Ninja Loot Lore

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ninja Loot Lore

Post by Seebs »

Funny how you can have great group after great group yet the bad things are what is burned in your long term memory.

Fortunately I have not had many ninja Loot episodes to discuss, but one stand out in my mind. In 1998 Marbus, Etain and Seeber were in Highhold camping the Charred Guardian Shield. This is an Eight Hour camp at times and the place was lousy with competing groups vying for the named Gnoll.

SOme guy, I forget the nema of the guy, but Marbus will remember, asked to join us for experience. We were members of Crimson Guard at the time and 'what the hell' lets bring the guy onboard and see if he's a decent lad and maybe we can extend him an offer to join.

30 minutes into the group the named gnoll pops and is immediately dispatched to death. So-and-so loots stand and leaves the group leaving only a small bag on the corpse.

WTF? This is before item linking, before any indication of what is on the corpse and who looted it.

We were livid. Marbus was cursing and /petitioning. Never ever seen him so mad. I rememebr that episode to this day and wish I could remember that asshole's name.

so, there you have it. Share your episode and please name the asshole that caused you pain.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Ainamaf and Erny, best ninja looters evah.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Can't place a name, but I remember around the time I first joined Farstorm, some jackass outside of the guild ninjalooted Narandi's head during Kroliatar's Ring War
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Forgot to say thanks for the head.
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

1998? Really? Wow... a year before EQ release....
Adelrune Argenti
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

told you seeber was old school!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Change your story to say "back during beta" Seebs and drop the reference to guilds as there weren't any in beta and you'll be fine! You can drop my EQ beta name Winnowill in your story for authenticity!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Spankes wrote:Ainamaf and Erny, best ninja looters evah.
Those two were famous for single incidents.. Baty on the other hand..
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

charred guardian shield drops in solusek's eye yes?!
Korell
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Korell »

Haha, was thinking the same thing Kyo. Yeah, Erny was a bitch motherfucker, still hate him to this day.
Korell
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Cracked Darkwood shield! That and the PGT were KSed from me so many times it wasn't even funny :(
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Seebs is a little off on the time and the loot but right about the place. Actually I don't remember the loot either or the guys name but I DO remember the incident. That was early summer 1999 I had started EQ about two weeks after release and was finally getting to the "lewt" mode as I was getting close to 20. Up until then I was pretty trusting, it's a "fun" "game"... I think that day changed all that :)

Marb
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

nothing like camping the PGT!!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

That was prolly the PGT camp.... there used to be wizards and mages that sat there invis and KS'd that mob... I camped that thing for weeks... after finally getting mine I felt uber....
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Also, HHK was the place that I learned what a train was.... and where I began my tuteledge in teh ways of teh superpull...
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Drinsic Darkwood wrote:Can't place a name, but I remember around the time I first joined Farstorm, some jackass outside of the guild ninjalooted Narandi's head during Kroliatar's Ring War
I remember that. Some like mid-40's druid or something. Can't for the life of me remember the name though.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

If you knew Shyness/Annabell or Haters was in the zone, you knew someting would be KS'd or ninja'd.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Dabasherr too
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Not even editing the dates .. its all a fucking blur. No idea of time anymore.

I remember marbus coming into work one day bellowing about how he just achieved a Shiny Brass Halbred and was working toward his Bone Bladed Claymore.

He was uber to me and I was in awe of him.

now he no longer plays .. a pity!
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

OG was raiding PoFear. I can't remember what the hell it was that dropped, but Soes came in and ninja'd it. That sucked really bad. But not bad enoug to remember the actual item I guess.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

probably something totally uber a Shiverhide Jerkin!!!!!!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Ransure wrote:Also, HHK was the place that I learned what a train was.... and where I began my tuteledge in teh ways of teh superpull...
HHK trains were nothing compared to the beauty of a good BB panic attack. Everything from the commander to the scrawy's used to get in there. Level 4 corpse losses, ahh the good ol' days
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Voronwe's pig hog looting is infamous. He's made many nervises HUGE.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Seebs wrote:I remember marbus coming into work one day bellowing about how he just achieved a Shiny Brass Halbred and was working toward his Bone Bladed Claymore.
I remember FoH ks'ing the BBC on a couple of occasions when a couple of LCX'ers were camping him for a few 2h users. Ahh, the not so good ol' days
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Man, it's been awhile since I've heard the name Trainamaf.

