You are what you eat

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Kaluian_CT
Gets Around
Gets Around

You are what you eat

Post by Kaluian_CT »

After reading the info on the Taco Bell nutrition, I thought it would be fun to see just how bad fast food is,...and what item had the highest heart clogging potential.

(1.) Wendy's - Actually kind of a lightweight

http://www.wendys.com/w-4-3-1.shtml

At 570 calories and 12 grams of saturated fat, this Big Bacon Classic aint too shabby.

(2.) McDonalds - Universal Fast Food giant

http://www.mcdonalds.com/countries/usa/ ... index.html

At 760 calories and 20 grams of saturated fat, the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese certainly packs a punch. (For those of you in France, its better known as the Double Royale with cheese,..i guess)

(3.) Taco Bell - We all love to partake of the Mexican Roach Motel

http://www.yum.com/nutrition/tb/nutriti ... sp?GID=754

At 730 calories and 11 grams of saturated fat, what the fuck, I'll have 2 Grilled Stuft Beef Burrito's!

(4.) Burger King - Three words,....Flame Fucking Broiled

http://www.burgerking.com/Food/Nutritio ... &mt=1&dp=1

At a mighty 1060 calories and 22 grams of saturated fat, The Original Double Whopper with Cheese will pork your heart fast as about anything.

(5.) Jack in the Box - Commercials are genius

http://www.foodmaker.com/ourfood/dynami ... tion.php?b

The atomic bomb of fast food at a staggering 1120 calories and 28 grams of saturated fat, The Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger dominates the market for increadibly unhealthy American fast food !

Bon Appitite (sp)
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

Fast food is fucking sick.
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

Check out Papa Murphy's:

http://www.papamurphys.com/public/media ... _chart.pdf

At 480 Calories the Italian Calzone is the fattiest thing on the menu.

I usually just get cheese pizzas from there though, those are 270 a slice. Depends on how many slices you eat I guess. Sometimes I'll get Veggie Calzones and have 2 or 3 slices, they at 410 calories too!
Drewno
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drewno »

The average 'active' man burns 2800 calories a day
The average 'active' woman burns about 2500.
With that being said
Fuck fast food is bad for you.
I had a super sized #2 with a sprite today for lunch at mcDonald's....
That's um.....holy shit like 1400 calories =/
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Calories don't mean shit, generally speaking. What you need to be looking at is the amount of fat and carbohydrates in grams, and you need to consider whether they are simple or complex carbs. You also should be looking at the amount of protein in grams. Any moron can burn the calories...
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Let them bitches know Aranuil.
What?

Uno Dos Sparty
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Wonder what the calorie count is on a woman.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Akaran_D wrote:Wonder what the calorie count is on a woman.
You'll find out when you get married.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I think he was wondering about a human though.. I don't know what the fuck would marry him.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Yeah grilled stuft burritos are bad for you....but the regular tacos aren't. As a matter of fact I saw an article on that last month hold on a sec I'll get the figures...
Men's Health June 2003 page 46 wrote: "Eat this not that - at taco bell"

3 hard shell beef tacos with everything
510 calories
27g protein
39g carbs
30g fat (12g saturated)

1 grilled stufft burrito w/nachos
1080 calories
33g protein
108g carbs
58g fat (16g saturated)
So judging by the 3 taco figure I can assume per taco they are pretty low, and "w/everything" I assume means "supremes" which includes sour creme etc...I usually get them w/o that.

And true any moron can burn off calories, but a lot of morons don't. So you need to watch the calorie intake....it's hard work to burn off an extra 1400 calories you ate during the day.... I mean shit that's not even a full meal listed above....there is still the soda and a large soda is probably a good 200+ calories....unless you get diet like I do then it's 0.

I mean the double quarter pounder meal super sized with a regular coke....that's a hell of a lot of calories. Whether it's fat or not...the calories DO matter. They just matter even more if it's saturated fat.

I get on the cross trainer at the gym and get my heart rate up to like 180 pumping my ass off with sweat pouring off my face an hour later I burnt 800 calories? And that's way better than the treadmill or bikes in calories per hour.

