EQ2 Korea gets different graphics?

masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

EQ2 Korea gets different graphics?

Post by masteen »

http://www.gamemeca.com/news/main_view. ... arch_text=

Is this true? Because, if so, those Korean models look pretty fucking sweet...
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That's just a eq2 client emulator.

Cool style to some of the models but the textures and the models themselves range from pitiful to pretty good.

Look at the head displacement and disgusting armor textures on this one:

This one is probably the best, but the anime style doesn't mesh well with EQ2s fantasy setting.

I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

While I agree on the textures, the faces on the Korean models look 1000 times better than the actual EQ2 ones.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Well, they are basically ripped right from Lineage 2....

Eventhough Lineage 2 has great graphics, they couldn't disguise the fact that the game itself was just terrible.

The screenshots of the 'real' EQ2 models look like they are lower resolution and the colour balance and gamma are right messed up... especially the 2 human models.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The resolution and color are not the primary source of my gripes about the faces, they just look like downies.

Lineage 2 was by far the best looking MMOG I've yet seen with by far THE WORST gameplay.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Lineage 2 was by far the best looking MMOG I've yet seen with by far THE WORST gameplay.
I dunno, the gameplay in SWG is pretty fucking ass.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

At least in SWG you could chat with someone about Wookie history or wether red or green lightsabres were superior while you were dancing your way to Jedihood (-dom?) :razz:

L2 almost required a bot to level in any sort of reasonable time frame post 20.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

As a quick followup, these models were created by SOGA, A Sony joint-venture development studio in Taiwan.

Come Live Update #16(EQ2's First Birthday celebration), these models will be available for noth american and european EQ2 players.

They're gonna be completely optional of course and turned on very similarly to the new models in EQ1.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/c ... modelmovie
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Save for the Ogres (jesus christ get the asian version of an ogre away from me) the new models are better IMO. But then, I was never a fan at all of the PC models for EQ2 with the exception of Iksar, Kerran and Ratonga (3 non human-like races.. and incidently 3 races that aren't getting changed with the SOGA update). If it's still the same as when I was playing a few months back, they planned to keep Trolls the same, which is... unfortunate.