The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I don't see any PS4 exclusives in that list! Resogun is some freebie game on PN. I'm talking about AAA "boxed" retail games not some little arcade game.
I don't see why that matters. Also not sure why it has to be 'locked'.

Trine 2 representing in the "locked" category!
I admit it's a shame the Xbox One doesn't have the same GPU as the PS4. While the console was in development, it would seem obvious to forecast that 1080P/60 FPS would be a solid standard for the life expectancy of this console generation. At the same time, even the PS4 struggles with that standard in a perfect world, both consoles would have waited for a GPU/CPU combo just slightly more powerful that the ones they ended up with. 1080P/60FPS should have been a no brainer for all games this gen.
Honestly most people would be fine with 30fps if the games can at least hit 1080p. That's what's most embarrassing about the XBO. Other than sports and racing rames, which are known to not be as taxing as a lot of other genres, XBO currently (I'm sure it will improve in the future) has very few games that manage to hit 1080p at any framerate. And that's just sad. Reaching 720p and still only managing 30fps? Even sadder. Yeah looking at you cash-grab Dead Rising 3. At 720p just about every game should be hitting 60fps on next-gen hardware.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Well, to make a point, Dead Rising 3 was the most enjoyable game out of all of the PS4/Xbox One exclusives so I guess 1080P/60FPS isn't a factor when it comes to fun. It could be Capcom being lazy but there are shitloads of zombies on the screen. Hard to say since it was a launch title and gotta be happy for any exclusive (look at PS4 with almost no exclusives at launch).

The power factor may come into play more at the end of this console cycle when everything is being maxed and developers are very familiar with the SDKs, like GTA V last gen, for example. Comparing launch titles to 2013 titles on the Xbox 360/PS3 shows the big jump in quality that can be had over the course of a console cycle.

Where did you get that list? Drive Club isn't even out yet. Is it confirmed 1080P 60fps? They've had issues with that game to date. Maybe they're lowering the textures to meet the 60 FPS.

I'm having my lawyers look into it, but I may be prepared to make a statement within the week regarding whether the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One, and have it officially documented on VV without avoiding the question!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Train keeps a rollin...
PS4 sales have surpassed 5.3 million units according to Sony

PlayStation 4 has only been on the market for approximately three months and it has gotten off to a really great start. Sony has just released updated sales figures stating that they have sold through more than 5.3 million units around the world as of February 8, 2014. The PS4 has been riding a wave of momentum long before it even hit store shelves with the positive word of mouth Sony was able to spread with their marketing strategy and it is paying off with stellar sales immediately out of the gate.
Their original target was 5 million by the end of March. With the console still to launch in Japan very shortly I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 7 million by the end of March.

The PS4 sure is selling well for a console that apparently doesn't have any exclusives.
Winnow wrote:Drive Club isn't even out yet. Is it confirmed 1080P 60fps? They've had issues with that game to date. Maybe they're lowering the textures to meet the 60 FPS.
You mean sort of like what Forza 5 did? Yeah.. We know about that! I think I'd rather have nice detailed textures and 30fps than reduced detail and 60fps. Still undecided really. I'd need a comparisons of the same game running at each to actually say one way or the other.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I think I'd rather have nice detailed textures and 30fps than reduced detail and 60fps
hmmm
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why the hmmmm? Obviously everyone would prefer to have both. I was simply stating if I had to choose one I'd (probably) rather have the better looking game at a slower frame rate. So for example Forza 5 is a good looking game but by all accounts is quite different than what they showed at E3 based on what I've read (but not verified myself}. Did they sacrifice visual quality simply to be able to lock framerate at 60fps? If so I'm not sure I personally agree with that decision. But also like I said I'd have to test the same game on the same platform to really form an actual preference. It depends a lot on the genre really.

It totally doesn't address the disparity between the same game on different platforms.