And how many people at the gym even will do that for an hour at that intensity? And every day? Shit I bet most the people here don't go to the gym and if they do they do maybe 30 mins of cardio every other day....and not at that intensity level...were talking maybe 200-300 calories burned...every other day. That's not enough to counter a bad meal...let alone 6.

It's easier just to switch out some things.

I do a cross between cutting out some unecessary calories and particularly saturated fats....and working out. Unfortunately I haven't been to the gym in a little while because on friday I picked up something that weighed 400lbs and I pulled a muscle in my back...yes I'm retarded.
-retired-
Kudo
Gets Around
Gets Around

Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Post by Kudo »

Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger the worst of them!? :shock:
Hot damn !
Those things taste great...

Gonna have to slow down on them... :-x

So..much..cheese and bacon ! 8)
This disturbs me greatly..
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

To clarify 3 hard shell tacos is a lot better then a big mac and fries....which was my point. Normal meals at taco bell rarely have "side items". So when you compare what you eat for a meal at each place, consider that.

So for example my typical meal at McD's is the #1 supersized.

ITEM - CALORIES - FAT(saturated) - CARBS - PROTEIN

Big Mac - 580 - 33(11) - 47 - 24
Super Size fries - 610 - 29(5) - 77 - 9
Total #1 super sized - 1190 - 62(16) - 124 - 33

My typical meal at Taco Bell 3 hard shell tacos
Taco #1 170 - 10(4) - 21 - 8
Taco #2 170 - 10(4) - 21 - 8
Taco #3 170 - 10(4) - 21 - 8
Total 3 tacos + coke - 510 - 30(12) - 63 - 24

Oh yeah the 3 tacos had more dietary fiber also...I think the tacos were 3g each and the Big Mac was just 3 total.

So what it boils down to is at McD's you know your going to end up with fries, probably supersized.

And now we add the coke....
410 calories ALL SUGAR (aka carbs) for a supersize coke.

So if you go to taco bell and get a diet soda....you cut roughly 1100 calories out of that meal.....from 1600 to 510. That saves you a lot of time on the treadmill....and you should still be full.

I mean granted a salad would be better, or say a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread....but were talking stuff that most people get when they eat fast food.

I don't eat fast food as much as I used to since I work from home now...

I'm down to 167 from 187 in feburary when I quit EQ....I've also added some muscle mass...my target weight is 175...basically I want to transform 10lbs of fat into 15lbs of muscle and then I'm probably done. But that won't be easy.

Speaking of weight loss, toss out any old pictures of Kylere. Saw him a few hours ago, he lost 85 lbs.

While we are on the subject of health....I should mention some articles I read recently about having calcium in your diet increases the rate at which you lose weight. So that's one more reason you should get your RDA of calcium....if your lactose intolerant like myself, that should prompt you to get some calcium supplments. Mine were $6 for about a months worth at GNC.
-retired-
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

This is just the first article I found to back myself up....I have read maybe 5 articles over the past 2 months regarding calcium and weight loss.
Men's Health July/August 2003 P.46 wrote: The New Yogurt Diet
A new university of Tennessee study found that men who added 3 servings of yogurt a day to thier diets lost 61% more body fat and 81% more stomach fat over 12 weeks than men who didn't eat the yogurt. The secret is calcium. "Calcium helps the body burn more fat and limits the amount of new fat your body can make." says Micheal Zemel, Ph.D, the study author. Other recent studies back the finding: Teens in Hawaii with the highest calcium intakes were thinner and leaner than those getting less calcium, and a test comparing groups of mice yielded similar results
I think I saw something about calcium and weight loss on a cereal box recently even...so it's not like this is a big secret, but it was new to me a couple months ago and people reading this thread might want to know since it health related.
-retired-
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Damn pils you are putting some thought into this.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Here's the sickest shit ever to be called food....

Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Meat Lover's Pizza

Claories - 550
Total Fat - 29
Saturated Fat - 15
Cholesterol - 15
Sodium - 1500
Total Carb - 44

That's for one single slice

Considering most people will eat 3 (or more), you're looking at close ot 50 grams of saturated fat and over 1500 calories.

