Summoner nerfs inc...

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Summoner nerfs inc...

Post by miir »

Summoner Balance

Currently, Conjurers and Necromancers are a very powerful class that can deliver the most consistent damage in the shortest amount of time and can solo more powerful encounters than most other classes. One of the problems is that their single target damage can exceed that of Wizards in solo, group, and raid situations, even when hostile area effect damage is considered that can kill swarm and dumbfire pets.

The next test update decreases the effectiveness of certain pet abilities and buffs that were overpowered. These changes don't necessarily mean that Wizards are always supposed to outdamage Summoners. Summoners can have favorable situations in long fights without large area effects that can tip the scales in their favor above Wizards. It shouldn't be the case anymore that Summoners outdamage Wizards the majority of the time after these changes, and Summoners will still retain relatively powerful soloability even after these changes.
Bout time.
When over 50% of the players (twinks) below 50 are necro/conj, it's pretty obvious that they might be a tad overpowered. :)
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

meh. I play a conj and I solo a lot. This may suck (for me anyways). :?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I was just about to fire up EQ2 and resub and make a necro. Guess I won't bother now!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

So you won't play a game unless you can play an overpowered class?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

kyoukan wrote:I was just about to fire up EQ2 and resub and make a necro. Guess I won't bother now!
The biggest change after the nerfs will be that you can't afk all day on a aggro mob spawn and come back with a truckload of XP.

Conj/Nec pets, especially at lower levels are far too over powered. The tank pet holds aggro just as well as any fighter, takes damage like a plate tank and deals decent DPS.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Yeah so you can tell why I'm not going to bother now!
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

miir wrote:The biggest change after the nerfs will be that you can't afk all day on a aggro mob spawn and come back with a truckload of XP.

Conj/Nec pets, especially at lower levels are far too over powered. The tank pet holds aggro just as well as any fighter, takes damage like a plate tank and deals decent DPS.
While the tank pet may hold agro well (and it can take agro from a plate tank if the tank isn't actively taunting), the Tellurian pets take significantly more damage than a plate tank and the DPS in defensive mode sucks ass.

After the patch this week, I've noticed that KoS mobs hit significantly harder across the board and I can tell you there's no way in hell I could AFK and reap exp all day.

Whiners always demand "balance" in the classes; I can't say that I've ever seen a game that achieves this effectively. The changes are what they are but I expect future "adjustments" when someone else cries.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!