Lineage 2 Friends list Fix

Lineage 2 Discussion
Rave
No Stars!

Lineage 2 Friends list Fix

Post by Rave »

For the people playing Lineage 2:

To fix the friends list command, download this file and extract it to your Lineage2\system directory. Overwrite the existing file. It is a very small text file. http://24.73.214.190/lin2/commandname-e.zip

The commands are /friendinvite and /friendlist

The person that you invite has to be online to accept the invitation, and do not add yourself as a friend, it will crash the client.

Hopefully I should be able to start the Veeshan clan on Sieg tonight. Give me a tell in game if you want in. My character name is Nihn.
Or Reply to this thread with your in game character name.

Rave/Lumen/Nihn
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Come back to EQ Lume.

:P
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice. By far the worst part about Lineage is the communication part of it's interface.

You need to be able to add more text windows. If I don't have a separate /tell window there's little chance I'll see a message sent to be with battle spam, ooc, etc on the little small unsizable window they give you.
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

Actually, you can resize the chat window. But you can only make it taller, not wider :( Click and drag the top left hand corner to resize it.

You are absolutely right, the communications interface is horrible. Hope this changes before release.
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

Come to Lineage Pah!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Winnow, whats your char name? Winnow? Havent seen you online...

Ill be around Rave ;)
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Rave wrote:Actually, you can resize the chat window. But you can only make it taller, not wider :( Click and drag the top left hand corner to resize it.

You are absolutely right, the communications interface is horrible. Hope this changes before release.
Ah cool : ) That will help a little. You'd think by now that massive online gaming companies would understand that talking with friends and guildies is what keeps people playing these games and one of the most important parts of the game should be ease of communication.

I bet EQ is making a ton of money simply off the total crap EQIM app because people still wish to talk to friends in EQ even if they don't play anymore.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Count Gemily in for your clan.
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

Clan has been created. It makes communicating between all of us a lot easier. It also lets you see who else is online and what level and class they are.

We will be a level 0 clan for a while, since the first upgrade is 30,000 sp from me and 650,000 adena.

So far we have about 7 or 8 people, so we have a couple more slots if anyone is interested. Winnow? we could use a dwarf :)
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Wish I could log onto Sieghart.. we gave up and started on Erica. Much, much easier.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Cownt
No Stars!

Post by Cownt »

Maybe we could make another clan on the Erica server, what are the prerequisites for creating a clan?
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

yeah, seems like quite a few of us are on erica too.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

I didn't have any problems logging in to Sieghardt last night, I was surprised.

I thought about restarting on erica with you guys, but I'm almost level 17 now, and have about 200,000 worth of weapons and stuff. would suck to start over.

To start a clan all you need is to be level 10. Talk to the grandmaster in your starting town, and click on the Blood Pledge link. This will start a level 0 clan, which is limited to 10 ppl.

Xouqoa come back to sieghardt!
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Ravelrd, Ransure and Sojol like to get me killed. I've ding'd 14 like 6 times!
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

haha, I blame Ransure!!! it's always a safe bet.
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

I just couldnt get into that game :( It just didnt hook me. The interface and controls just pissed me off. City of Heroes here i come biotch!
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Waiting for them to send me login info so I can try this out and brush it off as garbage!

Where's my WoW :(
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

How long does it take these yahoos to send an open beta serial code!
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Ransure told me to get into the clan, but i need to meet you somewhere.
Hanging out around Gludio atm, almost lvl 14.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Knibble
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knibble »

Count Knibble in the clan Lum.
I have a Knibble on Erica as well. :D
Knibble Megentlee
65 Prophet "Retired"
Keepers Of The Elements

Demma,Karelily,Knibble on Blackburrow(EQ2)
Plague of Darkness
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Knibble come join the clan. Send a tell to Nihn when you log on (Lumenique)
I've had no trouble logging on. Gemily is 14 now with all the buffs and heals to be useful in a group.
EX is better solo of course, but I get lonely :(
Hope to be doing some raiding at level 20, cant wait. Racing to 35 so I can get my dragon. ( I want, I want, I want) Tee hee
Rave
No Stars!

Post by Rave »

Dregor: They have slowed down the number of accounts they are sending out until their new servers are up. Should be up by next week.

