Progress after 2 weeks

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Progress after 2 weeks

Post by vn_Tanc »

So how's it going for everyone?

Werner's shaping up nicely. After a week of solid TR domination the Vanu are now a well organised, tenacious opponent and have been edging us out of the daily wins. NC seem to have vanished in a puff of whine. I guess they all took the week off waiting for the TR MAX adjustment to go in. I appreciated the change from "Fucking Jackhammers" to "Fucking Magriders" being my most frequent utterance.
I'm also seeing a little less zerging but that might be because I consciously avoid it. As more people get more certs I'm seeing a greater variety of vehicles on the battlefield (I saw a Thresher the other day!!!! Some fecker KSed it while I was reloading my Striker tho ;p) and we now have <90% of the population with Reaver cert which is nice :)

As for my personal advancement, well, what with working more hours than I would like and having lots of demands on my weekend time I've managed BR14, CR2 and have Med Assault, Anti Vehicle, Reinf EXO, Hack, Adv Hack, AMS and Harrasser certs. A nice, jack-of-all-trades, BattleHacker setup. With my trusty Cycler/Striker combo I can kill just about anything on the battlefield as long as it stands still long enough. I dunno how anyone lives without Adv Hack :)

Still having a blast. You?

Edit: I'm using Audio Amp and Regen implants. Both are EXPROIT!
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Had a 38 kill run the other day.

<3 sniping
Bujinkan is teh win!
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

By far, my favorite thing to do is jack vehicles. I love finding something new to take. I have no certs in vehicles yet so if it isnt an AMS, I jack it and deconstruct it. Last night, I ended up finding a TR pilot trying to repair his Reaver. I snuck behind him, killed him and then jacked the reaver. Such fun.

I am on a scavenger hunt. Looking to jack at least one of each vehicle.
Adelrune Argenti
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Zamtuk > Oaken
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Yeah yeah I know you are. But I also play 999Ping. I suck at both but at least I am consistent.
Adelrune Argenti
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am enjoying racking up Reaver kills. Sitting on a hillside anchored down with Vailex shelling out AA fire on the 8 billion aircraft that are coming is teh win. You do not want to be in the air if there are 2 or 3 AA MAX units from TR throwing flak into the skies at that kind of rate. Reavers were exploding before they could fly across the base at full afterburner speed.

And yes...the Cycler/Striker combo shall be our best chance of survival. Hopefully someday they will nerf the Lancer and Jackhammer into something that is not ridiculous.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

aaah, let vs have their lancer. It's not like they have a lot to be happy about.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

I had to start completely fucking over cuz those JACKASSES at SOE fucked my biilling info up, Boy am I pissed...but I started a new char and got to 6 in a few hours, Did the cycler/striker combo and Im having a blast with it. Gonna get a buggy then hacking and Im set.

2 More hours of work.... . blech. Save me a spot fuckers, I got some catching up to do!
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Well, after my first week, Ive just dropped my reaver cert and picked up the Mosq to check it out... I suck a bit too much at my reaver flying to continue with it. I will say Im loving this game much more than I thought I would... never been a big FPS person, but I really like the options this game presents...

BTW, 4hrs till Im home here, you mofo's best save me a spot... I should hit BR9 tonight..
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Acies wrote:Had a 38 kill run the other day.

<3 sniping
The VR Shooting range does not count toward your 96 kill total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aranuil wrote:
Acies wrote:Had a 38 kill run the other day.

<3 sniping
The VR Shooting range does not count toward your 96 kill total.
><

It was actually on Solsar, against your oh so intelligent nation of Terrans who failed to locate me until I dropeed down because I ran out of sniper ammo, and then it took them 10 kills to finally get me.
Bujinkan is teh win!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I don't believe you.

Edit: And before you go running off at the mouth about how I'm being mean or whatever... Look at the names of those who are in my outfit, and look at where they're placed on the kills list. I've squadded with people who get a lot of kills, and I have never seen anyone get 38 kills in a row with any weapon, in any situation.