--
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Aslanna wrote:Why the hmmmm? Obviously everyone would prefer to have both. I was simply stating if I had to choose one I'd (probably) rather have the better looking game at a slower frame rate. So for example Forza 5 is a good looking game but by all accounts is quite different than what they showed at E3 based on what I've read (but not verified myself}. Did they sacrifice visual quality simply to be able to lock framerate at 60fps? If so I'm not sure I personally agree with that decision. But also like I said I'd have to test the same game on the same platform to really form an actual preference. It depends a lot on the genre really.

It totally doesn't address the disparity between the same game on different platforms.
I have both and so far, I prefer the PS4. Obviously that will depend on the game, but at launch so far the PS4 is nicer to use. I hate that XBOX wants to control my cable and TV.

I will say that it still seems the xbox updates are more streamlined and quicker, but overall I find myself drawn back to the PS4.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote: I have both and so far, I prefer the PS4. Obviously that will depend on the game, but at launch so far the PS4 is nicer to use. I hate that XBOX wants to control my cable and TV.

I will say that it still seems the xbox updates are more streamlined and quicker, but overall I find myself drawn back to the PS4.

Wouldn't the simple solution be to not connect your cable to your Xbox if you don't want it to control it?

I own both XB1 and PS4 and prefer the XB1 when given the choice. I like the controller better, especially the triggers and joystick layout and while I'm not big on achievements, it feels better earning them on the XBL than trophies on the PS4. Xbox still handles online better than Sony. I like the screenshot capability of the PS4 but the Xbox video record and posting is better than the PS4. Hate that the PS4 controller has to be plugged in to charge. Much prefer swapping out some 8 cent rechargeable eneloops once a month on the Xbox One and be wire free. I like the UI better on the Xbox One.

Sp far both Xbox One and PS4 have been solid game machines with a few more entertaining exclusives available on the Xbox One at launch. Round Two finally arrives in March with some more exclusives for each platform.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Winnow wrote:
Tyek wrote: I have both and so far, I prefer the PS4. Obviously that will depend on the game, but at launch so far the PS4 is nicer to use. I hate that XBOX wants to control my cable and TV.

Wouldn't the simple solution be to not connect your cable to your Xbox if you don't want it to control it?

I own both XB1 and PS4 and prefer the XB1 when given the choice. I like the controller better, especially the triggers and joystick layout and while I'm not big on achievements, it feels better earning them on the XBL than trophies on the PS4. Xbox still handles online better than Sony. I like the screenshot capability of the PS4 but the Xbox video record and posting is better than the PS4. Hate that the PS4 controller has to be plugged in to charge. Much prefer swapping out some 8 cent rechargeable eneloops once a month on the Xbox One and be wire free. I like the UI better on the Xbox One.

Sp far both Xbox One and PS4 have been solid game machines with a few more entertaining exclusives available on the Xbox One at launch. Round Two finally arrives in March with some more exclusives for each platform.
I have an older TV with 2 HDMI inputs, I tried to run a switch, did not work with the Xbox one or the cable, so only solution was to run cable through xbox. the PS4 worked fine through the switch. The Xbox would not do sound and picture was bad.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Xbox still handles online better than Sony.
Based on what.. anecdotal evidence? Or do you mean charging to watch Netflix or play free to play games? "cue the PSN hack years ago defense*. Other than that I've never had an issue with online/PSN. I had Live Gold for a couple years it didn't seem all that superior. Other than the UI experience of having ads shoved down your throat.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote: Based on what.. anecdotal evidence? Or do you mean charging to watch Netflix or play free to play games? "cue the PSN hack years ago defense*. Other than that I've never had an issue with online/PSN. I had Live Gold for a couple years it didn't seem all that superior. Other than the UI experience of having ads shoved down your throat.
When other day, I opened up the Playstation Store on my PS3 to be greeted by a full screen Bell ad(one of the TV/mobility/phone companies here in Canada). What I usually get is an ad for some sort of Sony media property, by it a movie, artist or other, with content I want (The PS+ freebie) usually within a few controller interactions. Sony shoves ads down the throat of it's paying customers just as much as Microsoft does.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Sony shoves ads down the throat of it's paying customers just as much as Microsoft does.
"Just as much"? You can't even be close to serious.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I knew I had taken a picture of it.