I'm glad I don't eat fast food more than once or twice a month.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Calories (and some carbs as well) are good for you if you exercise regularly.
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

Pilsburry wrote:So if you go to taco bell and get a diet soda....you cut roughly 1100 calories out of that meal.....from 1600 to 510. That saves you a lot of time on the treadmill....and you should still be full.

I mean granted a salad would be better, or say a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread....but were talking stuff that most people get when they eat fast food.
Wow! Thanks for the reseach Pils! You decided my lunch at taco bell today - though I went with 2 tacos instead of 3 ;) I NEVER FELT HEALTHIER EATING TACO BELL!

On another point.. a salad would not necessarily be better. Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad, for example, rings in at 590 calories, 34.5 grams of fat, 50 grams of carbs, 26g of protein. That's just marginally worse for you than 3 tacos from Taco Bell! Sandwich is debatable as better as well once you add in the amount of cheese, mayonaise, oil/vinegar combo, bread that is often used.
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Yeah even subway can be bad for you....
http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNu ... index.aspx

Those sandwiches under 6 grams of fat are the 6 inch ones not the foot long, but that was likely understood by most of us. What wasn't totally clear is the fact that it was w/o cheese or mayo or anything hehe. And it's only like seven sandwiches on that list...

I mean seriously what's the most popular sandwich there for most of us? I'd say amongst my friends the most popular is the "spicy italian" AKA BMT.

So Foot long BMT with 3 cookies...

3 cookies (chocolate Chip)
660 calories
30g fat (12 saturated)
90g Carbs
6g protein

Ouch...

The 12" BMT with fixings...bread hopefully included, but it might not have been....they had it listed seperate.
Sandwich detail: lettuce, american cheese, *light* mayo, spicy brown mustard, pickles, banana peppers, jalopeno peppers, salt, pepper, oregano..the cheese and mayo affected the sandwich slightly...the rest had relatively no impact.

1140 calories
65(24) fat (saturated)
100 carbs
50 protein

Total 12" BMT+3 cookies
1800 calories
95(36) fat (saturated)
190g carbs
56g protein

I used to add baked lays chips and a large diet coke to that......and think I was eating healthy because it was subway....

Now I make my own sandwiches.....turkey, whole weat bread, horseradish, white american cheese (1 slice). And either a banana or a granola bar.

Here is the bread 12" of italian bread....if it's not included this would be added to the already staggering picture..

400 calories
5(3) fat(saturated)
76g carbs
14 protein
-retired-
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Fuck, now I want a BMT.
-retired-
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

The only sub I will eat is

White Bread * I need extra white in my diet, cause holding everyone back is a lot of work.*

Roastbeef
Yellow Mustard *sometimes*
Black Olives
Vinager * is it a or e. or did i just fuck it up totally? .
Very little oil
Lettuce

Thats it. The people making mine try and make fun of me for how little I eat on mine. I just normally tell them to shut the fuck up cause I dont care. I cant stand 90% of the other crap they try and put on. Im just picky I guess.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Hey, the Big Mac is turning 35! Coincidentally, America is celebrating 35 years of heart disease being the most common fatal disease!
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

i'll be eating Jack's Bacon Bacon Cheeseburger until the day i die.

bacon in every fuckin bite. that's sex on a bun.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

vinegar.

its from french; it means "sour wine" (vin aigre), because it's made using a similar fermenting process.

so I guess it should be spelled vinager, but it's not!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Just in case you guys were all wondering,

Jersey Mikes>Subways>Quizno's>Blimpie's

And no, I didn't include some ma and pa deli as the best because its not a chain. And yes, I am aware that Jersey Mikes fails in comparison to <insert favorite local deli here>.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I like quizno's, but the last time I ate there my lunch wound up costing like seventy five thousand dollars, so I stopped going there.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Thanks Kyo :)
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Quiznos has maybe two subs on the entire menu that are even remotely good for you, and they are extremely overpriced.