PS. Using the 7 day free trial account with a second box, and killing that player as they respawn with your primary player DOESN'T COUNT EITHER.
Last edited by noel on June 9, 2003, 7:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Oh believe it. I can even show you the spot I was at on Solsar if you want next time I am on.
Bujinkan is teh win!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Dude, just stop talking out of your ass. Is that really that hard to understand?
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Hey I sometimes go 38 deaths before I get a kill. Erm, ok I suck.
Adelrune Argenti
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Did you start playing Terran? Maybe you were the one Acies was killing... :roll:

BTW, if anyone believes Acies, please post here in this thread stating you tihnk he's telling the truth, and not completely talking out of his ass.
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

I was kidding about me dying 38 times in case you didnt know.

Anyways, not saying I believe him but he could have another character we dont know. I see him as Acies from time to time but who knows. 38 kills does sound a bit excessive as a sniper and without dying. Unless he was sitting and killing the same fools coming out of a tower in the middle of nowhere. I have seen some pretty stupid people.
Adelrune Argenti
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

With all due respect to you Adelrune, I don't care what character he has, he did NOT get 38 kills in a row. I don't care if his alt. is Kidriot. I group with sugZ, and Salis all the time, and they get an incredible amount of kills, but they don't get 38 in a row.

The bottom line is that he might not be lying, but he sure as hell wasn't actually keeping track of his kills.

Again, I'm waiting for anyone to step up agree that Acies got 38 kills in a row.
Humfrey
No Stars!

Post by Humfrey »

I don't know about that many, but I have killed 20 sniping before my spot was found out by a max and I was summarily obliterated. That was a one time thing though. I can usually cap 10 or so before I am found out, if I stay in one position.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Keep in mind, that is nearly half of his kill total, and he's been playing for at least one week.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aranuil wrote:Did you start playing Terran? Maybe you were the one Acies was killing... :roll:

BTW, if anyone believes Acies, please post here in this thread stating you tihnk he's telling the truth, and not completely talking out of his ass.
If you knew shit about me bro, you would know that truth is one of the most important things to me. I do not lie, ever. That being said,

I do not need nor care for your validation. It happened, regardless if you think it did or not. I would not have minded explaining my "kill" record, however you chose to be rude so you may find your own answers.
Bujinkan is teh win!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I don't need my own answers.

You're the one running your mouth. If you run off at the mouth here, I'm going to call you on it. Unless you can show me film of you doing it, I say you're full of shit.
  • Statistically speaking, it's possible.
  • With consideration given to your kill count, and time played, it's highly unlikely.
  • Finally, based on my observations of exceptional players, your assertion is incredulous.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

So much H8.... this game is all the vault needed to be brought back to its original glory!
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aranuil wrote:Edit: And before you go running off at the mouth about how I'm being mean or whatever... Look at the names of those who are in my outfit, and look at where they're placed on the kills list. I've squadded with people who get a lot of kills, and I have never seen anyone get 38 kills in a row with any weapon, in any situation.

PS. Using the 7 day free trial account with a second box, and killing that player as they respawn with your primary player DOESN'T COUNT EITHER.
Frankly, I am well away from the plausiblity that you are anything but an asshole when you do not have to face someone bro. Trust me, there is no assumtion that you are decent when you get to hide behind a monitor, thus you won't likely see that "you're mean" reaction again. ;)
I do look at your kill list, and I am impressed. I am also wondering how the hell you are only BR13 with over 1k kills, but /shrug
Usually, that kind of experience (10exp) comes from being squaded and camping an AMS terminal while morons respawn there, or I imagine something else.
At least all of my kills give me over 100exp due to the fact I have squaded three times.
That being said, I think it is more plausable that you would know what killing another character on a boxed account over and over is considering a) your high kill count yet relatively low BR and b) you brought the idea up to me. Too bad I already gave my trial thingie to a friend.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Acies, you see his command rank? Naw prolly not.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Eh, I've had 40+ kills in a row without dying. But then that was my buddy and me in our Vanguard beating the shit out of a half squad of TR at a single tower. Poor bastards couldn't figure out how the five of them could take out a Vanguard.

