Mafia 3. Endgame.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

The detective was quite happy with the previous days selections... With 2 mafia teams remaining through the night, it became likely that yesterdays mafia partners could have voted to protect their partners. Continuing with the voting analysis from the day before, three people stood out as potential targets.

Police were dispatched to the local strip club, and the local pub to round up the two suspects chosen for today.

The Trials of Lynnsie and Teenybloke

"Lynnsie... Teenybloke... You have been charged with last nights murders of Kindo and Rivera. What do you have to say for yourselves?"

Please post your defenses. Voting will open at 4pm PST or when a defense has been posted. Voting will close at 9pm PST.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

I'm assuming Teeny was at the Strip club...performing! =D
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

I figured that the detectives would bring me on trial today, and that's fine, not sure how much good it will do to post a defense giving the fact that everyone just posts guilty anyways, but I'll give it a shot.

Yesterday while we were placing votes on Canoe and Waikiki, I defended Canoe pretty seriously. I know that this raised the eyebrows of detectives when he was found to be mafia. But there is a difference between me and the masses that have been voting. Last game, I was pretty new to the whole voting thing, as Mafia 2 was my first game. I didn't really understand some of the alibi's being posted and some just didn't make sense to me period. This time around, I really tried to vote correctly. I guess Canoe's defense was just good enough for me that I thought he wouldn't be guilty. And on others, like Waikiki, I went ahead and placed my vote, because he hadn't put up a defense yet. Normally I don't do this, but I had plans to be out the biggest part of the afternoon and early evening last night and I didn't want to not vote.

I know that many of you will go ahead and throw the guilty stick at me, that's fine, I pretty much figured if the mafia didn't kill me last night that the other citizens would today. I would post my RL whereabouts from last night, but what good does that really do, concidering the people I was with last night, don't come here to post.

Anyways, happy voting, I am sure I am not the only one that has said it. But it will be the last vote anyone has for me, unless things change and people just stop voting guilty on everyone because "they MIGHT be mafia"..this will be my last game.

Enjoy :roll:
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Guilty for both!
Linaminu
No Stars!

Post by Linaminu »

Lynnsie's could be a genuine post of innocence (which is actualy quite possible, heh) because she is taking the attitude of, ah well, like other before me it is my time, i have no control over it or...
it could be a cover up in which the other citizens feel sorry for her and vote not guilty, thus by leaving another mafia there and kill off anybody who is close to her scent. Either way it is close to the end of the game and pointing out her lack of experience in a game like this could sway it...
if she is the mafia, im gonna be dead tomorrow... if she isnt, im gonna save her:
NOT GUILTY
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Guilty for both!
Voting will open at 4pm PST
A little hasty there Midnyte?
miir and I are best friends. <3
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

NM
Last edited by Lohrno on March 5, 2005, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Lohrno sucks!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't care. There is only one detective left. The only chance we have of surviving is voting people off when they go up for trial and hoping the detective has guessed well.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Rules were meant to be broken, but not in this case. You obviously have no intentions of making this game interesting to the slightest extent.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Rellix is pissed with good reason, but still I can see where Midnyte's coming from at this point in the game. It's only going to last like 2 or 3 more days...
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well given how few people are left it is fairly apparant I will be voted guilty simply to save the face of the embarassingly poor detective work in this round.

I haven't had much time to post on the boards the last few days because I have been busy stock piling nuclear weapons as a deterrent against the obvious mafia threat of Midnyte.

Given the inability to see this blatant ruse to keep me alive to avoid suspicion until the last possible second (note his hysterical guilty verdict before I even posted a defence) I have little faith the citizens, or the detective will do right this time after the completely unnecessary deaths of those before me.