The thing most people don't understand is that diet is not as important as diet + excercise. Depending on your level of activity, calories mean less and less. Personally, I normally go sans cheese, and light mayo on a turkey/chicken/roast beef/tuna sandwich on a wheat roll. I'm far more interested in how much protein a meal is giving me than I am in how many calories it has. I also make it a point not to eat anything that has more fat (g) than protein (g).

You can diet all you want, but if you're sitting on your ass, it won't mean much. Conversely, if you're excercising hard, you can pretty much eat as much as you want. Obviosly metabolism comes into play as well, but there are things that can be done to jumpstart your metabolism.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Grapefruit my dear lad, grapefruit jumpstarts metabolism.

As well as numerous things at GNC.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Aranuil wrote:...there are things that can be done to jumpstart your metabolism.
Seldom do you see a fat crackhead. :razz:
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Well, you know what he does with his cheeseburgers...
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

masteen wrote:
Aranuil wrote:...there are things that can be done to jumpstart your metabolism.
Seldom do you see a fat crackhead. :razz:
Yeah that too, but I was talking about eating smaller portions 5-6 times a day, never missing breakfast, that sort of thing.
Hiddukel
No Stars!

Post by Hiddukel »

I eat fast food every single day. #1 king size with an extra double cheeseburger and big king please

I've weighed 155-159 for all of the five years that I've subjected my body to food like this. I don't see the problem... yet.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Well, getting fat with fast food is really the least of your worries, because almost anyone can diet effectively.

Having your heart stop beating, or your arteries clogged, or developing diabetes are some of the other fun possibilities!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I eat at deli's almost daily. Actually most of my subs are very healthy save the cheese. Other than that, it's just meat and lettuce. So I really don't have to worry about bad arteries for a while at least.
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

I used to love McDonalds and Burger King but after a food poisening incident with me and my friend from McD's i have not eaten there lunch or dinner crap in about a decade. As far as BK i used to live in PA and heard enough sick crap that they did to there food to never eat another.

Taco Bell and Subway (depends on what ya get) is from what i heard in nutrition class the healther of all fast foods
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I think fat people are fat and skinny people are skinny not because of what they eat but just cause their body was built that way (well in general that is, I know a lot of people are fat cause they are lazy and eat a lot). Take me for example, I'm 5'10'' and 130 lbs yet I eat constantly every day and sit on my ass 5 days a week (2 days I actually go to the gym but that only started like 4 months ago and I was skinny before that too). If I go to taco bell I get 2 Steak Gorditas and 2 Nacho Cheese Chalupas...and ya know what an hour later I'm snacking on something again, like a bowl of ice cream or some shit like that, I JUST CANT GAIN WEIGHT, all that calorie bullshit is stupid.

If the average man burns 2800 calories a day, you still have to take in their body type, cause my RL friend who is 5'6'' and weighs 300 lbs prolly burns a shitload of calories a day, he is working and doing other things all day long, and he eats ALMOST NOTHING yet he keeps gaining weight, while I eat, eat, eat, sit on my ass, and look at porn all day and yet I am actually LOSING weight, I dropped 5 lbs in last 2 weeks, I dunno why!

To sum everything I just said up, its 2 AM ,I am fucking tired and I'm losing weight for no reason, and by the time I wake up in the morning none of this I wrote will make sense to me and prolly doesnt make sense to you now. Now I am gonna go to bed before I make myself look like an even bigger idiot by rambling on and on and making no sense. Kthxla night!
Kindo
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kindo »

Sirensa wrote:On another point.. a salad would not necessarily be better. Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad, for example, rings in at 590 calories, 34.5 grams of fat, 50 grams of carbs, 26g of protein. That's just marginally worse for you than 3 tacos from Taco Bell!
The majority of that is the dressing. If you want specific details I can get them for you, just thought I'd throw that out.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Aranuil wrote:Well, getting fat with fast food is really the least of your worries, because almost anyone can diet effectively.

Having your heart stop beating, or your arteries clogged, or developing diabetes are some of the other fun possibilities!
My God you make fast food sound like Russian roulette.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Umm Pilsburry a BMT is NOT a Spicy Italian so quit half informing people, Spicy Italian is 6 slices of Pepperoni, 6 Slices Salami, 2 slices of Provolone on a 12 inch bread. BMT has a third again as much meat. Then add to that why the fuck would you eat three cookies on top of a 12 inch sub like that? Hell the meal deal is only 2 cookies and that is excessive. You are best off sticking to the Spicy Italian, no mustard mayonaise and all that jazz, no damn cookies, and get unsweetened Ice Tea. Entire Meal around 725 Cals.