This is much more egregious that what has ever been on the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One as far as advertising goes IMO.
http://1drv.ms/1bLuHCq
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You're in the Playstation Store, guy. There's always been ads there. And to top it off it's pushing Sony products. When you find ads for Axe bodyspray all over the UI itself let me know.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

If ever an actual ad takes over more than the 120*80 pixel in the lower right corner of the dashboard on the 360 or the tiny box under the "Use a Code" box of the Games store on the Xbox One (both clearly labeled "ADVERTISEMENT" btw), I'll be sure to come post about it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh no there are ads in the store!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow Sony must be really desperate to be blowing up full page ads for other non gaming products. Lets see a Surface ad on the Xbox One! At least you can watch Netflix for free but PS4 is for gamerz so I'm sure you're playing for online play anyway.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

BTW - Elysium - also a Sony Picture! That's some serious Inception-style advertising they have going on here.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:BTW - Elysium - also a Sony Picture! That's some serious Inception-style advertising they have going on here.
Sony will take advantage of anything. Remember when Paul Walker died? They had Fast and Furious 6 on the front page right after.

Sony doesn't want your money like Microsoft. They care about gamers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You guys are hilarious. Comparing a (basically) Sony ad in the Sony store to the ads that were plastered all over the 360 Dashboard is ludicrous and signs of pure delusion. (I only comment on the 360 dashboard since that's the last time I had Gold). They aren't comparable at all.
Winnow wrote:Sony will take advantage of anything. Remember when Paul Walker died? They had Fast and Furious 6 on the front page right after.
Or maybe it was because the movie just came out on video? No that couldn't be it. Go on being a doorknob.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Anyone happen to see any deals on PS+ gametime cards?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I haven't seen any lately. The last ones I saw were the $30 ones during the holidays. I picked up 3. Maybe 4. Not even sure anymore.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've got two of them I haven't used yet. I'll trade one for an Xbox Live card!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have a Live Gold that I haven't scratched the silver stuff off of yet to reveal the code. I don't know if those expire or not. I think I also have a $20 points card. Also don't know if those expire.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I have a Live Gold that I haven't scratched the silver stuff off of yet to reveal the code. I don't know if those expire or not. I think I also have a $20 points card. Also don't know if those expire.
If the Xbox Live year card isn't useful to you anymore I'll trade a PN+ year card for it. I'm guessing the XBL is a code you type in like the PN+ cards?

If you decide to do it, I'll PM you one of my card codes and if it works you can PM your XBL code. How old is the card? Mine are from the Black Friday deals last year.

That would even out my two console subs to 11/2016

No worries either way.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Leonaerd wrote:
I think I'd rather have nice detailed textures and 30fps than reduced detail and 60fps
hmmm
Aslanna wrote:Why the hmmmm?
Because it depends on the game. I'd rather have a high frame rate for a multiplayer shooter, but could suffer through lower fps in a game like Borderlands (and most games) in the name of graphics.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leonaerd wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:
hmmm
Aslanna wrote:Why the hmmmm?
Because it depends on the game. I'd rather have a high frame rate for a multiplayer shooter, but could suffer through lower fps in a game like Borderlands (and most games) in the name of graphics.
I don't disagree. I did clarify in my post that " It depends a lot on the genre really" which is basically what you're saying.