Brittney was a North ToV ninja'ing whoooooore! ;)
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

NToV on one of our first runs, a not so bright member named Tasteen, a wizard was the ninja looter. It was normal for her to be completly lost in a 6x6 room much less at a raid but she was innocently stupid or so it seemed. A pair of gloves droped from Lord Vemm that were just about every class but int caster usable and for some reason she was aggitated, so she loots the gloves and gates. She was deguilded on the spot, at one point she even tried to claim she didnt do it and had no idea what people were talking about. Ahhh good times :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lockjaw in Oasis was a big target of old school KSing.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:Lockjaw in Oasis was a big target of old school KSing.
I loved that fucking vest! Didn't he dropped the Uber Glowing Wooden Crook too. Masteen was fucking leet at level 13!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynxe »

It was a long time ago but I was hung up on this for a while. We took phinny down with 2 groups and he dropped the final piece I needed for my epic. "Gatto" from Farstorm was hiding invisable just off the ledge ninja-looted it and the GM said there was nothing he could do. Xtacidia from CT (at the time), wrote a letter to GM Wijdan(sp?) on my behalf and after some more investigation, the GM took the staff from Gatto and returned it to me.

At the time, it wasn't the loss of the item that bothered me so much, it was that someone would be so mean. Now I remember the incident fondly because of Xtac's support for a wee wizzie that barely knew her.

Much <3 for Xtacidia :vv_love:
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have
Cracc
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cracc »

New soes or old soes midnyte?
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Xtacidia got ninjalooted by a Farmstorm?! Fucking sweet. Wish I had screencaps. :lol:

it's been Xtac!!@!!!11!!
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Here is a name, actually I think the incident Seebs mentions was my second ninja'ed experience... this is the guy I really wanted to get back at...

Anyone remember... dare I say, DARE DARE... BATY?

and for those who do, do you know he came back almost immediatly after being banned as.... <???>

Marb
BeatSoggybiscuit
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by BeatSoggybiscuit »

I remember that bastard Baty, he KSed Garanel Mucktail from me like 5 times, I remember camping the PGT back in the day with my monk Galia, at one point Fameen came to help me and we still got KSed I think. I remember a char named Xeos, paladin I think, that said he was Baty's rl "brother" but i'm pretty sure it was Baty.

man, those were such fun times, haha
gav, undead rogue - hyjal
suppin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by suppin »

I'm with my old guild in ToV, about like a year ago and we're killing some shit and these gaunts drop. Mysttikal was awarded them, and so she proceeds to go loot and all of a sudden..

"Corpman has looted -gaunts-."

everyone was baffled, laughing in groups and shit because of what he did..

now me and mysttikal were good friends and she was furious, she was cursing up a storm in a private chat, and the rest of us were just trying to tell her that there would be more, they're crap, or whatever else you would say to someone to make them feel better.

So anyways, the guild (obsidian guard) was asking him in /gu why he did it..

"I had no idea, it didn't have any stats, i thought it was just junk"

was the funniest shit i ever saw in my life, i still laugh about it today..

"I didn't know you had to have faction if i knew that i wouldn't have wanted" "Faction, what's faction it has CRAP STATS I DIDN"T WANT" was basically what he was ranting until they deguilded him.

I believe a few days later he was re-guilded, i think by that time Myst and the others had left and shortly after it was gone.

on another note~ right before Fiends was tagged a guild, Corpman offered us some plat to help him do his "last" fight for the epic in skyfire, killin ragefire. So a group of fiends head out, ya know, set up the shit and are waiting for him to do the turn in, he didn't quite understand what they were waiting for and asked "What turn in? what do i do? how does it start" and some other stupid shit haha..

Drinsic and others will probably elaborate if they want, but lol we ARE talking about the guy who charges guildies for rezzes and buffs lol...

