You are what you eat

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Um, what are you saying?

Are you saying the desert storm syndrome was a reaction between aspartame and something else over there?

Because if your saying it's solely responsible I have to ask why it's not happening to people who were not at desert storm more often.

And if your saying it was some reaction between aspartame and another agent found in the middle east....like a biological agent....I generally try and steer free of biological agents...with or without my diet soda.

It is intresting info tho.
-retired-
Ceffin
No Stars!

heh

Post by Ceffin »

Im 16, 6' and 195 at the moment. Im trying to gain weight at the moment - but let me give you my personal experience..

im a pretty big boned kid,etc etc. I used to be chunky(not overly fat) and i wanted to be skinny soo i drank water, ate soup,bread, ran and exercised. When i had sugar cravings id eat an apple or a banana or another type of fruit, and i tried to eat as many vegetables/fruit as possible. At school i used to bring 2 apples everyday so i didnt have to buy school food..one because i was too lazy to wait in line ( it took a good 30min to get your food) and the other because it was easy, and made me feel healthier. I'd eat one at lunch and the other at the end of school - when i came home i'd have a little snack or what not. Normally with school id have a slice of pizza or 2, a coke, and when i came home i'd eat like crazy. I love eating and i love food :) I went from 165 or so to 155 and i was the skinniest ive been in my life albeit disproprotinate - haha, I have huge legs/calves/ankles and a ghetto booty as well (im a guy btw =p). Anyways i had played 5 years of football and i didnt play one year cause i got bored with it, but after seeing my team play I wanted to get back into football

Onto gaining weight...
I went from 155(last october) to 195(now) in about 7.5 months - to show you how easily i gain weight. Ive been working out with the team since january or so and ive gained muscle mass ( went from 135 max bench to around 215 -220 now..we havent maxed out yet in our workout cycle)
My target weight is to get around 210 215 and then work on that 6pack of abs - right now im not fat a little love handles but nothing to cry about, I dont have a 6pack but im not focusing on that at the moment im focusing on gaining weight and muscle mass to be a more effective linebacker - not looking better for the ladies =P

So I dunno ive just been rambling on - but my point was - its easy to manage your weight and do what you want with it to an extent - but you need proper diet and you have to exercise/lift to get there, and stay committed. Its a lot about committment and self discipline
Ceffin/Snugs/Nariss/Flabber
Hottubs/Woodysunshine/Baboonassred on wc3
Retired
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Basically, it was diet soda that was drank by our soldiers during desert storm obviously contained aspartamine.
What the theory is, is that the aspartamine turned into poision akin to famaldihyde (sp?) due to the temperature the soda reached.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Also to Ceffin:

Bro, it is not that easy. Some people do not have the will you do to lose weight or gain it.
Some people find it simply impossible, regardless how much they eat/abstain.
Honestly though, I know losing weight is not easy, especially when you are a food fan. My hat goes off to you.
Work on your six pack. Damn it that pisses me off, I have eternal washboard stomach, very little muscle buldge but hard and flat. I can do 300 scrunches (more situps, likely) in repetition, but another 'fuck you' from my genetics when I want to have those muscles show.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

My genetics says every damn lb of excess weight will sit directly on my stomach.

I can do 500 crunches in a row....1000 easy over the course of a workout if I choose to do so (I usually don't bother). But you can't see a single stomach muscle....I'm 5'10" 165lbs.

Now I am lucky in that I have a strong back and calves and lats and triceps..I can max all the machines on the gym like as soon as I started working out....and my stomach has endurance but no definition.

My chest and biceps don't develop well, never did...and since lifting heavy amounts with those often messes up my neck injury they probably will never be the size I want. I'm just happy I can do crunches again...that used to mess my neck up also.

as for the aspartame...formaldyhyde causes cancer, I didn't know it had other side efects. I used to work with corpses and they told us the reason they were so pink was formaldyhyde causes cancer so they used new stuff now.

You would think diet soda sitting around on loading docks in atlanta (where Coke is made) and in the back of semi's would hit a fairly high temperature as well here state-side. I see them sitting right out in the sun in florida at gas stations....I think they need to re-work thier theory. The Middle East is hot....but it's not that much hotter then many places in the rest of the world...and people probably drink diet soda in the middle east all the time that weren't US soldiers. As well as places that might be even hotter.
-retired-
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Hello,

I did the Desert Shield/Storm thing, and I think those complaining are a bunch of whiny bitches brought up watching too many ambulance chasing lawyer commercials and wanting to be taken care of for life without working anymore.

