Screenshots, Sys Req's, UI and other info's....

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Screenshots, Sys Req's, UI and other info's....

Post by Ransure »

Ok, so what is going to be the ideal setup to run this game, and the worst setup that will run it passibly? (meaning I can keel people..)

Also, whats the UI like? keyboard control? joystick?....

Where are teh SS's?!?!?!?!

Can I train people in PS? Is there a class called "bait"?
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Screenshots, Sys Req's, UI and other info's....

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Ransure wrote:Ok, so what is going to be the ideal setup to run this game, and the worst setup that will run it passibly? (meaning I can keel people..)

Also, whats the UI like? keyboard control? joystick?....

Where are teh SS's?!?!?!?!

Can I train people in PS? Is there a class called "bait"?
I would highly recommend having at least a 1.3 ghz processor with 512mb Ram and a 128 mb vid card. Otherwise you will lag your ass off in some of the hot areas. You could probably get by with less if you stick to unpopulated spots.

You can currently use keyboard and mouse. Joystick support is coming soon, they just have not mapped some of it yet. You can pretty much remap anything you want in the configs and is very easy. Currently, there is a bug in it saving the keyboard mappings, but you can edit the files on your machine and make them read only to get around them not saving. I think joystick support will make the air vehicles even easier to control. Even with mouse and keyboard, I can take the Reaver at full speed 5 feet off the ground and weave through the trees as well as any ground vehicle.

You can't really "train" someone, but you can definitely set an ambush. I actually fell victim to this while dogfighting a Mosquito. He turned and ran me right into a squad of about 6 Maxes, which promptly showed me how the respawning feature works.

the interface is not all that difficult. It will take EQ people a bit to get used to the chat though. I am hoping they add in many of the EQ chat features to smooth it out.
kurzweil
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by kurzweil »

Tried using my sidewinder joystick, but it didn't seem to take, so gave up and went back to mouse. Weaving between trees in a Reaver is fun. :)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

the 3D code hasn't been totally optimized yet and there are some niggling memory leaks that are hurting performance, so it is hard to tell exactly what the final specs will be. I'm playing it on an athlon XP 2000+ with 512 ram and a geforce 4 4400 and I am fine even in very large firefights outdoors (but there are some issues with the network code that need to be worked out there). The only time I start dropping frames really badly or freeze up to load some new texture is if I've been playing for a few hours or I've zoned into 3-4 different continents.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

I play on my Athlon XP 1600+ with a Geforce 4 normally. Runs good, but a lot of the eye-candy is turned down for me.
I actually play reasonably well on a P3 600 with a geforce 2 when the wife is using the better computer.
Sabek
Just Sabek
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

I play with an athlon xp 1800+ and a 64mb gf2TI with 256mb ram.. I can't render and play at the same time, which blows ass. Also if i'm not indoors and someone fires at me, the game pauses which will in most cases cause me to die, but its still overall playable.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

play a pent 4 2.25ghz geforce4 with use of RR, I run it perfectly. Lag hasn't been a major issue for me so I wouldn't bitch about it. Server crashes on the other hand....