My situation:

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

My situation:

Post by Akaran_D »

5'11.5, 175lbs, 22yrs old.
Until last month I was not getting full, uninterrupted nights of sleep for a period of over 9 years, and as such, never had the energy to get up and work out. It's compounded by firbromyalgia if anyone here is familiar with it.

As you might guess, I am horibly out of shape. I have no pecs, tiny arms, and limited back muscles. I've got probably 25lbs of fat, easy, on my gut.. looks like a beer gut, tbh. My legs are in good shape, a little flab on them but not OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS, primarily because I had been biking whenever I had the energy to do so.. 4.5miles a stretch.

Now that I am getting regular, 8hrs of sleep, this is what I'm doing:

Situps, 50 a day, to train abdominals, 5 sets of 10
Biking, 4.5mi a day in ~20 to 25 minutes, depending on traffic, to maintain leg strength
Pushups, 10 a day
Bench Presses, 8 to 10 a set, 16lbs (not a joke, my dick is almost the same size as my forearms), 3 sets
Bent Over Barbell Lifts, 8 to 10 a set, 16lbs, 3 sets
Bent Over Lifts (can't find the dumbell adapter for my weighs, just the barbell, having to thread my fingers in the hole to lift them), 3 sets of 8, 8lbs
Wrist Curls, going to start those, 16lbs I'm sure, 3 sets of 8 to get started.

This is about all I can do until I find my dumbell bars to attach to my weights. I don't have a bench to work out on, trying to either find one or jimmy one up. Can't afford going to the local gym or I would..

Diet:
Since I started doing this a couple weeks ago I have this insatiable hunger for MEAT. Doesn't matter what kind - I've eaten all the chicken in the house I can find, ate all the eggs, been scarfing down hotdogs sans buns 5 at a time, and usually eat one to two lean steaks a day. Anything else I eat makes me want to puke, aside from plain pasta with butter and a slight bit of salt. Is this normal? I can't eat cereal or stand even simple deserts like a rare pudding cup. If it isn't meat / eggs / pasta I just can't seem to keep it down. Occasionaly can eat some veggies, and cheese. I'm not drinking caffine.. pretty much living off of water (lots of it) and gatoraide in terms of fluid intake.

Monthly check comming in saturday, going to be getting some salad fixings and lots more eggs, and hopefully some plain chicken breasts.

Anything anyone else can recommend? Even at 8 and 16lbs, after a good workout it's all I can do to lift my arms, so I'm hesitant about adding any more weight for at least another couple weeks. I've been doing this for about two weeks now with the situps and riding, just started the barbells about a week ago.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Alfan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Alfan »

You might seriously benefit from some sort of Pilates or Yoga type exercising. It's all pretty low impact, but in conjuction with weightlifting it can really build total strength really fast.

And it sucks, but the best way to improve strength is pushing yourself :/ As soon as you're not struggling to life the weights you should bump it a little. Make sure you have a spot though!
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Hm, I'd be game for that. Anyone know any good Yoga or Pilates exercises? :)
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

I learned yoga on my own using http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 32-7448812

Later when I joined an organized class the teacher was astounded that I was able to teach myself to the level I had in only a year. It's a great book, and still the one I use daily
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

i recomend getting into a gym if you can..if not then keep doing loads of cardio and a good diet to cut weight.