Beachvolelyball - god damn

What do you think about the sports world?
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Beachvolelyball - god damn

Post by Kelshara »

Anybody watching the US vs Australia women's game? The guts shown by that Australian female playing with a busted shoulder like that is insane. Can't even lift her right arm to cheer, serves underhanded.. and they STILL are able to compete and make it a damn good game!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Gutsiest performance I have seen in a very long time. And bad sportsmanship from the American team not to even come over and ask if she was ok etc after the win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kelshara wrote:Gutsiest performance I have seen in a very long time. And bad sportsmanship from the American team not to even come over and ask if she was ok etc after the win.
Did they spike it at her arm? Did a mob of gymnasts flock around Kerry Strugg to see if she was ok after helping the Americans win the gold on one good leg?

Damn those evil Americans!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Get your head out of your ass for once, it is nothing but good sportmanship to do something like that. And it has nothing to do with it being Americans, if they were Canadian/Swedish/whatever I would have said the same.

When you behave like an ass you get called on it. Not really all that hard is it?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Fucking please. These women are athletes, not fucking babies. I personally would be insulted if the team that just beat me came over to ask if my booboo was ouchie.
Last edited by masteen on August 24, 2004, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

You don't see football players checking on the other team's players much, do you? I think your high school sports view on how professional level competitive sports work is a bit off.
Adelrune Argenti
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Are you ok Kelshara after that last flame? I don't want to be accused of not caring!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Adelrune Argenti wrote:You don't see football players checking on the other team's players much, do you? I think your high school sports view on how professional level competitive sports work is a bit off.
Eh actually when you see a seriously injured player show some guts like this in football, the other team (or at least some players) usually walk over to talk to him afterwards. Same happens in soccer at the highest level and in most other sports as well.

I guess sportsmanship is a foreign concept for you *shrug* but I'm glad not everyone are as idiotic as that.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The only time I see football players doing that is when someone is being carted off the field from an obviously season-ending injury. Little bit different than asking if someone who gutted out the entire game is feeling OK.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kelsh, I haven't gotten to see the game as yet, but I'd be shocked if Youngs and McPeak (both of whom I've met) didn't go over and talk to her, perhaps after the camera was off or something. Both of them are very nice ladies who were also very generous with their time when I met them.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Well I read a bit about them and seems they might have been overcome with emotion after finally winning an Olympic medal. I still think it sucks though after watching an extremely gutsy performance through two sets (for those unaware.. the Australian is one of the best players ever and is going straight to an operation now that they lost).

I still say it was poor sportsmanship ESPECIALLY when you consider the more friendly setting an Olympic should have.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Kelshara wrote:Well I read a bit about them and seems they might have been overcome with emotion after finally winning an Olympic medal. I still think it sucks though after watching an extremely gutsy performance through two sets (for those unaware.. the Australian is one of the best players ever and is going straight to an operation now that they lost).

I still say it was poor sportsmanship ESPECIALLY when you consider the more friendly setting an Olympic should have.
God I now know who you are, Your the dad who ask me why my son does not get too pitch when there is 2 outs and the bases loaded in the championship game and I look at you and say because your son cant handle this situaton. Or your the father that comes up to me and says why cant little jhonnie play shortstop and I have to bite my tounge from saying " Because your son sucks"
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Far from it. I've played sports at a high level (and been a coach for younger age groups) and believe me I am nothing like that. However, showing some sportsmanship and good spirit when you win (which btw has nothing to do with what you posted) in particular in the Olympics should be expected. Just like you should show some grace in defeat (aka not whine like that Russian gymnastics woman did).
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

Kelshara wrote:I still say it was poor sportsmanship ESPECIALLY when you consider the more friendly setting an Olympic should have.
Were you actually in Greece and watched their every move before during and after the game? Were you at the game yourself and saw them not go over to the Aussies? Do you have any sources to back this up?

I'm with noel, not everything is shown on network television, and on the other hand, not everything that happens at the games, the network executives in charge choose to televise. If you couldn't tell already, the Olympics that are televised are HEAVILY edited for time. Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it didn't happen.

All I see in your posts is a sleazy way to cheap shot the Americans.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

- The cameras followed them with close-ups.
- They did the normal routine of thanking the ref etc.. nothing was said. Still closeups.
- They then ran to the American fans.
- Has nothing to do with it being an American team. I cheer for good athletes who compete well and show good sportsmanship no matter their nationality.

