ESPN Fantasy Football

What do you think about the sports world?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

ESPN Fantasy Football

Post by Sylvus »

Is anyone else using ESPN for their FFL this year? If so, has their live draft worked for ANYONE? We had ours last night, it was totally hosed. It ended up crapping out in the 10th or 11th round. I am the league manager, so I suppose I'll just reset the draft and hope for the best. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a glimmer of hope that the same thing won't happen again, with the season being right around the corner.

If you haven't signed up for a league yet, and are planning on doing so soon, I'd recommend against ESPN this year.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I've done yahoo the last 3 or so years for football and baseball. Mostly because that's what my family/friends choose to use. But I won't lie that I use ESPN for my news and stat tracking ;)

Yahoo works rather well...the information provided to you just isn't as good. They charge for add on's in the free leagues...and the price for a pay league really isn't worth it, as their add-on's are mostly worthless.

Just random info for those of you thinking about joining a Fantasy league.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I too have used and am currently using for the VV League is Yahoo. I haven't had any problems with them in the past. One thing I don't like about it though is that you have to pay to have the up to the minute tracking that other services provide for free. Something I do like about it is that I use MyYahoo as my home page and my leagues are always available to me with ease.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I've used several different places for FFL in the past, and ESPN was always by far the best. Yeah, it was a bit more expensive but it was always worth it. If I wasn't using ESPN, I was always going to ESPN to check out their info. Unfortunately they redesigned the way their draft works, switched from Java to Flash, and I think they bit off more than they could chew this year. I'll let you know when the season's over if it ended up working out alright, at the moment I'm just a bit pissed but I'll still remain loyal to ESPN.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

We use webleaguemanager.com for our site. They are an excellent site but cost $100. This is the first year we are doing our draft online at their site, but it isn't until Tuesday so I can't tell you about that part. This year they added like 200 team helmets to choose from or you can import your own insignia which I like.

Our league has 10 teams and it costs $150/team. Winner gets $1k, the rest is divided between 2nd, 3rd, the site, and the commish.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I used Yahoo to screw around with a mock draft last night. The draft engine works very well. Nothing fancy but you can sort the players and stats several ways and the draft went very smoothly.

For my money league I'm using CBS Sports FFL. I personally don't like the look of the site but it seems to work ok and I won my league last year so can't complain. My draft is tomorrow night so I'll know soon enough how well the live draft works. I draft 10th on a 10 team league this year. (last place team drafts first this year on down to the first place team at 10)

Fantasy Football rocks if you love stats. I've played it for the past 15 years.