Having said that, it's been a fun game yet again, so cheers Fash and Akaran for putting it together for us.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

A big part of me says I shouldn't say anything because I am on trial and I don't want to try and sway votes whatever, but I will say this. Midnyte your outlook on this shit is just like a lot of other peoples, so I guess no one can really point at you and say that you alone are wrong. But the collective majority that think the way that u said in your above post are the people that makes this game pretty shitty for those of us that like to play or have something half way interesting to look at while we are at work or ditching class. Rellix had a really good point, and I agree with him, it really sucks for those of us that like to play when everyone votes guilty just because.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You just hate me and want me dead. And most people know this already. But, nice try.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Well I am fairly sure that I can vote for the other person on trial that isnt myself...so my vote for Teeny is Not Guilty
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Unless there has been a change in the rules, you can.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Lynnsie

Code: Select all

Guilty             Not Guilty
------------       --------------
Midnyte            Linaminu
Tinkin             
Thess
Spang

Teenybloke

Code: Select all

Guilty             Not Guilty
------------       --------------
Midnyte            Lynnsie
Tinkin             Spang
Thess

Voting is open and will remain open until 9pm PST.
Last edited by Fash on March 6, 2005, 1:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

AVENGE ME! I voted correctly every time but once! And now they come to kill me!!
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

The detective was pretty on last time me thinks. I'll have to go guilty 2X on this one :(
Thinking of something new!
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

You were wrong twice wanker.

That is, you killed two innocents.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

edit: whoops
Last edited by Sionistic on March 6, 2005, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Teenybloke wrote:Well given how few people are left it is fairly apparant I will be voted guilty simply to save the face of the embarassingly poor detective work in this round.
Detective work gets hard when 2/3rds of the detective force gets wiped out almost right away :)
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Lynnsie - Guilty
Teeny - Guilty
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Teenybloke - not guilty

Lynnsie - guilty

*edit*
Last edited by Spang on March 6, 2005, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Teenybloke wrote:Well given how few people are left it is fairly apparant I will be voted guilty simply to save the face of the embarassingly poor detective work in this round.
WTF is there to detect, nimrod.

This is the 3rd game in two weeks- nobody is making any stupid mistakes in what they say and everyone is being cagey in how they vote. It's not like we have a fucking CSI team come in and dust for prints. At this point it's just throwing darts at a fucking board and hoping you get it right. That's why everyone is mostly voting guilty, too.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

As a memory from last game, let me say:
Detective work gets hard when 2/3rds of the detective force gets wiped out almost right away
...is so damn true it ain't funny.
/twitch
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense...Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense.

But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case?...Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case...It does not make sense. Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No. Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

rofl...spang u scare me :lol:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

seriously though, Lynnsie is the only living person that voted not guilty for mafia Canoe.

Teeny, Tinkin and Spang are the only living people that voted not guilty for mafia waikiki.

that's pretty much all the evidence the detective has to work with.

an educated guess here - Tinkin and Lynnsie are the living mafia members.

that being said - Teenybloke is not guilty, i'll edit my previous post.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Spang wrote:Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense...Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense.

But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case?...Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case...It does not make sense. Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No. Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit.
What I want to know is this: why did the Ewoks consider C3PO to be a God when they had an 10 foot version of themselves right there in Chewy. It just makes no sense.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Spang wrote:seriously though, Lynnsie is the only living person that voted not guilty for mafia Canoe.

Teeny, Tinkin and Spang are the only living people that voted not guilty for mafia waikiki.

that's pretty much all the evidence the detective has to work with.

an educated guess here - Tinkin and Lynnsie are the living mafia members.

that being said - Teenybloke is not guilty, i'll edit my previous post.
Mafia members don't know who the other mafia members are.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

mafia know who their partner is, that is all he was saying.

well.. iraq had higher voter turnout... but we're gonna have us some executions anyways!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

So whos getting slaughered and how!?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Once you pop you can't stop.
"Do you see what we have for you two here?" the balif asked the two guilty parties.

They nodded their heads slowly as they looked at the assembled materials. A few sticks of a plastic like substance, an odd, pin sized device, and a pack of condoms. "See it, don't understand it," Lynnsie sighed.

