5th hotbar but then I would feel like my screen was too cluttered. I have also tried many different custom UI's but like Miir I always go back to default. I am not good with all the internal stuff that goes on with customizing and fixing UI's (read- Im a total computer newb) This way someone else does it for me and all of my options, macros, hotkeys are always saved and in the exact same place that way I don't have to go back and fix it myself. Some people call it lazy, but I call it an idiot proof way of a pretty mess free and worry free screen.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You need more FT lolnewb!!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I know it's pretty sad. I have a few FT pieces that I throw on for really hard fights, but I am usually grouped with a dirge/troub or enchanter type so I never have a problem with power regeneration. With the Laboratory of Lord Vyemm screwing me on relic leather pieces (only 2 have dropped in the last 3 months, and one of those were relic leather legs from Tarinax) some of my gear slots lack. Mostly though I do pretty well. I still have Robe of the Invoker and picked up that FT7 robe from Emnity, Bloodwind Bracelet (ft4 or 6 can't remember) couple that with manastone, vessel and hearts and shards, plus dirge/troub/illusionist/coercer and I really have to waste heals to go out of power on a raid.

How much FT you got goin on Miir..troll :wink:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

When I finish my prismatic quest, I'll have umm.. FT12!

*cough*
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

So leet! You're on Perma right? If you need help with any of that stuff send me a tell on Saryia or Calirian. I play on Nagafen too if you're ever there. Mirishka, Im on Qeynos side.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yeah, I have a gimpy little halfrink illusionist named Kizzie on Perma.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Original UI is ok, but I've pieced together parts of Vert combined with a custom hotkey bar and the eq2maps. Think I've got 5 hotkey bars open at any given point (conjurers have an assload of spells...hell, I've got 7 or 8 "mastery" spells). It also helps that I play 1600x1200...so not like I have space issues!

I'm still having difficulty deciding whether to focus more on my INT or FT. Unbuffed I usually sit about 320ish INT and FT 18...I can't really count on having a bard in group so mana regen is pretty important to me. Also was considering investing about 3 plat to up my FT to 26. Kind of a hard sell for me though.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

and the eq2maps
That's a must-have.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Here's some pictures of Deathtoll I took while slacking on a raid. I said I'd post them just to show that it isn't the regular copy/paste job Sony did on half the KoS raid zones... Enjoy

Sumdaor
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: hatchie

Post by Sumdaor »

I played EQ2 for all of 3 minutes, but why are your SS so fucking dark. I don't know if this is suppose to be impressive, but I can't see shit. I am sure its a great game but is it meant to be that way or is your gamma just turned way way way down?
Sumdaor-Level 60 Warrior-retired
Twinkletoez-Level 68 Bard-Retired
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

The first set of screenshots I took to show the Claymore reward for priests are dark because I noobed up the screenies and didn't have a torch equipped to light everything up.

As for the second set, it's the zone, Deathtoll is dark and when I turned gamma up to take the original screenies everything looked completely fucked. So I set it back to what it was originally and took a second set. It's not supposed to be impressive, Im not slinging an e-peen here..my point for posting them was because previously I had bitched about cookie cutter raid zones in KoS, so I posted the one zone that Sony did that wasn't a copy/paste job of everything else.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Where do most old veeshanites play anyway? I am seriously pondering picking up eq2 sometime within the next few months.
Fortune favors the brave!
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Where are the nekkid pics!!!
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Tegellan wrote:Where do most old veeshanites play anyway? I am seriously pondering picking up eq2 sometime within the next few months.
There's a bunch of us on Permafrost. I think there are more scattered about on other servers. I was on Nagafen, but I really didn't like the PvP system, so I went to Perma to join some other ex-CD'ers!

I'm not Neroon, though. Some other bastard already stole the name!
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

I'm playing on Perma as well. Just started up again a couple of weeks ago and only at level 19. Look for Adelrune, human wizard based out of Freeport.
Adelrune Argenti
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:I'm playing on Perma as well. Just started up again a couple of weeks ago and only at level 19. Look for Adelrune, human wizard based out of Freeport.
I might give EQ2 a try again. I'm fairly sick of WoW atm, been playing it almost 2 years now including beta. Any game I level 4+ characters up to max level in = game I need to move on from, at least for a while.

I just dunno if EQ2 will hold me. I reactivated my account once and it didn't.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Adelrune Argenti wrote:I'm playing on Perma as well. Just started up again a couple of weeks ago and only at level 19. Look for Adelrune, human wizard based out of Freeport.
I might give EQ2 a try again. I'm fairly sick of WoW atm, been playing it almost 2 years now including beta. Any game I level 4+ characters up to max level in = game I need to move on from, at least for a while.

I just dunno if EQ2 will hold me. I reactivated my account once and it didn't.
Same here. I have reactivated my account twice now, the last time it lasted about 5 hours and I cancelled it.

I think maybe once I build a new computer I may give it a shot, but I think that will depend heavily on whether I can find someone I know to level with, it's just too boring otherwise.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Oh snap, I saw Adelrune running around freeport last night! Knew the name looked familiar.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Well, if I do reactivate it, my SK is around level 30. Even got the last name Thule all specially made for my fine self!
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Tegellan wrote:Where do most old veeshanites play anyway? I am seriously pondering picking up eq2 sometime within the next few months.
Bunch of Veeshanites on Guk too.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Gemily wrote:
I hear Guk sucks cock by choice.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Truant wrote:
Gemily wrote:
I've heard the same thing!
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Truant wrote:
Gemily wrote:
Then take a second to stop slobbering on each others nobs, all the grunting is obviously affecting your hearing.

Guk has the only currently active and leveling "old Veeshan" guild left alive and kicking in EQ2, aside from the "lvl 70 grinding it out" guilds whom are completely diluted with non-veeshanites for members.

Celestial Tomb on Guk has 32 members, 28 of which are from Veeshan.

It sucks, I tell ya.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Xanupox wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
Truant wrote:
Gemily wrote:
It sucks, I tell ya.
Thanks for being honest!