Bad enough half the people born from 1950 until the present are already doing that.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I did the Desert Shield/Storm thing, and I think those complaining are a bunch of whiny bitches brought up watching too many ambulance chasing lawyer commercials and wanting to be taken care of for life without working anymore.
Yeah, that's what they get for drinking diet soda in the first place. Ha ha! What kind of wimps are our military anyway who drink diet soda. You think if Patton were alive today he'd be drinking diet soda? Hell no. Nothing but real sugar / fructose for him, baby!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Aslanna wrote: Yeah, that's what they get for drinking diet soda in the first place. Ha ha! What kind of wimps are our military anyway who drink diet soda. You think if Patton were alive today he'd be drinking diet soda? Hell no. Nothing but real sugar / fructose for him, baby!
Patton strikes me more as a "Coffee, black" kinda guy. Harder for teh commies to slip in mind control chemicals...
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Do the troops get to pick to drink soda or is it like "issued"....

I'd rather drink gatorade under those conditions.....won't give you the shits, and it hydrates better...even though it has a lot more calories then diet soda....(propel wasn't out for desert storm)
-retired-
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

The military does not give out soda to the troops in the field. For meals we are given milk, coffee, and some kind of watered down juice or kool-aid.

Thank god for coffee although the stuff in the military can be some vile shit at times. I couldn't have functioned without my daily ration in the morning.

Deward
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

So how could troops drink more diet soda than the people in Kuwait so that they would get sick?

I mean if they were not rationed any, it must have come from local stores, stores which the locals have shopped at for years.
-retired-
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: You are what you eat

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Omg, holy necro, right?

If anyone from back in old VV is still around, I'm 23 now and still weigh 140 lbs while eating everything I want. When does my metabolism slow down?!?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Omg, holy necro, right?

If anyone from back in old VV is still around, I'm 23 now and still weigh 140 lbs while eating everything I want. When does my metabolism slow down?!?
About 25.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

~35
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Early 40s :(
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

4 years ago, i had a decent physique, but crappy diet, age and no excercise took it's toll :D

Who cares? MK9 is released soon!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

For me, it was late 20s. I'm 37 now.

Exercise and beer is the way to balance.
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I didn't drop off until around 32ish. I had a (light) 6 pack in my 20's and a 32" waist. I have a little gut now, and rock a 36" wastline. I still have a pretty amazing metabolisim though. It takes very little effort for me to drop weight when I put mind to it.

I would like to be in shape again. Rumor has it that my hospital's gym is going to be open 24/7 soon. I'll start hitting the gym after hours (around 11pm) and be a down to my fighting weight by fall. My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs. We shall see. Working out that late will only intefere with my video game and jack off time, but I'm sure I'll work those in somewhere else!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I do 30+ minutes of something 5-6 days a week, cardio Mon-Wed-Fri. Walking\hiking\biking\kayaking-fishing fills in.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I drop weight when I'm too lazy to go restock my food supply at Costco. I dropped 5 pounds over the past few weeks by simply being too lazy to go buy food. You can be lazy and lose weight at the same time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Maybe drop that diet soda and reach for some water, as two new studies presented at the American Diabetes Association's Scientific Sessions in San Diego say you're not doing yourself a favor with diet soft drinks.

According to Science Daily, one study from the School of Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio showed data that drinking diet sodas is associated with increased weight circumference. The other says aspartame raises blood sugar in diabetes-prone mice.

"Data from this and other prospective studies suggest that the promotion of diet sodas and artificial sweeteners as healthy alternatives may be ill-advised," said Helen P. Hazuda, Ph.D., professor and chief of the Division of Clinical Epidemiology in the School of Medicine. "They may be free of calories but not of consequences."

Diet soft drink users, as a group, experienced 70 percent greater increases in waist circumference compared with non-users.
Ha. Silly diet soda drinkers.

Link
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Skinny people don't drink soda maybe?

Seems a lot like "why don't they market exercise clothes for fat people?!" whine I've heard a number of times.