Has anyone bothered to do all the trials in PoJ?

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Has anyone bothered to do all the trials in PoJ?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

What's the payoff? I understand it allows you to fight 7th Hammer, but other than that, I have no clue. If you fight 7th, is it a single group encounter like the other trials?

Hook me up. Any info would be appreciated.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Doing them all gets you some Mark you can hand in for the 5th Hammer key.
7th Hammer is prolly a 18-person encounter but I've never tried - just been up there and got killed to see what he could do.

That's it though. Solving all the trials was kinda amusing and now I'm never going to PoJ again unless its to kill the 7th.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Soriathus Serpentine »

Accourding to the "big killers list" noone has killed the 7th hammer, not even FoH. I could be wrong that's not exactly an exact representation of dead mobs on our server, but closest thing we've got. I have heard the the 7th Hammer in general is a HARD AS BEOTCH, so maybe it's just rumor or maybe someone has indeed fought he/she/it. One of the main reasons why I think noone's taken the time to kill it is simply because it's not required for advancement to the elemental planes.

My big questions is... is it required to beat Plane of Earth B. I mean FoH has been strugling for months with it (because it's "broken" mind you). But what if SoE did something tricky like making the 7th Hammer as being necissary to beet the Rathe Council. I dunno just something that's been brewing in my head. I mean heck FoH should beat the 7th Hammer down if they haven't already just so they have something new to do, they are killing NPC's in PoK and PoTranq for crying out loud. It's very entertaining watching 20 or so mobs in PoTranq being kited by an FoH bard, but the 7th Hammer I think would at least give them a real mob to kill (again this is all assuming they haven't already beat him).
Soriathus Serpentine - Epic Luminary of the Scaled Mystics
Master of All Trades (See my magelo for trade stats)
Proud Member of Keepers of the Elements

Blumgan says, 'If I could bottle his enthusiasm for the game I'd be rich.'
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Soriathus Serpentine wrote:Accourding to the "big killers list" noone has killed the 7th hammer, not even FoH. I could be wrong that's not exactly an exact representation of dead mobs on our server, but closest thing we've got. I have heard the the 7th Hammer in general is a HARD AS BEOTCH, so maybe it's just rumor or maybe someone has indeed fought he/she/it. One of the main reasons why I think noone's taken the time to kill it is simply because it's not required for advancement to the elemental planes.

My big questions is... is it required to beat Plane of Earth B. I mean FoH has been strugling for months with it (because it's "broken" mind you). But what if SoE did something tricky like making the 7th Hammer as being necissary to beet the Rathe Council. I dunno just something that's been brewing in my head. I mean heck FoH should beat the 7th Hammer down if they haven't already just so they have something new to do, they are killing NPC's in PoK and PoTranq for crying out loud. It's very entertaining watching 20 or so mobs in PoTranq being kited by an FoH bard, but the 7th Hammer I think would at least give them a real mob to kill (again this is all assuming they haven't already beat him).
Afterlife killed the 7th Hammer, and they ain't in time either, don't overthink the cockblock
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Soriathus Serpentine »

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up again it was just a weird theory based on no evidence what so ever so yeah cockblock it is.
Soriathus Serpentine - Epic Luminary of the Scaled Mystics
Master of All Trades (See my magelo for trade stats)
Proud Member of Keepers of the Elements

Blumgan says, 'If I could bottle his enthusiasm for the game I'd be rich.'