They finally gave up and recalled after 90 minutes of getting their asses owned by a 150 mm cannon and two engineers who could repair their Vanguard.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I will happily tell you to your face, that you are full of shit Acies. That doesn't make me 'not nice', or someone who hides behind a keyboard/monitor. You're full of shit.

That almost sounded like you were accusing me of cheating, but that couldn't be right...

Tell you what. I will put my account up against anyone who wants to accuse me of cheating. If you can prove it, or have someone at SOE say that I did, I will delete my account, or give it to you. Whichever you prefer. However, when the investigation is launched, and I am found innocent (because I've never cheated in Planetside), you have to delete your account.

If you're willing to take that challenge, have at it Acies. If I had wanted to be BR18-19, I would have been. Instead I've been taking CEP since day one. Given that I'm BR13, with only experience from my kills, and that of my squad, and the extremely rare occassions when I've not been a squadleader, feel free to be taken aback... or something... it is after all, just a game.

Vaemas, that I would almost believe, but my team would have been all over you with Strikers and Decimators. Vehicles don't last long around Avestan, Salis and Sarcasm.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Avestan wrote:Acies, you see his command rank? Naw prolly not.
Actually I didn't, and stand corrected... but boy then this:
I will happily tell you to your face, that you are full of shit Acies. That doesn't make me 'not nice', or someone who hides behind a keyboard/monitor. You're full of shit.

That almost sounded like you were accusing me of cheating, but that couldn't be right...

Tell you what. I will put my account up against anyone who wants to accuse me of cheating. If you can prove it, or have someone at SOE say that I did, I will delete my account, or give it to you. Whichever you prefer. However, when the investigation is launched, and I am found innocent (because I've never cheated in Planetside), you have to delete your account.

If you're willing to take that challenge, have at it Acies. If I had wanted to be BR18-19, I would have been. Instead I've been taking CEP since day one. Given that I'm BR13, with only experience from my kills, and that of my squad, and the extremely rare occassions when I've not been a squadleader, feel free to be taken aback... or something... it is after all, just a game.

Vaemas, that I would almost believe, but my team would have been all over you with Strikers and Decimators. Vehicles don't last long around Avestan, Salis and Sarcasm.
Yak yak yak. Actually Aranuil, you really fooled me one way or another. You see when I met you at FF, I really liked you. You were polite and friendly. Here you are a dick, straight up. Now, mind you if you do not believe me, who cares? I don't, and honestly you could have let it go at "I don't believe you".
Instead you chose to try and get other people to side with you (Standard, what we call "Bitch" move) instead of being confident in your stance. In fact, I would have been happy to walk you through exactly where I was positioned that allowed me to live and how I relocated had you but asked me how without straight up being an ignoramous.

But no, I won't take your equally "bitch" challenge. Even if you did have two accounts, that would not be cheating. Also, how would I find that out?
No, you know all this and in fact your bitchery saddens and suprises me.
Tell you what, if you really want to have a go at it, cool. How about a one on one, whomever finds and kills who first wins?
Then, whomever wins decides the fate of his opponents account.
Hell we could even do it live in the field during normal game play, if I didn't think you outfit would help you at their earliest opportunity, if they did spot me. Or would they?

Aranuil, as for cheating, who knows? I think that anyone who would call someone a liar without seeking proof is seeking to hide something about himself. Frankly, I did not lie. I had a great run of killing people instead of being mowed down by max's and then forced to hack some long distant base for 5k and hope noone with darklight implant came. As of now, though, I do not put anything past you, including cheating. You lack ethics and manners here, and frankly it is only a matter of time before that spills out into games and even life.
I just hope that people you involve yourself with see it before you bitch out on them. That or learn that your posturing means little next to nothing to anyone here.

