EQ Tech Problem, T_T

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
eOmniz
Gets Around
Gets Around

EQ Tech Problem, T_T

Post by eOmniz »

I'm hoping I'll find someone who has had this same problem and may be able to shed some light.

I recently reformatted my computer. Before reformatting I could run two EQwindows with minimal graphics settings easily, getting around 30 fps according to EQPN. After reformatting I now cannot. When I open a second window, the second window sticks at 5FPS and doesnt go up. Here is what I have tried to fix it with.

-Newest video card drivers
-Newest DX
-Different Windowing programs (WinEQ, EQw, and even normal EQ all have same problem)
-Running with/without EQPN
-Running from two different EQ directories or not
-Resolution and bit depth are set correctly

One thing that is different since I reformatted as well is any time I open up an EQ instance I have my one window called EQW 2.47 (or whatever depending on program) where the EQ pops up, then I have a tiny empty window called "Everquest" that also pops up, nothing's in it and when I close it nothing happens, but that never happened before I reformatted so maybe it's linked.

I do not think it is a performance problem as the first window I open always works 100% fine and the second window always messes up.

Anyone that provides a working solution can hit me up for some PP or whatever in game!

Thanks.
Current Incarnations:
Flintler, EQ2, Crushbone, HOOAC
Grahmiam, WoW, Firetree, The Crazy 88
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Re: EQ Tech Problem, T_T

Post by Trias »

eOmniz wrote:One thing that is different since I reformatted as well is any time I open up an EQ instance I have my one window called EQW 2.47 (or whatever depending on program) where the EQ pops up, then I have a tiny empty window called "Everquest" that also pops up, nothing's in it and when I close it nothing happens, but that never happened before I reformatted so maybe it's linked.

same thing for me, i just close that little window
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

I'm assuming it has something to do with you changing the name of the window. That's the only thing that he really changed from the last version, and I'm sure that now that it works, that's why.
Proctus Armonius
Durew
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Durew »

You could try your dilemma on the http://www.eqwindows.com messageboards, chances are someone else has your exact problem and knows how to fix it. Personally I cant help ya, havent experienced that one
Avryce
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Avryce »

I suggest trying Wineq. Sorry no link available I'm sure you can find it through google. My performance was horrible with eqw since the last change that broke it but it works great in Wineq even boxing.

It could very well be something I have set causing poor Eqwindows performance but I've tried everything including deleting most of the everquest files associated with video settings, UI, even color settings for channels etc. Nothing changed other than eqw getting broken after a patch.