Blizzard hacked

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Blizzard hacked

Post by miir »

Looks like even the authenticator app database was compromised.
I guess it was bound to happen, Blizzard has gotta be one of the biggest targets for these guys.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Blizzard hacked

Post by Winnow »

All that extra money they got for those authenticators! I'd be pissed! Nerd rage!

edit:
While Blizzard president Mike Morhaime explains that no financial data (like credit card details, real names, and billing addresses) were compromised as a result of the security breach, he does admit that emails, answers to security questions, and encrypted Battle.net passwords of North American players (and others outside of China) were accessed.

"Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts," wrote Morhaime, but the company is still investigating the breach and recommends that all players change their passwords "as a precaution."
So far not as bad a Sony's screw ups.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Blizzard hacked

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Already changed my passwords just to be safe, but it is a big fuck up. I am also surprised it took this long for Blizzard to get hacked. All in all, I'm not worried. At least they let customers know in a reasonable amount of time so we could make changes and safeguard our accounts. I sure have changed a lot of passwords lately. I wonder which one I'll forget first?

Also, you do not pay for authenticators on mobile devices.