Out of respect for Sports forum mods I wont bother more with your comment.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Would you say that all the sprinters who didn't go check on Gail Devers after she collapsed at the first hurdle were bad sportmen? Did McPeaks and Young refuse to shake their hands or kick sand on the injured player? Would they have shown more class and empathy if after they had won the match they would have gone over and seen how she was instead of celebrating? Yes, but I am not going to say they showed bad sportsmanship by not doing it.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Actually, they should have allowed the other team to win because obviously it would be the "right" thing to do and it would make the injured player feel so much better. Why stop at just checking on if she is doing ok. Might as well go that extra mile to show how much of a sport you are.
Adelrune Argenti
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kelsh, I love you in a very platonic way, and I know you mean well, but you're overreacting. McPeak especially is one of the nicest people I've ever met, stop reading so far into everything.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

noel wrote:Kelsh, I haven't gotten to see the game as yet, but I'd be shocked if Youngs and McPeak (both of whom I've met) didn't go over and talk to her, perhaps after the camera was off or something. Both of them are very nice ladies who were also very generous with their time when I met them.
Both are very easy on the eyes too!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Yay USA and Beach Volleyball Gold!

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kerri Walsh is fucking hot. That is all.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

noel wrote:Kerri Walsh is fucking hot. That is all.
I have never agreed with you more.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

She's the one on the bottom! : )
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I do so enjoy that Visa commercial with them.

God I wish they would play that one instead of the 1000 different Phelps commercials. Seriously, I think 99% of people watching the olympics prefer beach volleyball (women) over some swimming punk.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I'm with Mast on this one. The only time anyone from any other team gives a shit is if it appears a least season ending. You watch a shitton of sports Kel, what the hell kind of "sportsmanship" do you see that everyone else here is missing?
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Kluden wrote:I do so enjoy that Visa commercial with them.
http://www.1190kex.com/jacor-common/pdx ... eyball.wmv
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Chidoro wrote:I'm with Mast on this one. The only time anyone from any other team gives a shit is if it appears a least season ending. You watch a shitton of sports Kel, what the hell kind of "sportsmanship" do you see that everyone else here is missing?
Well this was season ending (if the season isn't over heh which I think it is more or less anyway).. she just played more or less one-armed through the remaining two sets (erh.. you call it games don't you? Gah need to remember that). I guess it is the same way as I hate seeing all the overpaid pro athletes these days who doesn't play with a lot of passion for the sport etc. Oh well..

And yes she is hot.. there are quite a few hot women beachvolleyball players.. if I recall, a Japanese one was hot, a Norwegian one is stunning, and I KNOW I saw a couple of others as well.

And yeah I watch too much sports.. thank goodness for football season starting! They are showing all the games at the movie theater here at the apartment complex! Just need to figure out if we can bring beer now.. heh!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

There was actually a chinese volleyball player that had probably one of the greatest asses I'd ever seen.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

hum might have been the Chinese one I was thinking about and not Japanese.. will have to research this!
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Makora

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thank you Mak, for that wonderful commercial. I will stop looping it sometime next week.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

mmmm
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

In this first picture, we see this Norwegian volleyball player indicating to her partner that she will be blocking line for either of their opponents:
She appears to have perfect form at this critical stage of the play.

In this second picture we see this Brazillian volleyball player indicating that if her partner serves their opponent on the left, she'll be blocking line, but that she won't be blocking their opponent on the right.

Finally, we see this greek player extending herself and giving her all to dig a spike.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

hum still no picture of the Chinese one! I kind of liked this Japanese girl though..

Some others!

This is the Norwegian girl I mentioned.. bad picture but can't really find a very good one of her. Met her and she is very very good looking outside of the beach as well!

heh damn I am bored!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i give this thread high marks
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I concur on the thread's high marks, the looping of said commercial....except I must take exception to the norweigan's manish looking midsection. Go japanese, silly!
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

Voronwë wrote:i give this thread high marks
Well, it's important to promote female athletics. God knows foxy boxing can only go so far.
Makora

Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

This thread gets a 10.0 from all judges.

:D
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sylvus wrote:Image
Kelshara wrote:Image
That's some good ass grabbin' there!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Of course the men's gold final game that is on now is an awesome game.. no eyecandy though :( Some insane blocks!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

BRASIL UBER ALLES!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Dont you mean Brasil Uber Tuchus?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kelshara wrote:Of course the men's gold final game that is on now is an awesome game.. no eyecandy though :( Some insane blocks!
It's times like this that we must resort to the Volleyball Dance Team in Greece!

Image Image

Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

They don't show them on NBC! You know, need to fit in the commercials!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

masteen wrote:
Sylvus wrote:Image
Kelshara wrote:Image
That's some good ass grabbin' there!
I'd be touchin that booty if I was her teammate too :D
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Although not beachvolleyball athlete I'll add in a couple of pictures of the Norwegian Tae Kwon Do athlete!