Democratic leaders urge Kerry campaign changes

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Democratic leaders urge Kerry campaign changes

Post by Winnow »

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Democratic leaders, increasingly concerned that John Kerry's presidential campaign is adrift, are urging the presidential nominee to make changes in his staff before Labor Day, according to some party sources.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/ ... index.html

Oops! It looks like it's time for Plan B!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I guess his current staff isn't as experienced in crapthrowing and bullshit as the Bush staff is.
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

moveon.org comparing Bush to Hitler.
Michael Moore
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I swear the next time some idiot of a Republican equals Michael Moore with average democrats I will shove a Swift Boat down their throat. Not even you Sirton are that stupid. Close, but not quite.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Michael Moore being the average Democrat? Of course not. But you see that you are often pointing the same finger at the average Republican for being say a Bill O'Rielly. I know it easy to do on either side! :D Just try and keep it in perspective...
en kærlighed småkager
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Difference is: Quite a few conservatives here use O'Reilly as a reference. I have yet to see anyone seriously use Moore as one.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

VV is a rather small sampling though. :) I think if there was an calmer climate than a primary election, many modern Dems and Reps would find that they cross many similar paths of thought. Moderate makes more sense IMO.... anyways, carry on. ;)
en kærlighed småkager
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

I do not think there is any difference between tht Swiftboat group and moveon.org

Anyone that does is a fool, both are fringe nuts at the far edges of society
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Aaeamdar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Aaeamdar »

Except, of course:

1. Carl Rove helped fund the Swiftboat group.

2. Bush's attorneys were also representing the Swiftboat group.

3. The Swiftboat group brazenly lied for its campaign

But yeah, they are the same. /shrug.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Aaeamdar wrote:Except, of course:

2. Bush's attorneys were also representing the Swiftboat group.

But yeah, they are the same. /shrug.
And Washington DC attorney Joe Sandler represents the Democratic National Committee and MoveOn.org. What's your point?
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

And Washington DC attorney Joe Sandler represents the Democratic National Committee and MoveOn.org. What's your point?
That he doesn't work for or is paid by the Kerry Campaign. Benjamin Ginsberg was being paid directly by the Bush Campaign and advising the Swift Boat Vets. While it was not illegal for him to do so it did cast more doubt on the statements that the two groups were not coordinating. I still say his activities deserved to be looked into.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Oh and on the subject of Democratic "leaders" thinking that Kerry should change his campaign I think Kerry should politely tell them thank you for your concern, but stfu. These are the same people that lost seats in both the House and the Senate last time and had zero direction in 2002 and 2003.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

I think the smart money in the Democratic party is going to let Mr. Kerry hang swinging in the breeze here.

They don't expect they have much of a chance anyway in this election year so why have a star like Hillary take the loss?

John Kerry = Fall Guy
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Metanis wrote:I think the smart money in the Democratic party is going to let Mr. Kerry hang swinging in the breeze here.

They don't expect they have much of a chance anyway in this election year so why have a star like Hillary take the loss?

John Kerry = Fall Guy
You can think that if you want Met, but the race isn't over. The election will be too close to call until the very end. Bush won last time because most moderate voters believed he would be a moderate, he has proven them wrong and unlike other types of voters most moderates are not swayed by the shinnies that distract the majority of the population.

At the beginning of the primaries I would have agreed that anyone running against Bush this time was just going to be the Bob Dole of the Democrats, but with the way the race has shaped up and the situation both domestically and abroad the way it is, no one can say what will happen. The last election was very close and I expect this one to be as well, however, there is no way no matter how many people they parade up there trying to pull Bush back to the middle that most of the key voters will believe it after the last four years.

The conservatives can pat themselves on the back and say wow we've run a really great race and wasn't that speech by McCain or Arnold excellent, but in the end it's going to come down to Bush/Cheney against Kerry/Edwards. Personally I think the Bush-Kerry debates are going to be a wash and it's going to be Edwards that really pulls it out in the end. Now mind you I'm not saying that Cheney isn't a good debater, but in the end I think Edwards is going to be the star out of the four men in the debates and really I look at a vote for Kerry in 2004 as a vote for Edwards in 2012.

Again this is all my own opinion and I'm probably completely wrong, but that's what's so great about opinions; you don't have to be right to have one.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Metanis wrote:I think the smart money in the Democratic party is going to let Mr. Kerry hang swinging in the breeze here.