I am tired now, and done posting on this thread unless you want to accept my challenge and insure me fair play.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Aran, there was that time in beta where I got about 51 kills in a row with mines and spitfires. But all I was doing was setting them up after every wave. Remember? It was that time where that one guy said to you, "your team sucks," then we proved him wrong as we proceeded to beat back his invation again and again and again. Then there was that time I did like 80+ kills in the pounder max... on both sides. :P

Edit: Not saying I believe him though. And I'm sure Gain has put up those kind of numbers too. As well as doodoobrown and Salis. It just doesn't happen as often anymore because of the large volume of players.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Pre-emptive apology to everyone but Acies for the SirBrucing of this post. Turn back now...
Acies wrote:Yak yak yak. Actually Aranuil, you really fooled me one way or another. You see when I met you at FF, I really liked you. You were polite and friendly.
How I am IRL, has fuck all to do with people talking out of their asses. I don't believe you. I'm also not the one here making assertions I can't back up.
Here you are a dick, straight up. Now, mind you if you do not believe me, who cares? I don't, and honestly you could have let it go at "I don't believe you".
Are you going to cry now?
Instead you chose to try and get other people to side with you (Standard, what we call "Bitch" move)
Given that you're the expert on bitch moves, I guess you would know.
...instead of being confident in your stance.
My 'stance' is that you're a full of shit. Where have I wavered in that?
In fact, I would have been happy to walk you through exactly where I was positioned that allowed me to live and how I relocated had you but asked me how without straight up being an ignoramous.
I have zero interest in you perpetuating this.
But no, I won't take your equally "bitch" challenge. Even if you did have two accounts, that would not be cheating. Also, how would I find that out?
No, you know all this and in fact your bitchery saddens and suprises me.
Tell you what, if you really want to have a go at it, cool. How about a one on one, whomever finds and kills who first wins?
We already tried that. As I recall, we kicked you and your bitch team the hell out of Ekera, and secured the base linked right off your pathetic newb conglomerate sanctuary.
Then, whomever wins decides the fate of his opponents account.
Hell we could even do it live in the field during normal game play, if I didn't think you outfit would help you at their earliest opportunity, if they did spot me. Or would they?
My outfit would destroy you. Again.
Aranuil, as for cheating, who knows? I think that anyone who would call someone a liar without seeking proof is seeking to hide something about himself. Frankly, I did not lie.
You're the one who made the assertion. I just called you on it.
I had a great run of killing people instead of being mowed down by max's and then forced to hack some long distant base for 5k and hope noone with darklight implant came.
You don't get 5k for hacking out of the way bases. Please, show us more of your vast knowledge of Planetside.
As of now, though, I do not put anything past you, including cheating. You lack ethics and manners here, and frankly it is only a matter of time before that spills out into games and even life.
You're completely unqualified to make that assertion. Or perhaps you've got a doctorate in Psychology you haven't told us about.
I just hope that people you involve yourself with see it before you bitch out on them. That or learn that your posturing means little next to nothing to anyone here.
I'd like to say your attempt at character assassination has been good, but it hasn't. In fact, it's sucked ass.
I am tired now, and done posting on this thread unless you want to accept my challenge and insure me fair play.
The difference in knowledge between you and I concerning gameplay in Planetside, I could just about fit into the Grand Canyon. Clearly you don't get it, but allow me to impart just one tip before I walk away laughing at you. If you go anywhere without your team, you're an infiltrator or an idiot or in your case, both.

Finally, last I checked, the /who command still tells what continent someone is on, so feel free to take your best shot.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

I'm pretty sure Acies is full of shit as well... 38 kills as a sniper, thats 76 bullets if you hit every guy 100% of the time... Each box of sniper bullets has only 5 bullets. Thats 16 boxes of bullets... now I'm not quite sure, but is that possible? Now, I sniped for a while myself before discovering the wonders of a trusty Decimator and Striker, but I would miss at least once every two or three kills. That would tack on 13-19 extra bullets, so I'll add 14 extra bullets to the final total for math's sake. Thats 90 bullets, 90 sniper shots and no one ever found you? It pretty hard to believe. My best kill total was a 28 run with a Pounder MAX and I thought that was pretty frickin unbelievable, but 38 just sounds insane, and I know my TR buddies are not THAT stupid to not find a sniper for that long.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

