??

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

??

Post by Xzion »

I was driving home yesterday and at a stoplight i saw a car with no less then 15 religious stickers on the back of his car promoting his church, going to hell if you get an abortion and all the rest of that good stuff
one of the stickers said
"Make GOD Laugh, Tell Him YOUR Plan"...anyone know what the hell that is supposed to mean? i couldnt quite understand what point someone would be trying to make with that statement
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

That sounds more like an anti-religion sticker than anything.
Fuck Michigan!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

I was thinking the same, but by judging all the fish and christian rock station stickers etc on his car it obviously wasnt
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

I think it's supossed to mean in his mind God makes all the plans, you just think you have control.

But then again...does the bible say that man has free will?

The dude is just stupid, and he buys equally stupid bumper stickers. I think you should find out where he lives and kill him.
-retired-
Kindo
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kindo »

Maybe someone equally amused by his collection of bible thumping bumper stickers decided to add one unbeknownst to the car's owner?
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

did he also have one of those witty one liners like "don't tailgate me or i'll flick a booger on your windshield?"
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

That would be a good joke, but I don't think that's the case.

A better joke is if the prankster had several bad bumper stickers, like "gay pride" or whatever, and then found one that would be a close match to a bumper sticker already there, and then cover the old one with a new one ;-)

I just have heard people say things like everything that happens is part of god's plan.

Of course that means sinning would be planned out by god and you had no choice in the matter.

So next time someone say that line kick them in the nuts...and then remind them that god planned that...and that must mean god hates them.
-retired-
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Pilsburry wrote: So next time someone say that line kick them in the nuts...and then remind them that god planned that...and that must mean god hates them.
lmao
yeah none of those dont tailgate me ones, you could tell this guy was a hardcore bible humper, still dont get it though :?
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

There was a book released a few years back by the former CEO of Burger King which was titled "If you want to make God really laugh, show him your business plan". It has to do with common mistakes corporations make and pretty much that any business "plan" that has been written out will be what won't happen to your business, etc.

The bumper sticker is possibly a play on the book, or vice versa (the sticker saying could have been around forever, I wouldn't know). It's likely a play on the thought that you can plan anything out and not have it influenced by unforeseen factors. IE - you plan to have a child by the age of 35, but god has other plans for you and makes you infertile, etc. Something like that.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Pilsburry wrote:I think it's supossed to mean in his mind God makes all the plans, you just think you have control.

But then again...does the bible say that man has free will?

The dude is just stupid, and he buys equally stupid bumper stickers. I think you should find out where he lives and kill him.
OMG!!1!11!

Best Pilsbury post, evAr!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

A buddy of mine has these kind of stickers on the back of his car. He's a church goer, but he's certainly no bible-thumper. He's convinced that the last guy most cops wanna pull over is some religious nut who'll try arguing his way out of a speeding ticket using scripture.

I use a radar detector, but to each his own.
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

nothing screams "I'm utterly insecure about my faith" like a fistful of tasteless my-god-can-beat-up-your-god bumper stickers
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Nuke a gay whale for jesus!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

masteen wrote:A buddy of mine has these kind of stickers on the back of his car. He's a church goer, but he's certainly no bible-thumper. He's convinced that the last guy most cops wanna pull over is some religious nut who'll try arguing his way out of a speeding ticket using scripture.

I use a radar detector, but to each his own.
being that you live in florida did he have a white toyota or honda sudan of some sort, wasnt really paying attention, might have been him!
damn im bored today

speaking of that i have 2 stickers on the front of my car saying i support the Windermere police department and donated money to them or something like it, for the same reason
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Psychos comes in many shapes and forms, I am gonna have to side wil Pils here, find him and kill him.

Classic one Pils, I nominate it for post of the week!
Fortune favors the brave!
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

It means that you have to control whatsoever. It's all in Gods hands. Try and tell him YOUR plans in life, and he'll laugh. It all in his will.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Yeah but like I said, if it's all god's will...kick the dude in the nuts, it's like a message directly from god.

In his world it translates to something like..."I (god) hate you and I just had this dude kick you in the nuts".

And if he tries to take a swing, remind him that god said to love your neighbor like your brother and turn the other cheek.

The bible is full of all sorts of useful crap.
-retired-
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

I like this whole idea of Bumper-Sticker Christianity. It makes my inclination to mock religion even more just than before.
wadana
No Stars!

you people scare me

Post by wadana »

Seriously you all need to take a chill pill, and stop bashing religion its not that bad of a deal.
you can ignore me for today but tommorow ill be back get used to it

reactivated lvl 33 Warrior
veeshan
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I still prefer the bumper sticker that reads, "If you're going to ride my ass, at least pull my hair." :D
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

If you get past the fact that most of what the church or bible says contradicts itself....

You still have the problem with the majority of believers being hypocrites.

