700Mb-4Gb
44%

Total votes: 18

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Data storage

Post by Aabidano »

The HD thread got me curious as too how much "important" data people store at home. My financial files and the like that I want\need to keep total around 5Mb. Movies, etc... add another 200Gb or so, most of which I'll probably never watch again.

Most of the various stuff I've lost over the years that was an issue at the time means basically nothing to me now. As a comparison think of the quantity of magazines, books cassetes, VHS tapes, DVDs, etc.. you've got at home. When they were new I'd have been pissed if they were lost or failed. Now? Doesn't matter too much, I'd be happy to be rid of a lot of it.

Having Commander Keen back would be nice, my original paid for versions went away at some point :(

For many people the periodic disk crashes are a hidden blessing, they'd never clean up otherwise.

*Edit - Bleh, the 4Gb+ option didn't populate
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

I'd be in the 4+ gb section, but that's because I store all of my music on my file server and serve it up to my audiotron, because I'm far too lazy to change CD's on an ongoing basis.

I still have a lot more CD's to rip. Thankfully borrowing someone elses CDs in Canada and ripping them is perfectly legal, so I also have all my friends CDs to rip still too!
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So they don't believe in Copyrights in Canada?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

soon to be 4gb+

only data i really consider important that i can't store on a floppy at this point (no i dont use them, but i'm talking about file sizes) are pictures of my daughter.
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

I'm well over 4gb now. I'm seriously considering purchasing a terastation like winnow's. I've got a 2 x 120g drives in my desktop machine at home and I'm always having to clear space....