3 red rings

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: 3 red rings

Post by Funkmasterr »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:I would question if they even check to see if it is really RROD at the repair shop anymore, you could try just sending it in.
I wouldn't be surprised either.. The issue mine had took like 20-40 minutes of it being on and being played to happen, and I got a new 360 sent to me. I guarantee you that they didn't have my 360 on with a game in for 20-40 minutes so they probably just assume it's broke if you spent the time to send it in. lol.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Funkmasterr wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:I would question if they even check to see if it is really RROD at the repair shop anymore, you could try just sending it in.
I wouldn't be surprised either.. The issue mine had took like 20-40 minutes of it being on and being played to happen, and I got a new 360 sent to me. I guarantee you that they didn't have my 360 on with a game in for 20-40 minutes so they probably just assume it's broke if you spent the time to send it in. lol.
Nice, calling them today.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

You don't even have to call, you can do it online and never talk to anyone.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I got the rrod on my black elite last night. I printed out my shipping labels and took it to the UPS store to get it boxed and shipped. I was second in line and the girl at the counter fast-tracked me because I had an xbox in my arms. I asked if it was really that common and tbe other employee laughed and said I was the third person today. They get at least one every day. They both said mine was the first "black one" that either of them had shipped.

Still feeli g a bit pissed, I half vented while I was getting my hair cut. The woman behind me said she has replaced 3 of them. The guy next to me said he has replaced 2 of them. Fucking crazy!

I'm glad I have my red elite to tide me over. Lots of games coming up that I want to play.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

RROD is a social phenomenon! Look at all the conversations it generates. I bet there are lots of love stories that begin with a chance meeting between RRODers.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

oh yeah baby... red rings of looooooove... *bom chicka wow wowowwwwww*
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Wow today sucked. I coach my daughters soccer team. We were undefeated and doing great. During the game some girl punched my daughter in the head 5 times while the ball was on the other side of the field. My other coach yells out, if they do it again then push them back.

I continue coaching and here something behind me, turn around and the girls dad had come around and was about to jump me when they noticed and stopped him. He starts screaming at me about how I told my daughter to hit her. ummm, ok, no not me. He gets sent off the field I walk down the field and he is off the side threatening me and telling me he will be in the parking lot. The other coach looks a bit like me but come on. We end up losing on a bad bounce with less then a minute left. The other coach is embarrassed and is a officer and tells the parent on the sideline if he touches me he will be arrested. I was wondering why he didn't run at me after the game. I was not afraid in the least, but I am not going to jail over a kids game either.

I help coach my sons team and the ref in the game is deaf. After about 10 horrific calls, missed subs and everything we end up losing. The best part is he let the other teams player make 2 vital calls for him because he missed them. He actually asked their players what they saw and gave them a penalty kick.

I come home, settle in to play some game and relax, and RROD 10 days before surgery. I thought this day would never end...
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Does the RROD still happen on the new models, or was it isolated to older ones?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I had it on my elite.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I had it on my elite.
I think what he means has it happened on a Jasper model. Is your Elite a Jasper?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

No, the elite that had RRoD was not a Jasper. Jaspers really haven't had enough time in the market to assume that they'll be any better though. My RE5 Elite is a Jasper. I just assume it will fail too!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:No, the elite that had RRoD was not a Jasper. Jaspers really haven't had enough time in the market to assume that they'll be any better though. My RE5 Elite is a Jasper. I just assume it will fail too!
You don't need much time in the market to "assume" that they wont be better. Hence why it's an assumption.

Besides Jaspers have been out nearly a year now. I think they started showing up in November 2008. How much more time do you need!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I was wrong. I just checked my black xbox and it has a Jasper. So, yeah.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sigh. Finally happened after almost 2 years, red ring of death :( Waiting for my email confirming my repair request. It's out of warranty, but I see it mentions that it may still be free if it's RRoD so that's good.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, rrod is 3 years
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Spang wrote:When you're pounding a chick in the ass, reach around and grab onto her titties and yell, "I HAVE AIDS!", then try and stay on as long as you can.

LOL!

Im gonna try this tonight hahahahahahaha
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord