Kerry expects these people to help in Iraq?

What do you think about the world?
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Kerry expects these people to help in Iraq?

Post by Metanis »

Kerry wants to fight a more "sensitive" war in Iraq and enlist the help of allies such as these...

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArt ... ction=news
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union has said it has found no evidence of genocide in the Sudanese region of Darfur, although killing is widespread, with little evidence of government efforts to protect civilians.
The members of the EU sure are going to be some impressive and credible allies.

/gag
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Even if Kerry got elected and started group hugging the Naysaying Euros, they wouldn't join the war effort.

Sadly this is Kerry's plan. It might as well be labeled a non-plan.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

it is the official opinion of the United States of America that there is no genocide in Darfur. Colin Powell said as much on an NPR interview after personally touring the region.

Does that mean John Kerry won't be seeking assistance from American troops in Iraq?
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Yes because even when we had evidence of genocide in Bosnia, President Clinton had so much support from the Republicans in congress. As far as the article in question I believe that the reason that they say it is not genocide is because the actions by the militias do not fall under the International Criminal court's definition of genocide. No where in the article does it deny that there are people committing mass murder in Darfur. What do you care anyways; the Bush administration is never going to send troops there, both because we are stretched too thin and they have no interests there.

Honestly you want to question Kerry's plans for the war in Iraq then please put up the Bush alternative. It's very easy to say oh that plan is dumb or it will never work, but I haven't heard any plans coming from the administration. We are stuck in Iraq, that is a given, but why do we have to keep asking reservist and guardsmen to keep paying for our President's mistake? Active duty troops expect the possibility of being in foreign countries for multiple tours, but reservist and guardsmen have had their tours extended to unreasonable lengths with no end in sight. Where is the Bush plan to end their tours, do you really think that he will admit to his mistakes and ask for help from the world? Do you honestly think that the current administration will share in the responsibility and profits in rebuilding Iraq?
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Even if Kerry got elected and started group hugging the Naysaying Euros, they wouldn't join the war effort.
Plenty of countries have and are helping rebuild Iraq. They just didn't want to help bomb it for no reason.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I will bet anyone a hundred dollars that if (when) Kerry goes to the UN and apologizes for his predacessors war-mongering and arrogance, and requests assistance in Iraq, then every country in the security council will unanimously vote for as much assisstance is needed.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Crav wrote:Yes because even when we had evidence of genocide in Bosnia, President Clinton had so much support from the Republicans in congress. As far as the article in question I believe that the reason that they say it is not genocide is because the actions by the militias do not fall under the International Criminal court's definition of genocide. No where in the article does it deny that there are people committing mass murder in Darfur. What do you care anyways; the Bush administration is never going to send troops there, both because we are stretched too thin and they have no interests there.

Honestly you want to question Kerry's plans for the war in Iraq then please put up the Bush alternative. It's very easy to say oh that plan is dumb or it will never work, but I haven't heard any plans coming from the administration. We are stuck in Iraq, that is a given, but why do we have to keep asking reservist and guardsmen to keep paying for our President's mistake? Active duty troops expect the possibility of being in foreign countries for multiple tours, but reservist and guardsmen have had their tours extended to unreasonable lengths with no end in sight. Where is the Bush plan to end their tours, do you really think that he will admit to his mistakes and ask for help from the world? Do you honestly think that the current administration will share in the responsibility and profits in rebuilding Iraq?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 05-12.html
And therefore, our strategy for peace is to do everything we can to protect the homeland, by being on the offense against an enemy. But it's also to spread liberty. These are historic times. That's why it's vital we stand with those who love freedom in Afghanistan and Iraq.
And so we've got to stand with these people, see, because, you know what, a free world -- a free Iraq in a part of the world that's desperate for freedom is an historic opportunity.
Ummmm, "standing firm" is a hard concept for liberals to grasp I guess.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

you're using a speech by pres. bush to substantiate your argument?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

spreading liberty and standing firm

who knew it would be as easy as typing a couple of sentences on a web page.

what are you even talking about. that isnt a plan.

that is like me asking my wife "how are we going to get to the beach" expecting driving directions.

and she replies, well we are going to get in the car and drive there.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Kelshara wrote:Plenty of countries have and are helping rebuild Iraq
Then we obviously don't need John Kerry to f*** it up then do we?
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

kyoukan wrote:I will bet anyone a hundred dollars that if (when) Kerry goes to the UN and apologizes for his predacessors war-mongering and arrogance, and requests assistance in Iraq, then every country in the security council will unanimously vote for as much assisstance is needed.
I suspect you are right.