ROFL
Sorry, had to respond again.
Tell you what, me and my ass you kicked out of Ekera the first day I had touched the game.
When you have balls enough to actually fight me away from your outfit (who I contend without their support, you=nothing) then you can make bold brash statements with multipule quotes and have it do something but impress the yokels.
Basically you just devoured my challenge (a one on one challenge) with your response of "My outfit would destroy you"... the brain power itself astounds me not unlike semi-hyrdated processed cheese subsitute.
What part exactly of 'one on one' fails to process?
Anyway, yeah. REAL intelligent, I can see why they choose you to lead :roll:

Oh and Riv,
I reloaded about three-four times. I love the trunks of vehicles :)
Bujinkan is teh win!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

The moment we detect a sniper, we pinpoint the direction, and then reavers, mosquitos, and infantry proceed to his position. He might be lucky to kill two people, but he's sure as hell not going to kill 38 of us.

For someone who could care less about my opinion, I find it funny that he took the time to go to the website and look up my stats.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Now that I look back, it really isn't possible... He would need 76 bullets, so he would need at a minimum of 16 cases of bullets (without misses), each case of bullets is 3x3. However, the reinforced armor is only 12x9 in size. So simple math would tell us that the maximum amount of bullet cases is 12. So the maximum amount of kills one can get without getting more ammo as a sniper, granted that he is facing others that begin with full health, the sniper would be able to get a grand total of 30 kills. Sorry Acies, 38 kills is impossible, unless something about your story is false, or you just happen to run into a ton of guys that were at shit health.

What I Am Listening To
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Acies wrote:When you have balls enough to actually fight me away from your outfit (who I contend without their support, you=nothing) then you can make bold brash statements with multipule quotes and have it do something but impress the yokels.
You really don't understand this game do you? This isn't Unreal Tournament 2003 you fucking gimp. If you go anywhere whithout your squad/outfit, you're going to die and accomplish nothing.
Basically you just devoured my challenge (a one on one challenge) with your response of "My outfit would destroy you"... the brain power itself astounds me not unlike semi-hyrdated processed cheese subsitute.
What part of, THIS ISN'T A ONE ON ONE GAME YOU FUCKING MORON. do you not understand. As I said in my last post, issue a /who and fucking bring it. Or alternatively, you can just hang out here running your mouth. Do me a favor. Don't talk ever again until you break 100 kills you gimp.
Oh and Riv,
Hahaha more evidence you're full of shit. I'm sure you parked your mosquito out in front of a base, ran inside, grabbed a bunch of boxes of sniper ammo, and destroyed all of your Mosquito ammo so you'd be ready for another mad killing spree. :roll: You don't even have fucking reinforced armor.
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aranuil wrote:The moment we detect a sniper, we pinpoint the direction, and then reavers, mosquitos, and infantry proceed to his position. He might be lucky to kill two people, but he's sure as hell not going to kill 38 of us.

For someone who could care less about my opinion, I find it funny that he took the time to go to the website and look up my stats.
You being you highly trained Beta proven outfit, or you being all Terrans? I have no doubt that I could not have pulled what I did on your team.

And your opinion equates mythically into your character now?
Nono. Better required plz.
Bujinkan is teh win!
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Acies wrote:
U BNG U HIGHLY TRANE3D BTA PROVEN OUTFIT OR U BNG AL TERANS?!!!!!?!! WTF I HAEV NO DOUBT TAHT I CUD NOT HAEV PUL3D WUT I DID ON UR TAM1!!1 LOL

AND UR OPINION EQUAETS MYTHICALY IN2 UR CHARACT3R NOW???????? OMG WTF LOL
NONO11!111!1 LOL BTAR R3QUIERD PLZ!!1!! OMG WTF LOL
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I know that if I was killed, once or even twice, I would know the exact direction he would be in, circle around his position and take him out, if hes so busy that hes taking out people left and right, then he certainly isn't going to notice one guy circling around his position to get a nice shot at his back. The best killing spree I ever had as a sniper was when I stumbled over a AMS, and just aimed at where they would load up their equip, and just shoot, shoot, and shoot... I must have killed 10 or 15, and by then I had to fend off 1 or 2 guys that stormed my position and finally killed me.