Sartori: I sent you a few tells last night to try and hook up with you, but didn't hear back. Maybe we can meet tonight.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Rave, hes Sartorri ingame... make sure your spelling it right :p
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Gemily wrote:Knibble come join the clan. Send a tell to Nihn when you log on (Lumenique)
I've had no trouble logging on. Gemily is 14 now with all the buffs and heals to be useful in a group.
Hope to be doing some raiding at level 20, cant wait. Racing to 35 so I can get my dragon. ( I want, I want, I want) Tee hee
SO! is it better than EQ?
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
Gemily wrote:Knibble come join the clan. Send a tell to Nihn when you log on (Lumenique)
Not at the moment, I think it has promise if there were things changed. However, I don't really see that happening. Game control, in my opinion, is pretty retarded and clumsy. Perhaps I'm used to EQ but really being that fucking heavily mouse click dependant seems stupid. I really havent' seen raid content since I'm level 15 but the castle sieges seem interesting. Ninja looting possibilities seem endless at the low levels, pretty humorous. I guess I'd say this... Its a fun side show at the moment because its free. Unless there were some heavy changes in game control, server availability, and name filter to say a few... I wouldn't pay for it.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Dregor Thule wrote:How long does it take these yahoos to send an open beta serial code!
Over a week at least :) And the open beta slips by, no responce from CS either when they promise to reply next business day, looks like they did learn some things from Sony
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Pherr, I saw a post on Lineage's site saying if it was taking a week, to reapply, it shouldnt take that long.
Knibble
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knibble »

Well imo I can't say it's better than EQ.But I been playing many different games and not just focusing on one.
My Knibble on Seig is 8 almost 9.I been working long hours this past week so havent had time to play a bunch.Plus the server wouldnt let me on. :lol:
Knibble Megentlee
65 Prophet "Retired"
Keepers Of The Elements

Demma,Karelily,Knibble on Blackburrow(EQ2)
Plague of Darkness
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Psyloche wrote:
Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
Better than eq? No
But its a good substitute for EQ burnout.
We dont know yet how good raid content is, none of us are high level enough to find out.

(. Perhaps I'm used to EQ but really being that fucking heavily mouse click dependant seems stupid. I really havent' seen raid content since I'm level 15 but the castle sieges seem interesting. )

I dont move around with mouse clicks, I use the directional arrows.
Also, the high level dungeons and mobs look promising. Guess we have to level up and go see.

And I want to hatch my own baby Dragon :wink:
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Well in the brief period where I was on before I got disconnected and can't seem to reconnect, it was.. ehh. VERY poorly translated, haha. I was laughing at the "Soandso gives you 4 damage." Hey, thanks for the damage! The dialogue from the NPCs is pretty weak too, but I guess most people that played Lineage 1 weren't playing it for the dialogue. And holy crap the lack of customization on character looks was frightening! What was it, 5 hair styles, 3 colours, 2 faces for human male? Yeesh :)
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Hmmm dunno why you guys are having so much trouble getting on or staying connected, I've been playing all week just fine. And I play a lot.

Yea Dregor, not many options on your character's looks.

But on this game even melee can solo, so far, dunno about the higher levels . And every caster has some kind of heal. It's fun to ping pong the mobs, alternating between DD's and heals on each other. I'm having fun so far.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The game needs a major UI chat overhaul but there is a thread on the official developers forum discussing the UI that's over 300 posts long. Summarizing the thread, people want the UI EQ has. Basically, they are saying don't mess with something that's been close to perfected. It's ok to copy a good design and focus on other parts of the game.

The game designers are well aware of the huge discontent with the chat interface with multiple windows being the primary request.

The rest of the game has promise and I'd be nice to see what the raids are like. The early levels (1-20) are the same as EQ, kill kill kill, get money buy better armor and weapons with much better graphics and animation than EQ.

In the end, it's raid and the communication interface that is most important so I can't say Lineage2 would be a good alternative to EQ yet from what I've seen for guild level activities.

This game receives an F, while still fun, until I can cyber in it.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

*spanks Winnow*
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gemily wrote:*spanks Winnow*
That would move it up to a C! :twisted:
Gemily