They would vote for it, but the funds and troops would never materialize.

All talk and no action.

That should be the official UN motto.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

kyoukan wrote:you're using a speech by pres. bush to substantiate your argument?
What a novel idea... using the source.

I was asked to "put up the Bush alternative".
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Then we obviously don't need John Kerry to f*** it up then do we?
Considering most of them are not Bush supporters but would rather deal with Kerry.. I can guarantee you that it would be a hell of a lot easier to get support with Kerry than Bush as president.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Metanis wrote:
kyoukan wrote:you're using a speech by pres. bush to substantiate your argument?

You say that Kerry's plan isn't specifics enough, yet when asked for the alternative you give us "standing firm". "Standing firm" is not a plan, it is, however, the situation that our fighting men and women find themselves in everyday in the face of enemy fire paying for the administration's lack of foresight, ingenuity and humility.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Metanis wrote:What a novel idea... using the source.

that's not a plan you fucking dumbass. jesus.

the UN helps out dozens of countries a year through peacekeeping and administration. all you arrogant bullies do is bomb shit, take what you want and leave. and you have the fucking gall to say the UN is all talk and no action? please. the UN is stretched thin because of all the peacekeeping and helping they do internationally. all you violent war criminals do is attack countries when you want something they have or to exact vengeance and then you leave.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Well the other thing the Pro-War people need to answer is why should non-coalition countries intervene or pay for any intervention.

It was the US government that invented the reasons for the invasion.
It was the US government that led the coalition that invaded and destroyed the existing infrastructure.
It is the US government that is awarding the contracts to rebuild/supply everything.

Its your mess, why should I lobby/pressure my government to help clean it up?
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I had a nice, well thought out rebuttal typed out but I decided I'd just rather stand firm on my opinion that Metanis is an ignorant shithead.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Crav wrote:
Metanis wrote:

You say that Kerry's plan isn't specifics enough, yet when asked for the alternative you give us "standing firm". "Standing firm" is not a plan, it is, however, the situation that our fighting men and women find themselves in everyday in the face of enemy fire paying for the administration's lack of foresight, ingenuity and humility.
Would you prefer if the personal agenda of every trooper in Iraq was posted so that you could feel like you are in tune with their every move?

Ummm, what do you think 140,000 troops are going to be doing while they "stand firm" against terror?

They are going to keep doing exactly what they are already doing, rebuilding a country one day at a time. They are going to re-build power plants, roads, hospitals, schools, etc., etc. They are going to kill insurgents and terrorists whenever and wherever they find them. They are going to try and protect the law-abiding citizens of Iraq while killing or prosecuting the trouble-makers.

So what do you want Crav? You want to micro-manage their every move? You want President Bush to become GOD and state that the job will be done on X day in the future?

How about getting a little humility yourself and realizing that this is the real world here, there's no guarantees, there's nothing but hard work and hope ahead.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

It was the US government that invented the reasons for the invasion.
It was the US government that led the coalition that invaded and destroyed the existing infrastructure.
It is the US government that is awarding the contracts to rebuild/supply everything.

Its your mess, why should I lobby/pressure my government to help clean it up?
Well we would have to begin by saying that the way the war was conducted was wrong and that it was a mistake to not allow all dipolmatic channels to be exercised. However, these words or others will not change the reality that our mistake has caused the world to be in far greater danger and that we can not correct this mistake by ourselves. We are at a point in time where the world is in flux, there is a real danger that because of our actions radical Islam, which had been a non factor in world events, is now a major threat to all peoples. From the Phillipines to Spain we have seen what our mistake has caused and we ask and need the assistance of those very people that we have endangered in order to correct that mistake.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

miir wrote:I had a nice, well thought out rebuttal typed out but I decided I'd just rather stand firm on my opinion that Metanis is an ignorant shithead.
Thank you!

Loan me $1.05?

With that and your opinion I'll buy a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

:)
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Metanis wrote:How about getting a little humility yourself and realizing that this is the real world here, there's no guarantees, there's nothing but hard work and hope ahead.
Don't forget the death, there's going to be a lot of that ahead too.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Metanis wrote:
miir wrote:I had a nice, well thought out rebuttal typed out but I decided I'd just rather stand firm on my opinion that Metanis is an ignorant shithead.
Thank you!

