Football for PS2

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Football for PS2

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Currently I am playing Madden 2003 but I am having issues with a few things.

The music labels always are in the way and annoying.
Instant replays never occur when there was a TD.
Challenges are not consistent. Obvious out of bounds would be called a catch after review.
The weather is not consistant. No snow in Green Bay during playoffs?
The kinder family oriented Madden doesn't allow you to get in that Late Hit.
Barely enough time to run a play after a time out.
Stat progression for players is too slow.
Madden cards are just plain stupid.
Some stats are missing like Knockdowns and Hurries for linemen.

Those are just a few of the things that annoy me that I can remember right now. Could someone recommend a better game that isn't so crappy. I am not looking for a game that is unrealistic where you bodyslam players and such. I just want a game that is more realistic than Madden.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Madden is the best/most realistic football game period. Your questions do have answers and most of them involve the numbers 2004. But for the ones that don't I can answer.
The music labels always are in the way and annoying.
Not really, they only are in the way in one area, though it escapes me off the top of my head.
Instant replays never occur when there was a TD.
Bullshit.
Challenges are not consistent. Obvious out of bounds would be called a catch after review.
This is true, but then I thought about something. How can they make it more realistic and consistent? That is the one area where VR will never compete with RL. That will be an endless problem that can only get better but ultimately still leave room for bitching.
The weather is not consistant. No snow in Green Bay during playoffs?
Global warming sucks ass. :) Honestly, it's just something they probably forgot to include. It's like that all over the game, though during the regular season (in game) the snow usually shows up at the right time.
The kinder family oriented Madden doesn't allow you to get in that Late Hit.
Agreed, but that always did cause more bad than good.
Barely enough time to run a play after a time out.
Maybe for you.
Madden cards are just plain stupid.
Yup.
Some stats are missing like Knockdowns and Hurries for linemen.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The music labels should never have been put in. They should have been in the credits if anything. It doesn't effect the game but it sure is annoying.

I have been playing since the game came out, as you prolly have as well, and I have yet to see an instant replay happen after a touchdown. You could have the most amazing run and break 20 tackles and just squeak into the endzone and the computer won't give you a replay unless you do it manually.
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

playing the game > instant replays
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The instant replays enhance the experience. It's like a pat on the back for doing a great job. Not really essential for the game but a nice feature that makes the game more enjoyable. Unless ofcourse they don't replay your awesome TD run or TD diving catch.
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

maybe it's just me but i'd rather just play the game...instant replays make the game take too long. that goes for any game that offers instant replays.
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I don't have the game anymore, but I could have sworn that there was a setting that decided how often you had instant replays.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I know for a fact that after you run back kicks there is a IR. But honestly I usually speed through them unless the play is spectacular (which is always the case if I'm playing :P ) Also any defensive TD's have IR. I also rarely play against the computer, in Madden 2002 a bunch of friends and I got together and did the fantasy draft and completely built up our team from scratch which takes about 5 hours to do among 5 people. That is some of the most fun I have had in football, but it was more time consuming/demanding than EQ if you can believe it. If I do play it is always against someone else. I feel that playing the computer is bullshit. I usually take off all penalties that you can't help, such as holding, facemask, etc. Because the computer will use those to get even with you, especially in All-Madden.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Ahhhh Ok I should have made myself more clear. I play almost exclusivly against the computer for a few reasons. First, there is no one around that plays anymore since I left college, second, I can't afford to buy a network thing for my PS2 (more like the wife won't let me), and third, like was mentioned it does take some time to play even if you are against the computer but more so with friends.

I do not doubt that you get IR's when you are playing others because I really don't know. All I know is that maybe the computer is pissed that I got a TD and refuses to do an IR.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Do not play on the network. I had it hooked up for all of a week, and those people are fucking insane. You think you have seen good, these motherfuckers HAVE to be using gameshark the way they play. They will run every fucking kick back on you garaunteed.

It's asinine.