As for those that say calories are not important, and the incredible dumb fucks that think any inbalance diet ( Atkins for example) are worth a fuck they are utterly clueless.

Pick a balanced low cal diet with reasonable fat, and you will be good.

I lost 80lbs in 4 months by doing a 1000-1200 calorie a day diet. And have been stable for a month at the current weight.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

Aranuil wrote:Quiznos has maybe two subs on the entire menu that are even remotely good for you, and they are extremely overpriced.
i never knew fast food was supposed to be good for ya :)

it´s fast , it comes with a napkin, no washing up ,you can get fries with it, you can get at a drivethrough and toss the remains into a garbage can when you´re done.

fruits, dark bread with veggies on them, oj , cider or water = da good healthy snacks/quick meals
Rasspotari
Rogue
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:I think fat people are fat and skinny people are skinny not because of what they eat but just cause their body was built that way (well in general that is, I know a lot of people are fat cause they are lazy and eat a lot). Take me for example, I'm 5'10'' and 130 lbs yet I eat constantly every day and sit on my ass 5 days a week (2 days I actually go to the gym but that only started like 4 months ago and I was skinny before that too). If I go to taco bell I get 2 Steak Gorditas and 2 Nacho Cheese Chalupas...and ya know what an hour later I'm snacking on something again, like a bowl of ice cream or some shit like that, I JUST CANT GAIN WEIGHT, all that calorie bullshit is stupid.

If the average man burns 2800 calories a day, you still have to take in their body type, cause my RL friend who is 5'6'' and weighs 300 lbs prolly burns a shitload of calories a day, he is working and doing other things all day long, and he eats ALMOST NOTHING yet he keeps gaining weight, while I eat, eat, eat, sit on my ass, and look at porn all day and yet I am actually LOSING weight, I dropped 5 lbs in last 2 weeks, I dunno why!

To sum everything I just said up, its 2 AM ,I am fucking tired and I'm losing weight for no reason, and by the time I wake up in the morning none of this I wrote will make sense to me and prolly doesnt make sense to you now. Now I am gonna go to bed before I make myself look like an even bigger idiot by rambling on and on and making no sense. Kthxla night!
how old are you ash ?

the "just built that way" is 99 % bs, it´s how old you are + what you eat + how often you eat + how much you move(exercise). that will determine your weight.
Rasspotari
Rogue
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Yeah, it's been proven that multiple small meals are better than 3 large ones because your metabolism remains elevated.
i'll be eating Jack's Bacon Bacon Cheeseburger until the day i die.

bacon in every fuckin bite. that's sex on a bun.
Better hope you do because if you live through the pain of a heart attack, you'll have to revise that statement. You'd be amazed at the about face people do once they feel that pain.

I can only take fast foods in very small doses anymore, and even then it's only taco bell, bk, or wendy's frostys. Anytime I eat a big mac or most anything from McD's, I get knocked on my ass about an hour later. I was a division 1 miler in college so I don't burn anywhere near as much any longer. I basically put on about 30 pounds from my racing days bewteen 22 and 27. I've held steady for the last 6 years after re-evaluating what I put into myself.

Ohh, and that pizza hut shit, I still cannot understand for the life of me why people go to pizza huts when there's real pizza joints on every fucking corner. I think I nearly puked the first time I saw that cheese in the crust commercial.

Edit: and nothing can prepare you for the SICK calorie/fat amounts in those coffee/cream frozen drinks, aka coladas and the like
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Rasspotari wrote: the "just built that way" is 99 % bs, it´s how old you are + what you eat + how often you eat + how much you move(exercise). that will determine your weight.
Actually, it's not. Everybody has different a propensity to burn fat just as someone can run faster or jump higher or can become body builders. Exercise and diet play a large role but identical exercise and diet plans effect each person differently. You probably think it's bs because you think that everyone who's overwieght is lazy or that you never had an issue w/ weight or you're just too young to understand how a body works and changes over the years.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

There was a study done a year or two back when they took a group of thin people and a group of fat people and gt them to swap diet and excercise regimes.
Funnily enough the fat people got thin and the thin people got fat.