"Just as well," a cloaked figure from the corner of the courtroom called out. "I don't want to spoil anything for either of you, so we're going to use a test dummy to show you what I'm up to." As the prisoners watched, the quite dead bodies of Rellix and Drinsic were brought into the courtroom, asses up on two seperate gurneys. As the two convicts watched through dead eyes, the detective walked over between the bodies and placed a small device under the sheets that hid their not-so-pretty backsides. The detective did somthing under the thin cotton, but what it was exactly, they couldn't tell.

"The clay infront of you is C4. The condom is the delivery system... and the little button is the detonator." Teeny paled.

"Oh, no. You can't mean..."

The detective nodded and pushed a button. As one, Rellix and Drisnic's asses erupted in a fashion not seen since a man named Akaran set his sights on the Hooter's 911 style wings.

With a grin, Detective Thess looked at the last two mafia members as more police ran around and bent both of them over. "Open wide, you two. You're going to have some indigestion."

Game Over.
Congrats to THESS for outliving the mafia and nailing 4 in two days. Well played and good picks. VV's will be awarded in the morning when I'm awake enough to do the math.

Well played everyone!
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

8) I would like to thank my fellow detectives while they were short lived, they provided me with a ton of insight on the game I was new at and honestly couldn't have done it without them
Last edited by Thess on March 6, 2005, 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

You put me up for trial then voted me not guilty?!
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Nilaman wrote:You put me up for trial then voted me not guilty?!
Well you had a good defense that I hadn't heard before I put you up for trial ;)
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Thanks to the left over citizens as well!
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Excellent work detective. :D :lol: :twisted: :oops:
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Thess wrote:
Nilaman wrote:You put me up for trial then voted me not guilty?!
Well you had a good defense that I hadn't heard before I put you up for trial ;)
Don't feel so bad, Nilaman- she wanted to put me on trial to "divert suspicion". I ~think~ she'd have voted me Not Guilty though. :lol:
Makora

Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Nice work Thess...I tried to look innocent, I outlived myself from last time
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Lynnsie wrote:Nice work Thess...I tried to look innocent, I outlived myself from last time
You did a good job actually, and I was unsure of you - even when I put you up for trial... but once Kindo was dead - you were someone who I had to try.

You honestly did a great job of being lowkey, and from reading over the last game of mafia - I wasn't sure if you could pull it off, but you did, and did a great job at that.
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

Lynnsie I didn't even vote that time because I didn't want to vote guilty and not have you play again :)

Good Job
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i was half-right and i lived, yay!

thank you Thess and mafia!
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

haha thanks guys...Last mafia game I was completely clueless. Tenuvil pm'd me and wouldn't shut up till I joined in so I figured I would give it a try. I sent Lohrno so many questions in pm's last game i thought for sure I would get lynched just for that. But I knew my breaking point was on Canoe, I couldn't just let my partner fry without sayin something, too bad I got home too late that night to change my vote! :lol: I still would have been brought to trial anyways. I had actually thought about killing you before Thess, but then im all thinkin, "Nah couldn't be Thess, it's her first time playing, can't be the detective." God was I wrong, I'm keepin my eye on u from now on, sneaky ass. But was a good game
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

so, i was sitting down watching some tv the other day and i was eating this delicious coffee cake and thought to myself, if you take on oriental person and spin him around a bunch of times does he become disoriented? then i washed it down with some milk. whole milk. with ice in it.
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

You're not Sparty. Don't try to be.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

i wasn't aware i was trying to be sparty. my apologies if you misinterpreted. i was simply jealous that i got owned at mafia 2 and 3 and was attempting to derail or hijack the thread. now stick em up! gimme all your vv's!
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Woot!

Good job Thess!!!

Voting guilty was S M ART!
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Woot!

Good job Thess!!!

Voting guilty was S M ART!
Actually - I did think you could possibly be mafia, but incase you weren't - I wanted to keep you off trial since you are a bigger target then I am!