Funny shit, :rofl:
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

When I was around level 30ish some fuckstick named Anaeran ks'd me on Dragoon Zytl in West Commons.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Mekil and I ninja'd Aranuil's Dark Ember when he did his 8th Ring fight... Back when he was a warrior in his pretty-in-pink BP.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

What no ragefire ksing? :twisted:
Kasaz
No Stars!

Post by Kasaz »

Drinsic
Can't place a name, but I remember around the time I first joined Farstorm, some jackass outside of the guild ninjalooted Narandi's head during Kroliatar's Ring War
Was my first ring war I went on. After those 3 hours he ninjaed those two items. I believe he quit or got a name change though. Was pretty funny but if I remember correctly FS got their items back though witch was good though still was a pretty good ninja for only getting a warning. ( can't figure out that damn quote set up sorry Drin :? )
Monks don't see dead things.... they make them!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:
Winnow wrote:Lockjaw in Oasis was a big target of old school KSing.
I loved that fucking vest! Didn't he dropped the Uber Glowing Wooden Crook too. Masteen was fucking leet at level 13!
Yep! The Glowing Crook was the shit! You had to shell out 70pp for that thing at one point (shitload of PP back then) That big gnarled staff was so cool looking. This aint your daddy's puny Runed Totem Staff!
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Oh man that corpman story is one of the best that I have watched happen.

As far as asshats go, he could be moejojo's twin. I mean, if he was not already "Furor's brother".
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Never been KSed at Ragefire, but have been steamrolled, know plenty of people who been steamrolled, and only 2 guilds were involved in every single incident. Might as well have beeen KSing as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what Tinkle (or whatever the little fucks name was) or any other admin GM said. Quit dredging up bad memories :shock:
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Ransure wrote:Also, HHK was the place that I learned what a train was.... and where I began my tuteledge in teh ways of teh superpull...
And you learned well! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh god, and don't even get me started on Corpman....

ok, ok...here is a quote(picture an inept cleric wandering around KC when it was a hotspot when many of us were leveling in the 50's):

"You want these mobs?"
en kærlighed småkager
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

sarlen wrote:NToV on one of our first runs, a not so bright member named Tasteen, a wizard was the ninja looter. It was normal for her to be completly lost in a 6x6 room much less at a raid but she was innocently stupid or so it seemed. A pair of gloves droped from Lord Vemm that were just about every class but int caster usable and for some reason she was aggitated, so she loots the gloves and gates. She was deguilded on the spot, at one point she even tried to claim she didnt do it and had no idea what people were talking about. Ahhh good times :)
i remember saying something to the effect of, the next time you wanna deguild someone, wait till the loot is awarded.

she looted after she was deguilded.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

Tranquil Staff
not only do you have to camp a uncommon mob
not only does he spawn in different places
not only do you have to deal with other mobs includding shammies
not only do you have to deal with constant trains
not only do you have to deal with 7 other pullers
but then you have to deal with greedy fucking group members ninja-ing it! TWICE YOU FUCKSTICKS TWICE! GOD I HATE KC
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Karnor's trains owned. One of the most fun nights I ever had in the game was right after I hit 60.....me and Homercles were killing leftovers of the trains at the zone when Sylvos and another FoH come in and begin doing the same. It ended up that Sylvos and myself took turns trying to pull bigger and bigger trains to the zone and kill them while the normal KC retards did their /ooc whining about trains to the entrance.

I think he won for biggest pulls....seems mobs are attracted to the ranger gayness more than the rogue.
Wonko Wenusberg
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Wonko Wenusberg »

Baty was a true bastard! and his sidekick Margo :>
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I think Corpman changed his name to Paramedic or some gay shit like that. Either way both are complete fucksticks.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Paramedic , if that's who Corpman is, is trying to gain player faction with constant Virtue MGB's in POK.

Either that info is wrong, or the player has matured.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Cracc wrote:New soes or old soes midnyte?
Had to be Soes#2 or #3

Soes #1 wouldnt do that and neither would the present Soes.