Winnow wrote:If the Xbox Live year card isn't useful to you anymore I'll trade a PN+ year card for it. I'm guessing the XBL is a code you type in like the PN+ cards?
It's fairly old. 2.. Maybe 3 years old. I've read conflicting reports on if they expire or not. Some people say one year other people say they don't expire if there's no date on the card. Let me look when I get home and if I find it you can try out the code. I have no use for it since PSN > XBL.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:If the Xbox Live year card isn't useful to you anymore I'll trade a PN+ year card for it. I'm guessing the XBL is a code you type in like the PN+ cards?
It's fairly old. 2.. Maybe 3 years old. I've read conflicting reports on if they expire or not. Some people say one year other people say they don't expire if there's no date on the card. Let me look when I get home and if I find it you can try out the code. I have no use for it since PSN > XBL.

Sounds good, PM me the code whenever you get the chance. I won't be able to try it out until later this evening. Mine are only a few months old.

edit: I did just a quick google inquiry and everywhere I looked said prepaid cards don't expire for XBL so hopefully will be fine.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still looking. I know it's somewhere just not sure where. I did find a 4000 MS Points card ($50!) still in its clamshell thingie.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

GamingBolt got a chance to have a chat with Aaron Foster, Designer/Artist for Lunar Software, the developers behind Routine.

In our discussion, GamingBolt was able to ask whether there are any plans to bring the game on the PS4 and Xbox One, especially on the former, given that Sony has a solid self publishing system in place.

Foster believes that the “PS4 [version] is a small possibility after the PC release.”

So, why is the possibility ‘small’ for bringing it over the PS4? “We have been working on Routine for quite a while now and may just need time to rest once we release. We do love the guys over at Sony, they have been great with us and we would love to release on PS4 if we have the energy to pull that off to a good standard.” Sounds reasonable.

But wait, what about the Xbox One? Microsoft has this ID@Xbox program for indie developers. We asked Foster if they have any plans for the Xbox One versions, and if not, why. Foster believes that Sony have been doing great things for the industry and if there is ever a console version, it will be the PS4 version.

“We are PC games and developers at heart, so for us to even think about doing a console release is strange enough in itself. If we did finally decide on doing a console version we would like to support Sony for all the great things they are doing to support our industry,” he said to us.
Sony winning hearts and minds!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Domestic sales of the two-day launch of the PlayStation 4, 322,083 units

According to Famitsu examined, that the domestic sales of PlayStation 4 was released on February 22, 2014 has become the 322,083 units in two days sale is (Period clearly: 22 - February 2014 the 23rd).
Translated.. But you get the general idea.

That probably cancels out whatever bump Titanfall will give the XBO!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

According to Famitsu.com via NeoGaf:
1998.11.27 [Sega Dreamcast] (¥29.800) - 101.490 (3 days)
2000.03.04 [Sony PlayStation 2] (¥39.800) - 630.552 (2 days)
2001.09.14 [Nintendo GameCube] (¥25.000) - 133.719 (3 days)
2002.02.22 [Microsoft XBox] (¥34.800) - 123.929 (3 days)
2005.12.10 [Microsoft XBox 360] (¥29.000 / ¥39.795) - 62.135 (2 days)
2006.11.11 [Sony PlayStation 3] (¥49.980 / ¥59.980) - 88.443 (2 days)
2006.12.02 [Nintendo Wii] (¥25.000) - 371.936 (2 days)
2012.12.08 [Nintendo Wii U] (¥26.250 / ¥31.500) - 308.570 (2 days)
It's a good opening. Posting Wii-level numbers in Japan and trending slightly ahead of the Wii U. Nowhere near as monstrous at the PS2 was but good.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Following Winnow's lead everything PS4 related has to also have an XBO slam so... Without further ado:
inFAMOUS: Second Son $570 PS4 Bundle Instantly Tops GameStop’s Best Sellers; Titanfall Bundle 23rd

Apparently the hype for inFAMOUS: Second Son combined with the chance to get a PS4 (that is still quite hard to find in stores) in time to play Sucker Punch’s upcoming exclusive are making the newly announced GameStop bundle quite popular between the customers of the leading retailer.

