OSU Woes?

What do you think about the sports world?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

OSU Woes?

Post by Sylvus »

ESPN.com news services wrote:Tuesday, August 19
Updated: August 20, 10:25 AM ET

'I'm going to tell them everything I know'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Norma McGill, the former Ohio State teaching assistant who brought allegations of academic fraud involving athletes to light at the school in July, said an NCAA investigator is scheduled to speak with her on Wednesday in Lexington, Ky.

NCAA enforcement director Mark Jones contacted McGill and scheduled a meeting after McGill said she would not speak to an Ohio State committee looking into academic practices at the school, McGill told ESPN.com's Tom Farrey.

"He just wants to introduce me to the (Ohio State) panel," McGill said. "I'm going to tell them everything I know."

NCAA officials, who do not typically comment on pending infraction cases, were unavailable for comment Tuesday.
While I'd rather Michigan beat the full defending team from last year, this warms the cockles of my heart. :twisted:
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

This is latebreaking news. This has been going on for at least a month and a half or so.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Yeah, but I thought the fact that a TA was turning state's evidence, so-to-speak, was new news. Plus, we just got the sports forum yesterday and I'm trying to encourage discusstion. Thirdly, eat my ass you fucking buckeye. ;)

Cheers!

Go Blue!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

hehe :)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Alfan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Alfan »

...and it's getting worse. Now they're investigating Chris Gamble (two way stud) and a sophmore DB (Underwood). I personally believe this TA is off her fricken rocker, but hey, the investigation is BS anyway. Unfortunatly for the Bucks they have to cope with Claretts two backups being injured too (Hall and Ross). Oh well, Maurice will be back for Michigan and that's all that matters.

Ann Arbor is a whore!

-Alfan
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I see probation in OSU's future. Maybe even a title forfeiture. Eat a dick OSU.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Wont matter if they have to. Everybody still knows they beat every shitty team in the country last year.

Edit: You seem to have a thing for penises Masteen. Anything we should know about?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

ESPN wrote:Breaking News
Report: NCAA Suspends Clarett
Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett has received a multiple-game suspension from the NCAA, Columbus' WBNS-TV is reporting. The Columbus Dispatch reports he could be out for six or more games.
I've heard something about Jim Brown, who has apparently befriended Clarett, saying a few days ago that if the suspension came down and was more than a couple games, Clarett would probably try to test the NFL age policy or play in Canada for a year.

TT Ohio State

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Kelshara wrote:Edit: You seem to have a thing for penises Masteen. Anything we should know about?
I have one, and I'm very pleased about that!

Enjoy losing while Clarett rides the pine. It's just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

OSU announced today that Clarrett is going to get a "multi-game suspension". They also mentioned the suspension has nothing to do with the academics. He can practice with the team now, but the final number of games he will be suspended hasn't been announced.
I guess OSU will make a recomendation as to the number and then the NCAA will aprove it or offer a different number.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Bocc
No Stars!

Post by Bocc »

Yep, Clarett embellishing insurance claims and running his mouth off means the entire program is corrupt.

I think somebody is angry Miami got beat last year :wink:
Boccaccio Fat
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Watched the game again last night on ESPN Classics. Still a damn good game now!

Must admit I can't get over two things in that game:
1. How damn good the defenses played (especially OSU's).
2. How tough Krenzel is. That he got back up after some of the hits he took is pretty damn impressive.

Anyway.. can't wait for the season to start!
Alfan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Alfan »

While very good, Clarett is not an essential part of this Ohio State team. We have two other very expieranced tailbacks that are more than willing to pick up the slack in playtime. And big old Mikey Jenkins is ready to blow minds with his nasty skills at wideout ;).

Down but certainly not out~!~

-Alfan
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sabek »

Rumors hitting the papers here in Columbus, is that clarrett is going to be out for 6 games.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

2. How tough Krenzel is. That he got back up after some of the hits he took is pretty damn impressive.
Krenzel is great. He shrugged off sacks that looked painful all season long. I'm glad he is back this year, more so than Clarrett - who is a royal pain-in-the-ass despite being a good ball player.

I wouldn't be upset to see Clarrett flee to Canada because he doesn't like the way things are in the US. I'm sure he would be a very welcome addition to some Canadian team roster.

On the other hand, I'd like to see him challenge the NFL so he can be in the limelight where he wants to be and if he wins he can head up the the disabled player list of a pro team instead of mucking up the Buckeye roster.
- Ash