I was a naive fool to be a human shield for Saddam

What do you think about the world?
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I was a naive fool to be a human shield for Saddam

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Forgive me if this is a repeat. Another article with a twist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... /ixop.html
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Very interesting indeed. The individual paints a bleak picture of human beings having been abused for so long they suspect the motives of everyone. The following excerpt I found to be interesting.

"Anyone with half a brain must see that Saddam has to be taken out. It is extraordinarily ironic that the anti-war protesters are marching to defend a government which stops its people exercising that freedom."

A complete about face from an individual who went to Iraq, risking his life to be a human shield. It would benefit everyone on both sides of this argument to go to Iraq, formulate opinions based upon first hand knowledge of the people and the circumstances surrounding this war.

BTW if Supporting GWB and the US led Coalition = Warmonger
then it can be said that supporting the anti-war crowd = Saddam Lover.

Cheers
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

If I see another link for an 'opinion' by that Daniel Pepper fuckwit I'm gonna scream.

The guy is an amateur photographer who went to Iraq for about 1 week under the ruse of being a 'human shield', left before anything ever happened (was assigned to 'shield' a power plant) then whined to every major news source about how bad it is in Iraq and how evil Saddam is based on the testimony of a cab driver that may or may not have been an Iraqi.

He's a little fucking whiner looking for his 15 minutes.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

God damn. Just because someone doesn't support Bush doesn't make them a Saddam lover. Quit linking these two things together.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

I tend to give more attention to someone who has been there.

Is Miir Canadian?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Adex_Xeda wrote:I tend to give more attention to someone who has been there.
And I guess it makes no difference that he has been drilled in the media for the inconsistencies of his stories and the rhetoric in his opinion.

If you think rubbish like that in any way resembles credible journalism, you're a fool.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Kaldaur wrote:God damn. Just because someone doesn't support Bush doesn't make them a Saddam lover. Quit linking these two things together.

Read it again and you will see that I wrote to call people who support the US action in Iraq Racists or Warmongers would make the opposite true Anti-War crowd = Saddam Lovers. Both are inflammatory and ignorant statements.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

I believe the thread we had here on the VV about the human shields agreed unanimously that they were fuckwits?

No news here.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

hehe,

This article sure does make you guys uncomfortable.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Adex_Xeda wrote:hehe,

This article sure does make you guys uncomfortable.

Not uncomfortable at all.
I find it rather amusing that 'you guys' must resort to biased editorial to assuage the guilt you must feel from encouraging this invasion.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

hehe,

This article sure does make you guys uncomfortable
Unconfortable how?
They're dumbasses. The anti-war posters here agreed at the time. I'm guessing they still do. I sure as fuck do. Protesting the war is one thing. Offering to be draped across a power station is just idiocy.
Uncomfortable because of the "revelation" that Saddam is a bad man?
Newp. I guess we need to work harder on the difference between opposing war and supporting Saddam.
Uncomfortable because he quotes some Iraqis are in favour of the war?
Again, no news here.

You're gonna have to clarify your point some.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Now tell me do you beleive in propaganda... do you think Saddam would plant someone somewhere to say just the right thing? Do you think we'd be above that... sure makes a great story, eat it up, even if it was probably a plant.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

LOL. Everything with you anti-war people is a "plant" if they support Saddam getting the boot. Just acknowledge that someone was there and knows what the fuck they are talking about and you know jack shit. You people get so defensive it's hilarious.

Adex, just ignore miir and you'll be much happier. I already posted this in the Human Shield thread. It's more fun debating a weed. Or should I say "plant'. Ha!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

Miir wrote:
And I guess it makes no difference that he has been drilled in the media for the inconsistencies of his stories and the rhetoric in his opinion.

If you think rubbish like that in any way resembles credible journalism, you're a fool.
Could I ask for a link or source of the drilling? I found a couple of editorial/opinion pieces that pretty much called Pepper a traitor. I haven't really found anything that questioned his story or motives.

I can see where it could have been a shot at getting his name known. I found a couple of photos from Afghanistan credited to him. But I'm not sure that his story doesn't have an element of truth.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Aslanna wrote:LOL. Everything with you anti-war people is a "plant" if they support Saddam getting the boot. Just acknowledge that someone was there and knows what the fuck they are talking about and you know jack shit. You people get so defensive it's hilarious.

Adex, just ignore miir and you'll be much happier. I already posted this in the Human Shield thread. It's more fun debating a weed. Or should I say "plant'. Ha!
Hmmm, I am Anti-war?? Or am I anti-bullshit. I know bullshit when I smell it and this war stinks of it. Just acknowledge the CIA has a history of plantying peeple like this for propaganda purposed both in the US and abroad and I will stop pointing it out. It is called Coin-tel-pro. I guarentee I know about Dick(Richard) Held (his real name) and his previous actions better then you having gone thru them firsthand to know when a media report smacks of his classis MO. I am not Anti-war btw, I play devils advocate better then most and I also know when the media and government are fulla shit. Defensive... cause some twit is a lying sack of shit milking this for every ounce of publicity it can... sorry I couldn't give a fuck, but blind I am not. By the way, I personally agree with the concept of this war, too bad it's execution is going to inspire 2 generations of Martyrs. The war is right, the way it is being gone about is plain wrong, and the kinda shit listed above is pathetically transparent
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Pherr the Dorf wrote:
Aslanna wrote:LOL. Everything with you anti-war people is a "plant" if they support Saddam getting the boot. Just acknowledge that someone was there and knows what the fuck they are talking about and you know jack shit. You people get so defensive it's hilarious.

Hmmm, I am Anti-war?? Or am I anti-bullshit. I know bullshit when I smell it and this war stinks of it. Just acknowledge the CIA has a history of plantying peeple like this for propaganda purposed both in the US and abroad and I will stop pointing it out. It is called Coin-tel-pro. I guarentee I know about Dick(Richard) Held (his real name) and his previous actions better then you having gone thru them firsthand to know when a media report smacks of his classis MO. I am not Anti-war btw, I play devils advocate better then most and I also know when the media and government are fulla shit. Defensive... cause some twit is a lying sack of shit milking this for every ounce of publicity it can... sorry I couldn't give a fuck, but blind I am not. By the way, I personally agree with the concept of this war, too bad it's execution is going to inspire 2 generations of Martyrs. The war is right, the way it is being gone about is plain wrong, and the kinda shit listed above is pathetically transparent
omg... thank you.
Bujinkan is teh win!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I secretly work for the CIA.

Shhsh!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Acies
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Acies »

Aslanna wrote:I secretly work for the CIA.

Shhsh!
The squirrel mugs the pidgeon at Midnight....
Bujinkan is teh win!