Loan me $1.05?

he was mocking you.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Lynks wrote:
Metanis wrote:How about getting a little humility yourself and realizing that this is the real world here, there's no guarantees, there's nothing but hard work and hope ahead.
A lot less death than when Saddam was in power.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Lynks wrote:
No crap? I better vote for Kerry then, I'm sure he will stop Death in it's tracks... just like he did that naked Viet Cong soldier.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

So what do you want Crav? You want to micro-manage their every move? You want President Bush to become GOD and state that the job will be done on X day in the future?
What I would like is an idea on how we are going to handle the logistics of this war. Obviously we have to rebuild the country and no I'm not asking for a set date on when it will be done. What I am asking is for a very general idea on how exactly we are going to accomplish this. We can not keep our reservist and guardsmen in Iraq for five years. We can not ask our active duty personnel to "stand firm" with no sight of reinforcements. It's all well and good to say it will take hard work, but an army marches on its stomach and the logistics for a five year reconstruction are not in place. There is no plan from the administration on how they are going to keep our troops at combat strength or how we are going to react to threats outside of Iraq and Afghanistan. Like it or not we need help, I just hope that which ever candidate wins they will be able to properly ask for it and more importantly receive it.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

kyoukan wrote:
Metanis wrote:
Thank you!

Loan me $1.05?

he was mocking you.
Imagine that. I'm totally devastated.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Metanis wrote:
Lynks wrote:
No crap? I better vote for Kerry then, I'm sure he will stop Death in it's tracks... just like he did that naked Viet Cong soldier.
He is???? Holy shit!!! I wasn't thinking that but hell, since you said it. Sure!
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Crav wrote:Like it or not we need help, I just hope that which ever candidate wins they will be able to properly ask for it and more importantly receive it.
/truce

I agree with you here 100%.

US forces were never intended to be armies of occupation. This is a role our DoD has little training or even inclination to fill.

I would contend that the WORLD needs to step forward and recognize they have a moral obligation to keep Iraq from sliding into anarchy.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Lynks wrote:
Metanis wrote:
Lynks wrote:
He is???? Holy shit!!! I wasn't thinking that but hell, since you said it. Sure!
Where's Kooky when you need her? This is where she's supposed to point out that I'm mocking you...
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

kyoukan wrote:

the UN helps out dozens of countries a year through peacekeeping and administration. all you arrogant bullies do is bomb shit, take what you want and leave. and you have the fucking gall to say the UN is all talk and no action? please. the UN is stretched thin because of all the peacekeeping and helping they do internationally. all you violent war criminals do is attack countries when you want something they have or to exact vengeance and then you leave.

Was the movie Clueless about you?
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

Metanis wrote:Where's Kooky when you need her? This is where she's supposed to point out that I'm mocking you...
Or is it the other way around!

*Queue suspense music*
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Lynks wrote:
Metanis wrote:Where's Kooky when you need her? This is where she's supposed to point out that I'm mocking you...
Or is it the other way around!

*Queue suspense music*
Don't confuse me, I've misplaced my medication for today.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I would contend that the WORLD needs to step forward and recognize they have a moral obligation to keep Iraq from sliding into anarchy.
No offense but I have no interest in cleaning up your mess. You shit in your own nest, now clean it up.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Kelshara wrote:
No offense but I have no interest in cleaning up your mess. You shit in your own nest, now clean it up.
I believe this is exactly what President Bush plans on doing. (Without John Kerry's help thank you.)

So why do all the pussy liberals whine and moan how we need to include the UN in our every move? Once again you are exposed in your double standards.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Kelshara wrote:

Good im glad you agree now stop bitching about it and Let the US finish what they started.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Cartalas wrote:
kyoukan wrote:

Was the movie Clueless about you?
Was The TV Show Life Goes On About You? lOL hi
c u at tha rally 2nite metanis go racism LOl did u ever notice that fleshtone bandages r only fleshtoned 4 whitepeople haha wll c u gtg get redy to pick up metanis lol GWB 2005-LYFE!!!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Nah I prefere to keep pointing and laughing at your fumbling around like a blind whore in church.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Why are you all even trying to reason with this retarded, brainwashed troll?

He started this thread to hate on the EU and UN because he's been told to and has not the slightest grasp of the realities of the world at large and these organizations in particular.
He may as well have posted "USA! USA! USA! We're #1!". The level of political acuity is about the same as that of any other post he's made here.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup