So im gonna try out this game. Need some info.

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

So im gonna try out this game. Need some info.

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Im an old Tribes fan and im fairly interested in this game. What server are you all planning on playing for release? Can you give me some pointers so I dont waste time creating a toon that is worthless? Is Zoocow a mangina? Is Drolgin from Spain? I love sniping. Please tell me sniping isnt worthless.
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

sniping is situational. You will not be able to assault a base with a sniper rifle, but you can defned outside or at towers quite well with one. It is not as easy to snipe as it is in other FPS games because the cone of fire is larger and the bullet will not always fly exactly where you point it.

We have not decided on a release server. Still workin it all out.
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Sniping is great fun! Big battle = sniper rifle and 40 targets :) Like Ave said, it takes some getting used to because of the difference but it's still pretty effective.
Tyrone
No Stars!

Post by Tyrone »

I wouldnt say being a "sniper" is effective at all, however having one is a different story as long as it is not your primary objective to snipe.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Snipers can be a huge asset. My main objective as a sniper if we are doing an assault on a base is to take spitfires out before our people get chewed by them. Next I look for engineers that are placing the mines and spitfires. After that, I start dialing up the enemy around the base. It has been a much better spot for me to be than up close with assault weapons.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I like last night when i was told I was pretty smart for bringing a sniper rifle inside....then killed a max at the CC doors..yeah, good times
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: So im gonna try out this game. Need some info.

Post by Boogahz »

Vailex Darkfury wrote:Im an old Tribes fan and im fairly interested in this game. What server are you all planning on playing for release? Can you give me some pointers so I dont waste time creating a toon that is worthless? Is Zoocow a mangina? Is Drolgin from Spain? I love sniping. Please tell me sniping isnt worthless.
In order:

Not decided since we don't know what servers will be at release, but we are on the Markhov Beta server.

No toon is worthless since you can "forget" a skill whenever you want (just have a 24 hour period before you can forget another).

Yes

No, he's from Sweden

Sniping is not worthless if you know when/where to use that skill. :)
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

It depends on what you want to do. I'm not exactly the most experienced player, but by my observations this is what I see:
For the independent user I'd recommend:
MAX - a type of mobile suit, high armor, good firepower, severe lack of options other than to kill people, has run-mode to travel moderately fast from one place to another, and its basically an all-in-one certification. So you can be very powerful even as a newbie (if you have a brain and a decent FPS backround). There are three types of MAXs, the Anti-Infantry, Anti-Vehicle, and Anti-Air. I have them all atm, (I play TR), They're for different purposes obviously, and they're all very good at getting their assigned job done. Anti-Vehicle is probaly the most powerful, AV a close second mainly because of the arc you have to deal with the grenade launcher, and the AA is extremely good (takes out Reavers like nothing), but horrible against anything on the ground (really really bad).
Reaver - a type of plane, pretty expensive cert-wise from the beginning, but it can take out MAXs pretty easily, has some pretty powerful firepower, and its a fast way to travel.

Thats basically what I play now, I'm going to be trying out the sniper / hacker.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To