Metabolism disorders affect only a tiny tiny minority.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Well I know a set of identical twins, who are radically different on weight ( looks like a 60lbs difference on identical height. One is in shape the other is dramatically out of shape. So It can be a factor of personal choice ( lazy v. exercise, conscious consumption v. constant consumption). BUT there are people who are wired to be heavier and others who are wired to be lighter. It has a lot more to do with Nature than Nurture, because you often see families with a wide variant of weight ranges in their children who were all raised by the same standards.

All in all some people are Fat because they are lazy motherfuckers and some are fat because they are inclined to be. However the inclined to be group can overcome it, just never with the same level of success as a person genetically set to be thin. People in shape who have to kill themselves jogging and eat next to nothing to stay that way are suffering, and people that eat anything they want and stay rail thin are not.

I have been trim/athletic and fat/lazy at different times in my life. Currently I am in the middle mode, running in the 250's ( I am 6'4 though) and not suffering greatly in terms of diet or exercise. But if I let slip my conscious control over intake for even a day I gain weight rapidly.

Do I think fat people deserve a break? Hell no, I know weight can be controlled regardless, and it is just pathetic to let it go. I have and it was pathetic, and I have no sympathy for fat people. No reason to have sympathy, they do not need support in their habits.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

ash is 16yrs old...and has the metabolism of gay cheeta
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kylere wrote:As for those that say calories are not important, and the incredible dumb fucks that think any inbalance diet ( Atkins for example) are worth a fuck they are utterly clueless.

Pick a balanced low cal diet with reasonable fat, and you will be good.
Calories aren't important to me. If anything, I don't get enough of them.

As far as saying that the Atkins is worthless, I agree, and I disagree. The principal that Atkins came up with roughly paraphrased is:
People eat too many carbs, and the carbs they eat are the wrong kind.

This is 100% true. Where the fucking idiot took the Atkins diet which roughly paraphrased is:
Eat NO CARBS, but eat as much Protein and Fat as you want!

Is just fucking ludicrous. The long-term health detriments to such a diet haven't really been studied yet, and even if you pay no attention to that aspect of Atkins, you still have a diet that really only works for people who are sedentary.

Ash, if you're 16, you likely have nothing to worry about, but if you can, you'd be better off eating more healthily. For day to day shit it doesn't matter, but if you want to excel at any kind of sport or excercise, you'll find that the type of food you've been eating won't do it in the long run.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

But here I am to quote another recent study (recent in the last few weeks).

They found the Atkins diet to be more effective than other diets over the same timeframe, with no real health risks as the "no carbs, all fat+protein" stage is only the first 2 weeks then you reintroduce balance.
Carrying it on past the 2 week stage would prolly cause you problems, sure.

A couple I know tried it out and the effects were remarkable.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

vn_Tanc wrote:But here I am to quote another recent study (recent in the last few weeks).

They found the Atkins diet to be more effective than other diets over the same timeframe, with no real health risks as the "no carbs, all fat+protein" stage is only the first 2 weeks then you reintroduce balance.
Carrying it on past the 2 week stage would prolly cause you problems, sure.

A couple I know tried it out and the effects were remarkable.
Oh you can absolutely lose lots of weight on the Atkins diet. The problem in my mind is that after you've lost the weight, you really should switch back to a sensible diet, and you really should excercise otherwise you're likely to be doing the Atkins again in a year or so. Atkins definitely works, my concerns are the long-term effects and that it's not a diet that an active person should really even consider.
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

I think I'm gonna be sick now :(
I only know that my whopper-a-day diet during this past winter cost me 5 extra lb, but didn't realize how much calories I was chomping down :shock: Thanks for enlightening me!

WTF am I suppose to eat for lunch now? I don't particularly like salads, I'm not a rabbit god damnit :evil: