Component Cables

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Component Cables

Post by Siji »

Problem:
Purchased an XBOX & component video cables
Have PS2 & component video cables
Have DVD & component video cables
Receiver has 2 component video in spots

Anyone know of an inexpensive video switcher for component video? Preferrably one that also has audio since the PS2 & XBOX cables don't have much length after the split (of video/audio plugs).

I've been able to find AV switchers that are both video/audio and those would be exactly what I need if it was component instead of normal composite/AV.

Thanks in advance. It's a pain switching the cables depending on which console I want to play.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Dont know of an inexpensive one. Pelican makes a bitching one though (has network jacks for networking xbox's etc.. as well if I recall correctly) costs about $99.
Kithyen
Star Farmer
Star Farmer
XBL Gamertag: Kithyen

Post by Kithyen »

Yea, most of the component ones I've seen so far, will run you 100 bucks+ :\ I'll let you know if I find any. We're getting a new tv soon and I'm gonna need a switcher for mine as well.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends.

Cortana
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Component Cables

Post by Ransure »

Siji wrote:Problem:
Purchased an XBOX & component video cables
Have PS2 & component video cables
Have DVD & component video cables
Receiver has 2 component video in spots

Anyone know of an inexpensive video switcher for component video? Preferrably one that also has audio since the PS2 & XBOX cables don't have much length after the split (of video/audio plugs).

I've been able to find AV switchers that are both video/audio and those would be exactly what I need if it was component instead of normal composite/AV.

Thanks in advance. It's a pain switching the cables depending on which console I want to play.
Ghetto trick from the A/V installation industry... those Composite/Analog Audio switchers work just like a component video switcher... because they are all hardwire connections internally... one of the $30 or $40 will do the trick... As for audio... if your reciever has two component video switching inputs... it should also have more than enough digital audio inputs... video game audio should always be digital :)

Oh, and you should just switch the XBOX and PS2 through component... your DVD should be direct into the reciever as it usually will have better picture quality..
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Component Cables

Post by Siji »

Ransure wrote:Ghetto trick from the A/V installation industry... those Composite/Analog Audio switchers work just like a component video switcher... because they are all hardwire connections internally... one of the $30 or $40 will do the trick... As for audio... if your reciever has two component video switching inputs... it should also have more than enough digital audio inputs... video game audio should always be digital
If the normal cheap-o AV (composite) switchers will work, that's great. You can get those as low as $20 or so. Have you (or anyone else) tried this successfully? Is there much/any video loss doing so?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Just wait until you need a DVI switcher. Those run several hundred.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Siji, unless your running on a crazy high end display (Pioneer Elite Plasma, Runco Projector) then you probobly wont notice any video loss...
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

gamestop sells somthing called the "system selector pro"

it sells for around 80 or 90 bucks...has around 6 or so component hook ups, optical in and out hook ups too...pretty much anything you could need

it's the size of a dvd player though

*edit*

actually here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801668

it seems to be 10 or so more dollars from the website...but that's exactly what you are looking for and it's just as good as something you could spend hundreds on
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

The System Selector Pro is nice. Has HD inputs, a built in ether-net router and 6 systems to put on it, retails for $79.99. If you want somthing inexpensive but works well go to GameStop and pick up the GameStop system selector for $19.99. I've got one on my TV in the bedroom and have had it for 3 years or so with no problems with picture and quality.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Trias wrote:gamestop sells somthing called the "system selector pro"

it sells for around 80 or 90 bucks...has around 6 or so component hook ups, optical in and out hook ups too...pretty much anything you could need

it's the size of a dvd player though

*edit*

actually here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801668

it seems to be 10 or so more dollars from the website...but that's exactly what you are looking for and it's just as good as something you could spend hundreds on
Wow, that thing rocks.... if youve got the cash, Id definately get it..