John Kerry = Fall Guy
Sec, I gotta bookmark this for november 3rd.
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Crav wrote:
That he doesn't work for or is paid by the Kerry Campaign. Benjamin Ginsberg was being paid directly by the Bush Campaign and advising the Swift Boat Vets. While it was not illegal for him to do so it did cast more doubt on the statements that the two groups were not coordinating. I still say his activities deserved to be looked into.
That's your rebuttal? He was paid by the DNC but not the Kerry campaign? That's a pretty shakey splitting of semantic hairs... but if it lets you sleep at night, feel free to continue to believe that there's an effective difference. Besides, there's not a damn thing wrong with an attorney having more than one client- and very often those clients will be in the same circles of people/organizations. There has not been a single shred of evidence that the Bush campaign paid Ginsberg to advise the Swiftboat group. So again, what's your point? Oh, never mind, I figured it out- the anti-Bush people can be as hypocritical as they want to be, so long as it's anti-Bush.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Mak wrote:
Crav wrote:
That's your rebuttal? He was paid by the DNC but not the Kerry campaign? That's a pretty shakey splitting of semantic hairs... but if it lets you sleep at night, feel free to continue to believe that there's an effective difference. Besides, there's not a damn thing wrong with an attorney having more than one client- and very often those clients will be in the same circles of people/organizations. There has not been a single shred of evidence that the Bush campaign paid Ginsberg to advise the Swiftboat group. So again, what's your point? Oh, never mind, I figured it out- the anti-Bush people can be as hypocritical as they want to be, so long as it's anti-Bush.
Semantic hairs? The DNC does not direct the election campaign of the candidate. The key here is coordination; one would assume that the candidate's campaign is the one that decides on the direction to take not the national party. I understand how this can be confusing for a Republican where the national party gets involved in state and other politics such as the redistricting issue in Texas and retiring congressmen having stated that they had no choice but to go along with the national party, but in principle this should not happen.

You are correct in stating that there is nothing wrong with a lawyer having more than one client in the same circle of people/organizations, but when there are is a question on the exact nature of the communications between two groups that are not suppose to be having any coordination then I think there should be some sort of investigation into it. I've never said anything other than that, I never accused anyone of breaking any FEC laws all I ever said is that it should be looked into. This would also go for any connections between the Kerry campaign and the 527 groups that are rallying against Bush.

You can call me a hypocrite if you wish, that is your opinion. If you look back at all the posts I've made about this particular issue all I've ever said is that I believe there should be an investigation. That my friend is my point or do you have something against trying to find the truth through investigation?
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Kylere wrote:I do not think there is any difference between tht Swiftboat group and moveon.org

Anyone that does is a fool, both are fringe nuts at the far edges of society
moveon gives (mostly) fact. Swift boats is flat out lies, moveon also deals with issues, not veitnam.
Let them scream michael moore all they want, they forget they have jerry falwell, he is far more extreme then even 10 michael moores
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

The people who are going to decide this election make up their minds in October.

So bascially like many people say, the polls don't really mean shit until then. The attack ads certainly took some blood from Kerry though. We'll see if he can rally.

I think there are a couple of democrats panicking, but thankfully it doesn't appear to be in the leadership of Kerry's campaign. If he has what it takes to lead this campaign against this powerful adversary, i think just about everybody can feel confident he has substantial leadership ability.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Far too early for the Democrats to panic. This race is really just getting started. It's a shame that both candidates are so shitty that the issues are getting buried under the bullshit already.

Bush or NotBush? You decide!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Xzion wrote:moveon gives (mostly) fact. Swift boats is flat out lies, moveon also deals with issues, not veitnam.
Swift boats is about character and John F. Kerry's lack therof.
Xzion wrote:Let them scream michael moore all they want, they forget they have jerry falwell
Isn't that a contradiction in logic? If Jerry Falwell were so important to the conservative cause why would we forget him? I haven't heard or read anything by Jerry Falwell in YEARS. I think he's more important to you "liberals" as a "juice-up the debate" lightening rod.
Xzion wrote:... he is far more extreme then even 10 michael moores
Pretty strong hyperbole. How about posting some proof of Falwell's so-called extreme traits or beliefs. Then try and show me how how much more extreme it is than 10 Michael Moores. At 10x Moore I would guess that Falwell would have to advocate regular on-going genocide or something equally nasty...

I'm not sure why I even bothered responding to you. I mean you show glimmers of intelligence at times... but still...

/boggle.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The blue makes me feel calm and happy. The red makes me think of devils and communists!