What I Am Listening To
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Yeah they probably all had their volume off on their PCs, and didn't hear the report from the bolt driver going off every 3 seconds... :roll:
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Aranuil wrote:Vaemas, that I would almost believe, but my team would have been all over you with Strikers and Decimators. Vehicles don't last long around Avestan, Salis and Sarcasm.
Yeah, I'm sure. They kept coming out with pounders on the 2 and top floors of the air tower and I kept nailing them. Only two guys had the sense to take out anti-vehicle weapons against us. Unfortunately, they kept coming outside the building but would stay close to the walls where the splash damage would take them out.

If they had at any point formed a concerted attack we would have been history. They were just too stupid to work together. It helps that my driver and I use TeamSpeak for coms instead of having to type things out. Much much faster that way and less sucky than the built-in voice coms.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aranuil wrote:
Acies wrote:When you have balls enough to actually fight me away from your outfit (who I contend without their support, you=nothing) then you can make bold brash statements with multipule quotes and have it do something but impress the yokels.
You really don't understand this game do you? This isn't Unreal Tournament 2003 you fucking gimp. If you go anywhere whithout your squad/outfit, you're going to die and accomplish nothing.
What part of, THIS ISN'T A ONE ON ONE GAME YOU FUCKING MORON. do you not understand. As I said in my last post, issue a /who and fucking bring it. Or alternatively, you can just hang out here running your mouth. Do me a favor. Don't talk ever again until you break 100 kills you gimp.
Oh and Riv,
Hahaha more evidence you're full of shit. I'm sure you parked your mosquito out in front of a base, ran inside, grabbed a bunch of boxes of sniper ammo, and destroyed all of your Mosquito ammo so you'd be ready for another mad killing spree. :roll: You don't even have fucking reinforced armor.
/sigh
I was not at a base, it was close to a tower.
Actually, I did until I traded it back for some differant certification.
And you know what? YOU are the one that is full of shit Aranuil.
Like, because it is more difficult to do things on your own, this is suddenly not a one on one game? Or, because it fits your excuse for bailing from a more reasonable challenge, it is a one on one game?
NO EXCEPTIONS!!1

No balls. That's all. And you know what? I will eventually take great pleasure in finding you, sniping you and a few of your "squadies" then dissappearing before you can catch me. That will be your "proof". K?
Bujinkan is teh win!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Rivera Bladestrike wrote:I'm pretty sure Acies is full of shit as well... 38 kills as a sniper, thats 76 bullets if you hit every guy 100% of the time... Each box of sniper bullets has only 5 bullets. Thats 16 boxes of bullets... now I'm not quite sure, but is that possible? Now, I sniped for a while myself before discovering the wonders of a trusty Decimator and Striker, but I would miss at least once every two or three kills. That would tack on 13-19 extra bullets, so I'll add 14 extra bullets to the final total for math's sake. Thats 90 bullets, 90 sniper shots and no one ever found you? It pretty hard to believe. My best kill total was a 28 run with a Pounder MAX and I thought that was pretty frickin unbelievable, but 38 just sounds insane, and I know my TR buddies are not THAT stupid to not find a sniper for that long.
quoted because I would going to say that.

36 kills is too many to get one one loadout even if you filled your inventory with nothing but sniper rounds, unless all you shoot is infils and rarely miss.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Wow, those guys really did suck hehe, usually always hit a Vanguard with three strikers every time I see one... by the way, how much damage does 3 strikers do to a tank? I'm just wondering, I've taken out a couple tanks, but I always get different numbers or lose track of the tank I'm tracking due to other tanks in the area and death.