The package, that includes the console, the game, an additional DualShock 4 controller and one year of PlayStation Plus membership for the not exactly cheap price of $569.96, basically instantly jumped to the top of the retailer’s best sellers charts, overtaking a few different values of Xbox gift cards.

To offer a term of comparison, Titanfall‘s Xbox One bundle that was made available yesterday is ranked 23d. The two bundles will also be released in a similar timeframe, and will probably be the major contenders, together with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, for March’s sales. It’ll definitely be interesting to see the clash between those three titles in a rather crowded month.
A bundle that basically gives you the game for free is #23 while one where you buy the console AND the game (and a controller and also a year of PS+) is at #1. How interesting! Sony is definitely making a lot more profit on that sale than MS is with theirs. If I had to guess I'd say MS is taking a loss on that bundle. Actually that's not even a guess it's pretty much fact.

Honestly I think it's just because a large majority of people who bought a $500 console just to play one game have already made the purchase. Personally I'm not that hyped for I:SS myself. The first two were OK but I didn't think they were anything special. Sucker Punch better nail this one or it will be major egg on their face and also on Sonys even though they really have nothing to do with it.

Microsoft doesn't have a year lead over the competition, which still managed to sell more than the 360, this generation like they had last time. They better step it up.

Having said that I think the combined sales of Titanfall will exceed I:SS simply because it's on 3 platforms. Well, 2 initially but still.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lets just hope the Infamous sequel allows a PS4 title to crack the top 5 best rated exclusive titles as Titanfall will be #1 with four more Xbox One titles on the list before you see a PS4 exclusive title so far pending the Infamous reviews.*

I played the original Infamous about 30 minutes I think. Second Son looks like it will be pleasing to the eye. The cut scenes look like they'll be pretty good. I'm not yet sold on the story and that needs to be good for me to be interested in that kind of game. Titanfall's story doesn't matter because it's an outright blast to play.

I know it keeps being mentioned that Xbox One games are available on Windows...well that makes sense doesn't it? Microsoft kind of has a vested interest in both platforms. Games for Windows is part of the plan. Want the best graphics? Go windows based PC. Want the best controller and all around console/media center? Go Xbox One. They have their bases covered.

On another topic. I know the graphics for the Metal Gear Solid game are good but watching the "directors cut" 9 minute trailer for the game was more torture than pleasure. I never got the MGS thing and on top of that, it's yet another stealth game which I hate. For those that like stealth games, it should be a buy.

Looking at the release list for PS4/Xbox One games...they're pretty slim for another 4 months after March. Better enjoy Titanfall and Second Son for awhile. Not much happening until after E3. Destiny is 195 days away.

Edit: Killzone is slightly rated above Ryse so PS4 is holding down it's top exclusive spot with a 73. Titanfall should be the first 90+ console exclusive.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Lets just hope the Infamous sequel allows a PS4 title to crack the top 5 best rated exclusive titles as Titanfall will be #1 with four more Xbox One titles on the list before you see a PS4 exclusive title so far pending the Infamous reviews.
Which is relevant in exactly zero ways. You keep pushing the "exclusives" mantra but so far that means to not matter for squat. Who cares if the top rated titles are exclusive or multiplatform? What does that prove exactly? You can easily have a great game on inferior hardware (XBO) as you can have a lame game on superior hardware (PS4). Having a better system doesn't always equate to a better game. The game developers need to pull their weight!

People seem to be buying PS4s even though according to you Xbox DONE is the home of omg superior awesome RETINA-burning EXCLUSIVES! Poor MS needs to build some hype. Hopefully for them they can pick up a few sales from Titanfall. Lord knows it cost them enough to buy their way to exclusivity.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nintendo sold a bazillion Wiis. Look where they are now. It's not just total console sales that matter. I thought after the brainwashing "for gamerz" campaign Sony put on last year that would be clear.

Games sold per console (which Xbox dominated last gen and is leading this gen early on) matters as well.

