Yay, its open!

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Yay, its open!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Since Kwon's forum is now open, thought I would be the first to post a new thread in it, and got some questions that I was wondering if anyone could help with.

First off, I need to gain weight, and I am planning on taking something (like some supplement or creatine) to help me with it but I'm not sure what would work best. Some of my friends swear by creatine, and others by these supplement packets (cant for the life of me think of the name, but I'll post it tommorow after I go to the gym), but I'm not sure which would work best for me. I am 5'10'', 140lbs and looking to gain 15-20 lbs (if its possible, mostly muscle, but any weight right now would be good I think). And yes, I do eat 5 or 6 meals a day, and they arent even small meals, I eat more than anyone I know and it does jack shit for me.

And next, what is the best workout to build pecks? My arms are getting bigger, I'm developing abs, but my chest is staying small. Have been doing different types of bench (normal, incline, decline), but thinking that dumbell bench might work better.
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Yay, its open!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Since Kwon's forum is now open, thought I would be the first to post a new thread in it, and got some questions that I was wondering if anyone could help with.

First off, I need to gain weight, and I am planning on taking something (like some supplement or creatine) to help me with it but I'm not sure what would work best. Some of my friends swear by creatine, and others by these supplement packets (cant for the life of me think of the name, but I'll post it tommorow after I go to the gym), but I'm not sure which would work best for me. I am 5'10'', 140lbs and looking to gain 15-20 lbs (if its possible, mostly muscle, but any weight right now would be good I think). And yes, I do eat 5 or 6 meals a day, and they arent even small meals, I eat more than anyone I know and it does jack shit for me.

And next, what is the best workout to build pecks? My arms are getting bigger, I'm developing abs, but my chest is staying small. Have been doing different types of bench (normal, incline, decline), but thinking that dumbell bench might work better.
If you want to gain weight...eat, eat, and eat some more. End of story. Regardless of your metabolism, eating will allow you to gain weight. When I was in college I was 6'2'' and weighed 165lbs. I know, I know, I drank a lot and forgot to eat. I decided to start working out again, and within three months I was 195lbs. I ate five times a day and worked out everyday. Again, just eat often and your problem will be solved.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

eat things that are high in protein but don't do atkins shit, keep it balanced with veggies and nuts etc.

and get on whey protein (protein shake), take three shakes a day..i started getting hard core into them in december and the results I recieved were awesome. I shot up from 145 to 156.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

get older

that will help
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

I've told you already Ash! :)

Train 4 times a week.

Eat 6-8 times a day and start adding proteinshakes to your diet.

Eat every 3 hours!

You know the specifics! :)

Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, Cod as your base ingredients for your main meals. Add Rice, Pasta or Potatoes for Carbs.

Use eggs, tuna, omelets and protein shakes for the smaller meals!

Add minerals and vitamins and drink lots of water each day.

If you have a case of bad protein-farts(which many have haha), use Nectar Whey instead of the normal Whey!

Start the breakfast with oatmeal, eggs, juice/yoghurt/water/minerals/vitamins.

Oatmeal may be boring but very rewarding!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:I've told you already Ash! :)

Train 4 times a week.

Eat 6-8 times a day and start adding proteinshakes to your diet.

Eat every 3 hours!

You know the specifics! :)

Chicken, Tuna, Turkey, Cod as your base ingredients for your main meals. Add Rice, Pasta or Potatoes for Carbs.

Use eggs, tuna, omelets and protein shakes for the smaller meals!

Add minerals and vitamins and drink lots of water each day.

If you have a case of bad protein-farts(which many have haha), use Nectar Whey instead of the normal Whey!

Start the breakfast with oatmeal, eggs, juice/yoghurt/water/minerals/vitamins.

Oatmeal may be boring but very rewarding!
Ok, this is close to what I do already. I already eat quite a few times a day, with similiar foods to what you listed. Also, I work out 3 times a week right now (I can add another in maybe, but starting next week I am going to be running on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, so I will have to double up on one day most likely, with working out and running). I really need to find a job so I can afford protein, because I have Whey Protein right now, but I cant afford to drink them as much as I should.

Most of the time I just eat whatever I can find around the house for breakfast, I dont have time in the mornings to actually make anything, but once I make sure I eat something at lunch, regardless of what shit we have, then once I get home I eat eggs, then a few hours later I will usually have dinner with my family, then a bit later I drink a protein shake, then usually find something else to eat before bed, sometimes more eggs, sometimes make a turkey sandwich, but something.

Also, I do have some multivitamins I take, filled with all sorts of shit, and soon wanting to add in Creatine and the other stuff I mentioned earlier, because I know Creatine wont help me for more than 11 or 12 lbs, but thats still 11 or 12 lbs.

I'll try to add some more of the stuff you are suggesting Kwon, cause I know I am not doing as much as I should (money is the biggest reason here). I used to eat oatmeal a lot when I was younger but got out of the habit, maybe I should start again. That could be a good quick breakfast.