More AA's then just mana burn being refunded

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

More AA's then just mana burn being refunded

Post by Ajran »

Due to the upcoming changes to Manaburn, Rods of Mystical Transvergence and a previous change to Innate Regeneration, we will be reimbursing several Alternate Advancement (AA) abilities. This will happen with the next patch (scheduled for 3 am the morning of October 16th).

Once you log on after the patch, if you have any of these abilities, please check your AA window immediately!

If you have more than 30 unspent points, it is very important that you make certain that your character has 30 or fewer AA points before the launch of Planes of Power on October 21st! The return of these AA points may put your total number of unspent points over the 30 point maximum. Your pool will be reduced to 30 the first time you log in after the launch of Planes of Power on October 21st.

We will be refunding all Alternate Advancement points in the following abilities:

Innate Regeneration
Manaburn
Mental Clarity
Quick Summoning
Refunded Alternate Advancement points may be spent in any way you choose.

Thank you for playing our game and for your patience and understanding while we make these changes.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

what are they doing to mental clarity and regen?
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Mental clarity is required for Manaburn. OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of wizards only got it because of that. Mental clarity I is worth 2 points. However, I dont feel MCII and III are worth 4 and 6 points. They are giving the points back so wizards can do what they wish with them. You can always put them back into MC.
Innate Regen I think was the choice OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of people took because of the whole mod rod thing. They were able to regen faster while rodding. I guess they want to give those back as well. I am sure OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of people will still put them into that. Regen is good.
Adelrune Argenti
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Races with innate regen also took all the regen AAs because originally, if you were an iksar or a troll, the regened 2 per tic more. They changed it so that it did only one per tic and there was a big uproar over people having spent tons of AA to get all the regen AAs for this effect and VI originally stated there would be no AA refund. With the refunding of Wizard AAs for MB, I think VI is preemptively covering its ass on this one, especially since they dont need any more backlash with PooP almost out of the chute.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

so why don't they just add a 'refund AA points' button into the AA interface to save them the trouble of refunding a new class everyweek for the next 8 weeks? because this is becoming a chain reaction, and in the name of balance, what they do to one, they have to do to all, no?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Races with innate regen also took all the regen AAs because originally, if you were an iksar or a troll, the regened 2 per tic more.
I'll be happy with Regen refund! I would have never put points into Regen if I would have only gotten one per tic. It's not worth it. Perhaps they should have had the General regen 1 a tic and the Arch (Or Class. Wherever it is) regen give 2. At least that would have made it a little more worthwhile for the points spent. 12 points AA for 3 tic regen? Yeah, that's a good deal!

so why don't they just add a 'refund AA points' button into the AA interface to save them the trouble of refunding a new class everyweek for the next 8 weeks? because this is becoming a chain reaction, and in the name of balance, what they do to one, they have to do to all, no?
Well, it's in the text file, actually. But not sure if that's a GM thing or not. If they did something like this they wouldn't make it a one-for-one thing. It would be too easily exploitable. For example, if I was dotted and close to dying I could quickly refund 9 points from Ambidex , train Purify Body for 9, cleanse myself, then move it from PB back into Ambidex.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

ya I know what you mean Aslanna...the same sort of thing happened with 'spec'ing' in DAOC...basically they've developed themselves into a corner...

At this point really...You reset/refund everyone's AA points and let them redo them this one time (or until you fuck it up again and it needs to be done again) OR You say "screw all you bastards, suck it up."

Obviously...that's just how I see it could be done fairly...there are other options I'm sure...
PhyscoBloodspiller
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by PhyscoBloodspiller »

Nah, you got a chance to respec in DAoC was because too many people put points into the wrong thing, because they did not know the usefulness of the skill. Not because Mythic fucked up the skills, or redid them.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

No, quite a few skills were redone, and players were unable to adjust for them. It was part of the PvP tuning that they once tried to do and since have given up on.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

My dumb ass wants the points back from Casting Fury1 :( Yes, I am stupid.
en kærlighed småkager