Sony needs to start raking in more money when Playstation NOW hits. If that goes over well and they can suck another monthly fee out of their user base, then I'll be more willing to acknowledge the PS4 as taking a commanding lead in the "console war".
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Nintendo sold a bazillion Wiis. Look where they are now. It's not just total console sales that matter.
Terrible analogy considering they are no longer selling the Wii but instead a whole new console.

And it's funny how you keep bashing the PS4 marketing yet apparently failing to grasp the fact that it's working. Sony isn't panicking and being forced to give away their most anticipated exclusive game as well as introduce price cuts in certain regions less than 4 months after releasing their console.
Winnow wrote:Games sold per console (which Xbox dominated last gen and is leading this gen early on) matters as well.
Leading where.. North America? I'd be surprised if global software sales is higher on the XBO. Hell I'd be surprised if they are leading in NA as well.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 game per console attach rate: 2.1
Xbox One per console game attach rate: 2.6

At least it's closer than last gen. Xbox Still leading in that category along with better exclusive games. PS4 may be for "gamerz" but more gaming is done on the Xbox One (keep believing that marketing hype though!)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:PS4 may be for "gamerz" but more gaming is done on the Xbox One (keep believing that marketing hype though!)
I already own a PS4 so it doesn't matter what I believe. However those consumers keeping the PS4 perpetually sold out, while XBOs languish on the shelves, seem to believe it. I'm not sure how that stops you from enjoying your underpowered media-centric console though. The good news for MS though is that with the Wii U doing so poorly at least they can finish second with this new console generation. That's an improvement!

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think I'm going to grab a PS4 with my tax refund money. I was thinking about the titanfall xbo, but its not even a special console, and doesn't even come with the titanfall controller. Its a 40gb download I think, no hard copy. Just a special box...Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a special edition? Now, if the US got the pricedrop that the UK got ~$50, then I would be getting an xbo since they are actually in stock. Everywhere.

Also, game attachment only matters for the most consoles sold. So what's total games sold count? that would matter more, since its licensing that sony/microsoft cash in. So if its 5.4 million times 2.1, and 3.6 million times 2.4...clearly Sony is reaping the benefit, even at a lower initial attachment rate. We aren't considering PS+ vs Gold subs, or online purchases in that...but I don't think anyone will get the real answer on those items.

Also, is either company really "losing"? They will both make money at this rate...so who gives a shit?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Kluden wrote:Also, is either company really "losing"? They will both make money at this rate...so who gives a shit?
:vv_yeahthat: =D>
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:Also, is either company really "losing"? They will both make money at this rate...so who gives a shit?
Someone has to balance out Winnow so... My burden continues. I got tired of the "the product I choose is the best so what everyone else uses sucks" posts over and over so I'm now the Bizarro Winnow. I do need to start throwing something about controllers in since it's just fact that the PS4 controller > XBO controller.

Carry on!

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Damnit! Just when I thought controller talk was over, you brought it back up! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

edit: Bizarro superman spoke like a retard though...so you may have to start using shitty grammar in your responses.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony Santa Monica's unannounced IP canceled, says laid off dev

An unannounced new property at God of War studio Sony Santa Monica is canceled, according to ex-employee Jonathan Hawkins. The former lead level designer, who lost his job in yesterday's round of layoffs, took to Twitter to reveal the IP had been in development "since God of War 3," and indicated it was connected to that game's director, Stig Asmussen.

It's speculated the project in question was a AAA sci-fi game, and that certainly matches with what Battlestar Galactica writer Michael Angeli said at last year's E3. Angeli revealed he was working with Sony Santa Monica on a new and unannounced project, telling Polygon he'd been writing for the game across the prior two and a half years, and that the studio's full team transitioned to work on it after God of War: Ascension.