What I Am Listening To
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Acies wrote: /sigh
I was not at a base, it was close to a tower.
Actually, I did until I traded it back for some differant certification.
And you know what? YOU are the one that is full of shit Aranuil.
I am full of shit about what???
Like, because it is more difficult to do things on your own, this is suddenly not a one on one game? Or, because it fits your excuse for bailing from a more reasonable challenge, it is a one on one game?
NO EXCEPTIONS!!1
It's not more difficult to do things on your own, it's stupid. Do you understand the difference between Planetside, and a 1-on-1 deathmatch game ala UT2003 or Quake? Your challenge is retarded, but when I consider the source, it all makes sense.
No balls. That's all. And you know what? I will eventually take great pleasure in finding you, sniping you and a few of your "squadies" then dissappearing before you can catch me. That will be your "proof". K?
No balls? Are you high? Did you really think no one would call bullshit on your little spew of idiocy? You don't solo in Planetside you fucking newbie. If you do, you die, and you accomplish nothing. I mean, I guess if I went off soloing, I could make up a bullshit story about killing 38 people, but anyone who knows a fucking thing about PS knows you don't solo.

Come after me whenever you like. You won't have to disappear though. I'll take care of that for you, and I'll allow you to reappear at your spawn point.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Acies wrote:No balls. That's all. And you know what? I will eventually take great pleasure in finding you, sniping you and a few of your "squadies" then dissappearing before you can catch me. That will be your "proof". K?
Well, you can't be that good if you only have 96 kills.

What I Am Listening To
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Aranuil wrote:No balls? Are you high? Did you really think no one would call bullshit on your little spew of idiocy? You don't solo in Planetside you fucking newbie. If you do, you die, and you accomplish nothing. I mean, I guess if I went off soloing, I could make up a bullshit story about killing 38 people, but anyone who knows a fucking thing about PS knows you don't solo.
I get my best exp when I solo... I do it just about everytime I log in, since usually I don't have enough time to log in to find a good squad and my outfit sucks ass (the leaders are dumb fucks). But hey, I go and take out MAXs and get 300xp a pop, and they're a sinch with decimators and strikers, the killing isn't as plenty, but it certainly is better... its a balance...

If you look at my stats, I got 700ish less kills than you and 250ish less hacks, but I'm only 3BRs lower. You can definately play this game if you solo, a squad isn't a necessity. But that assumption on the 3BRs lower is off a bit, didn't notice you were a CR5. If I had some people of moderate intelligence in my outfit, it'd be OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more fun in a squad environment, but until then, I solo.

What I Am Listening To
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Rivera Bladestrike wrote:
Aranuil wrote:No balls? Are you high? Did you really think no one would call bullshit on your little spew of idiocy? You don't solo in Planetside you fucking newbie. If you do, you die, and you accomplish nothing. I mean, I guess if I went off soloing, I could make up a bullshit story about killing 38 people, but anyone who knows a fucking thing about PS knows you don't solo.
I get my best exp when I solo... I do it just about everytime I log in, since usually I don't have enough time to log in to find a good squad and my outfit sucks ass (the leaders are dumb fucks). But hey, I go and take out MAXs and get 300xp a pop, and they're a sinch with decimators and strikers, the killing isn't as plenty, but it certainly is better... its a balance...

If you look at my stats, I got 700ish less kills than you and 250ish less hacks, but I'm only 3BRs lower. You can definately play this game if you solo, a squad isn't a necessity. But that assumption on the 3BRs lower is off a bit, didn't notice you were a CR5. If I had some people of moderate intelligence in my outfit, it'd be OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS more fun in a squad environment, but until then, I solo.
Well, I think it really depends upon what your goals are. I view the goal of Planetside as continental control. I view experience and kills in Planetside as something that just happens. Therefore I really don't pay a lot of attention to experience, or kills. I simply look for the most strategic target, acquire it as quickly as possible, and move on to the next. I try to coordinate my team to take the important towers at the right times.

So while soloing isn't impossible, I think we can all agree that it would be very difficult to accomplish what I believe the goal of the game is by soloing.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I have gotten 12 kills in a row once. I was pretty happy.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Our Galaxy pilot often just drops us off at a tower/base then goes off sniper hunting. Operation: Sniper Squash :)
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Nods, I've had a few occasions when I've been happily sitting on a hillside looking for a target in the nearby battle with my boltdriver (when I had that cert) or my cycler, and suddenly it all goes dark around me and there's a sudden squashing noise as some goober in a galaxy or reaver runs me over. Bastards. :P

*Hugs*
Varia