But if you forget that as well...I guess I could ease up on them a bit, I mean it's not like they mock non-believers....they just tell me that when I die I'm going to burn in hell forever because I don't go to church and put money in thier plate.
-retired-
Melrin_Specclaster
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Melrin_Specclaster »

People use bumper stickers to share their lives. Whether its 'Bitch on Board' or whatever. To slam one group or another for doing it I would think is your own insecurity. Its like anything, dont like it, dont read it. Just because somebody wants to share their life shouldnt piss you off. They arent knocking on your door. Even if you dont agree, you should at least give them some credit (even if you dont agree) for being sure enough about their faith (when in reality most people these day are shakey) to share it.

I saw a bumper stick one day that said

'Go to work, 1 million people on welfare depend on you'

Some would laugh, some would be pissed off. Usually if something pisses you off, its because it hits home. No always, but seems to be often the case. If you truly do not believe in God, then a God bumper sticker shouldnt piss you off. If you do believe in God, then a God bumper sticker shouldnt piss you off. You can say the crap about 'cramming it down your throat' but if a bumper sticker gives you that feel, you have issues and are part of the PC bullshit going on in the US.
Coercer
Melrin_Specclaster
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Melrin_Specclaster »

As for the 'its all planned out bit'. I agree and don't. Taken to the extreme I don't agree. Just like some people say you can't drink. The Bible never says you can't drink. But take what the Bible does say to the extreme and thats what some people say. I think some people have a plan, or fate, or however you view it, but I think some is looser than others. We can live up to that, or not. I certainly would never accept I had no control of my life or that I havent met some dumbasses that surely had more fate than just to be a dumbass (crackhead/drunk/wife beater/etc) their entire life.

I will to some degree agree that some stuff in the Bible and some things at church dont mesh. I got fed up about 17 and stopped going because of things like this. People take religion to the over extremes (Islam for example, blast me for saying it I dont give a fuck) and try to force people to do this or that because thats how they interpret things. People need to think for themselves sometimes, but sometimes (esp when involving religion) they dont. If everyone read it the same, you wouldnt have so many factions of religion.
Coercer
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

I just scanned the responses but here is my take. If you think God's plan has room for improvement or is not fair etc, then why don't you tell him YOUR plan mr smarty pants.

Not looking to be flamed to the inner core of the Earth because of my religion or anything, just answering the question of this thread.
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

Melrin_Specclaster wrote:People use bumper stickers to share their lives. Whether its 'Bitch on Board' or whatever. To slam one group or another for doing it I would think is your own insecurity. Its like anything, dont like it, dont read it. Just because somebody wants to share their life shouldnt piss you off. They arent knocking on your door. Even if you dont agree, you should at least give them some credit (even if you dont agree) for being sure enough about their faith (when in reality most people these day are shakey) to share it.
I disagree, it is most certainly not "like anything". Put a bumper sticker on your car because your kid is an honor student at randomville elementary school. Put a bumper sticker on because you want the Padres to win the world series. But for fuck's sake DON'T put a bumper sticker on your car that tells people their faith/belief/religion is wrong.

Not much is sacred anymore. However, the theological philosophy I have built my life around is one of those things. To try and change that with a 25¢ bumper sticker is insulting. As if I haven't given enough thought to abortion already, your shitty one-liner slogan posted on your car isn't going to sway me over to your side of the fence. More often than not, I am going to feel you are a preachy dipshit and reflect the arrogant disposition right back at you.

Furthermore, I would argue that anyone who gets into a cock measuring contest in the form of condescending propaganda shoved in peoples faces is insecure about their faith. Religion isn't a contest, nor is it an election. If you alone are truly satisfied with your beliefs, it is enough. Don't try to impose them on everyone unfortunate enough to get stuck behind you in rush hour.
a_guide
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by a_guide »

My roommate and I went to McDonalds the other day and the car in front of us had a "Be Kind To Animals, Don't Eat Meat" sticker on it. We found that amusing, as the Happy Meals were being passed to them. :) *hugs* - a_guide

Edit: Had to fix my grammar, it was bothering me :P
Last edited by a_guide on September 10, 2003, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

If God did not want us to eat animals, he would not have made them out of meat. I could'nt resist, sue me.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

We learned by watching others....

It's not like we were "OMG that thing moving over there is probably so much better eatin' then this plant!"

Animals were eating meat in front of us from day 1. If there is a god, his plan obviously includes predatory animals, either that or he fucked up real bad.

Besides...didn't jesus turn water into wine loaves of bread into fishes etc? I mean wow....you had perfectly good vegetarian food, and he turned it into fish....fish are living beings also...well not the ones he "made", I assume those were dead. But it seems to be that even the bible promotes eating animals. Oh by the way by the same token he thinks drinking alcohol is cool also. But this is off topic a bit.
-retired-
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I'm still looking for the section that talks about sampling the fruits of little boys..
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Lol you are so wrong for posting that.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

I would like to get a bumper sticker on the back of my car that says "Your religion sucks" or "choose death" license plate with a picture of 2 dead kids on it though 8)