Sony has yet to confirm any details on the project, and for his part, Hawkins said he couldn't say too much about the situation. However, he did share his frustration over what had happened in a heartfelt series of tweets:

"Yesterday, I was laid off. It was a good 10-year run and I got to make three 90+ games. I lived the dream and got to accomplish all of my goals. Except one... making something out of nothing and creating a new AAA IP. Secondly, the pain that I feel for my friends who have lost their jobs. The saddest and most important part is the game I was creating for the player that will never be played. I'm sorry that I've failed you."
One less exclusive for the PS4. Shame Sony doesn't have the kind of cash Microsoft does to keep development studios going.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS+ for March!
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4)

Run-and-gun through the zombie apocalypse as hit arcade shooter Dead Nation shuffles onto PlayStation 4. Fight for your life alone or with a friend as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake as you step onto the streets of a city overrunwith undead flesh-eaters. And, if you’re feeling really brave, take a walk down the Road of Devastation – a deadly experiment that pushes your survival skills to the absolute limit as you face hordes of zombies with no extra lives and no second chances. The dead may walk – but you can make sure they don’t walk very far.

Tomb Raider (PS3)

This newest rendition of Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to the hardened survivor that she would become known as. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

Thomas Was Alone (PS3)

Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace.

Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3)

In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter.

Unit 13 (PS Vita)

Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation®Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and 9 high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place in the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita systems’s dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast 2-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PS Vita)

In the world of Monster Hunter you’re never alone.
-The biggest Monster Hunter title to date with over 500 hours of gameplay.
-Huge variety of character customizations including 1400 weapons and over 2000 armor sets.
-Players can form a team of up to 4 players through Ad-Hoc play and experience the social gaming phenomenon.
-AI Felyne companion, who will accompany players on quests and provide aid through the challenging battles. With the ‘Felyne Exchange’ feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
-Fans of the series can transfer their data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2.
I doubt I'll play much TR since I finished it on the PC but it's good for a few trophies I guess. Dead Nation I platinumed on the PS3 so not sure I'll do that again. Finishing it on hard difficulty was rather annoying.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

All the things there that may have interested me(Tomb Raider) I've played before. =/

Can anyone explain to me what the hell the appeal of Monster Hunter is? I tried it once and it was essentially beating on a moving wall for about half an hour that every now and again insta-killed me for fun.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the hell the appeal of Monster Hunter is? I tried it once and it was essentially beating on a moving wall for about half an hour that every now and again insta-killed me for fun.
I can't explain it as I've ever played any of them. It seems big in Japan though!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I always wanted to try out Monster Hunter so will check that out on the Vita.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:I always wanted to try out Monster Hunter so will check that out on the Vita.
I've heard it's not a very good version. It's the PSP version and doesn't hold a candle to the newest versions for WiiU and the 3DS. Apparently those added a good amount of quality of life improvements and the are just significantly better.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Apocalypse Edition will feature the original game's full campaign mode, which can be played single-player and with online or local co-op, as well as The Road to Devastation expansion, which adds the Arcade and Endless game modes. Housemarque has also made a number of "enhancements" specifically for this PS4 version. The game will play in 1080p HD and include new textures and effects, as well as a quick weapon select option for combat. The title is also compatible with the PlayStation companion app.

New to Dead Nation for PS4 is Challenge mode, which allows players to send their scores to friends. Players will play alongside their friends' avatars in these challenge levels, racing against them to beat their score. Players can also select and tackle challenges posted to the Dead Nation leaderboards.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition also features Broadcast+ mode: here, while players stream their game, viewers can influence the difficulty by voting through the PS4 or via web browser for positive or negative in-game effects. There are 30 different effects viewers can influence, from spawning more ammo packs to disabling players' sprint ability. Voters will also appear as named zombies in the streamer's game.
Nothing major but a bit of tweaking and new things are always nice.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One has a feature in beta that allows you to resume your game from where you left off after powering up your console. Does PS4 have this capability? Think of it like a virtual OS that freezes and resumes without having to load the game.